Random turn on problem when using Xbox One Controller with Xbox Series X

Discus and support Random turn on problem when using Xbox One Controller with Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I have problem with my Xbox One controller when using with Xbox Series X. When I turn on my Xbox Series X using Xbox button on controller, in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VerWolf1704, Nov 9, 2021.

1. VerWolf1704
    VerWolf1704 Guest

Hello! I have problem with my Xbox One controller when using with Xbox Series X.

When I turn on my Xbox Series X using Xbox button on controller, in some cases after the OS has booted and user logged in, controller cannot sync with the Xbox Series X.

Symptoms: after pressing Xbox button, the Xbox Series X turns on, the button on controller starts to light up steady, after which the OS starts loading, then the button starts blinking, and does not stop blinking after the OS is loaded. Restarting controller helps (by long pressing Xbox button or removing the batteries) - it connecting to console and is ready to go.

I must mention that this controller has a quick login function enabled.

The problem is observed from the very beginning of using Xbox Series X with this controller. Stock Xbox Series X controller works fine.

The problem is reproduced very randomly about once every three days with a schedule of using the console 1-2 times a day.

I tried to reproduce the problem by simply turning the console on / off, turning the console off with a complete power off,

changing the batteries - no result. The problem, as it looks to me, is the console startup timing. Also I tried toggling the quick login feature on / off, also to no avail.

Wireless controller for Xbox One

Model 1708

Serial Number M1008260-007 09640754334013

Software version: 4.8.1923.0

Xbox Series X

OS Version: 10.0.22000.2285

:)

VerWolf1704, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Seems like it's the controller itself, and it looks like you have performed all the necessary steps to fix it. We may need to get the controller replaced if it's still in warranty.
  3. VerWolf1704 Win User

Hi Francia! Thanks! I will try the suggested actions and write about any results as soon as they appear.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi VerWolf1704, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In this case, please reset your console to factory reset keeping your games and apps in that way any corrupted system data that may be causing the issue will be removed.

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. VerWolf1704 Win User

I checked the controller on Original Xbox One - exactly the same problem!
  6. VerWolf1704 Win User

Also I can check if this issue is reproducible on another console (Original Xbox One) if needed.
Thema:

1. Random turn on problem when using Xbox One Controller with Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Random turn problem

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  4. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  5. Xbox series s turns off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s turns off randomly: Hello i just get an xbox series s seconde hand 2days ago and yesterday i was playing like 4-5hours and then while im playing fifa the s freezes and the controller start blinking and then shutdown...
  6. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  7. My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...: My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my internet connection of but generally happens between the hours of 5-12....
  8. Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on: My xbox controller is flashing and then it vibrated twice before turning off. I did not pay £400 just for 10 months later nonsense like this. Knew i shouldve gotten the ps3 on my 7th birthday...
  9. Xbox series S turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S turning off randomly: For the past few months my Xbox series S has been turning off randomly. Sometimes when I’m playing a game and sometimes when I’m just watching YouTube. It’s even happened when I’ve been sat at the...
  10. i have this problem on my controller. it turns off randomly with it has its wire plug in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have this problem on my controller. it turns off randomly with it has its wire plug in...: xbox series x/s controller i have this problem which it’s always disconnecting random times but when it disconnects it vibrates then it connects sometimes it keeps doing it like every min. But...