Random Restart

Discus and support Random Restart in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; no more than 10 minutes ago, my xbox one restarted itself while I was in the middle of a game. It wasn't so much as a total restart, as in it kicked me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emperor4065, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Emperor4065
    Emperor4065 Guest

Random Restart

no more than 10 minutes ago, my xbox one restarted itself while I was in the middle of a game. It wasn't so much as a total restart, as in it kicked me back to the home screen with no apps or games active at all. this happen to anyone else?

is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future? losing the game progress that I had is pretty upsetting.

:)

Emperor4065, Dec 31, 2013
  2. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    random restarts

Hi there THEUKNOWN08! Sorry to hear about your restarting issues your having! Could you try and unplug EVERYTHING from the console including USB devices, power and A/V cables etc as if it just came out of the box then hold down/keep your finger on the
    power button for about 5 seconds, leave everything unplugged for about 30 seconds, plug everything back in, then see if that resolves your issue? Thanks! Random Restart :)

iNb4 Ownage, Dec 31, 2013
  3. Random restart

Hi there Resident Evil -

Let's have you follow the troubleshooting steps for Xbox One unexpectedly turning off if you haven't already.

Please let us know how that goes so we can best help you out!

Miss Ghidorah, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Random Restart

Emporer,

I've had it happen a few times to me during certain games. Normally a do a power cycle by holding the console power button (while it is on) for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on. Power cycling will clear the cache and
    reset the network card. Don't think I've had it happen to me in a few weeks.

eG x Thee Elf, Dec 31, 2013
  5. Breathe Kuush Win User

random restarts

Okay, I'm going to need a bit more detail. What are you doing while the Xbox restarts? What kind of Xbox do you have and how old is it? What is your setup as far as cables go, for instance are you using HDMI or AV? Is it for a particular game or just randomly
    happens at unknown times?
  6. iNb4 Ownage Win User

random restarts

Hi there THEUKNOWN08! Sorry to hear about your restarting issues your having! Could you try and unplug EVERYTHING from the console including USB devices, power and A/V cables etc as if it just came out of the box then hold down/keep your finger on the
    power button for about 5 seconds, leave everything unplugged for about 30 seconds, plug everything back in, then see if that resolves your issue? Thanks! :)
  7. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Random restart

Hi there Resident Evil -

Let's have you follow the troubleshooting steps for Xbox One unexpectedly turning off if you haven't already.

Please let us know how that goes so we can best help you out!
  8. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Random Restart

Emporer,

I've had it happen a few times to me during certain games. Normally a do a power cycle by holding the console power button (while it is on) for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on. Power cycling will clear the cache and
    reset the network card. Don't think I've had it happen to me in a few weeks.
  9. Tajhmaster879 Win User

Xbox one sign on and random restart.

Hello friend, I am apart of the xbox ambassador program, it's my first day, I'm here to help you out with your problem. Try power cycling your console. Go to the settings and set your power to power saving mode. then turn off your console. Unplug and wait
    approximately 2 minutes. Plug back in and turn on your console. This should help with your problem. If you have any more questions please direct yourself to the support page. I hope I helped you with your problem.
Thema:

Random Restart

1. Random Restart - Similar Threads - Random Restart

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  4. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  5. Xbox restarting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox restarting randomly: Hello Microsoft. My xbox series x is brand new and sometimes restarts in the middle of a game when I don't want it to. Please tell me how to fix this issue. 44d48827-f916-42e6-b07d-da72251a0d96
  6. Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X needs to restart several times, random loss of Wifi Connection: Hello everyone, I have a xbox one x attached to an LG LCD TV (47ln5406). Ever since the last update some time in October I experience several issues. 1) Snowy screen issues almost every time I...
  7. new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    new xbox one s shuts off random during start up. tried the restart power and it did not work.: i have had the new xbox one s console for 1 day and now it wont start. keeps shutting off during start. tried the power reset and it didnt work. any other things to fix it?...
  8. Random restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random restart: My Xbox one s will randomly shut down and its not even warm, why? b756214b-eabe-4259-bfd8-ae5c0007b6e5
  9. "Having Trouble Connecting?" Pin on home screen and Random Restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Having Trouble Connecting?" Pin on home screen and Random Restart: After power cycling my console the "Having Trouble Connecting?" Pin appeared again. I am currently on the preview dashboard update OS version: 6.2.11653.0 (xb_rel_1410.141009-1648) fre. I didn't...
  10. Xbox one sign on and random restart.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one sign on and random restart.: I guess everyone else is having the same problem I have. I will be in the middle of a game and my Xbox One just shuts down and loses everything from that game. No it’s you can’t sign in that...