Random Lag In Multiplayer Games

Discus and support Random Lag In Multiplayer Games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Title explains pretty much all. I am using a wired connection and my speed test is this Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test . My ISP... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TGIMike-CBD0EE72-BBDF-4E02-BC8C-3AE0F2A0700D, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Random Lag In Multiplayer Games

Title explains pretty much all. I am using a wired connection and my speed test is this Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test . My ISP is Cox Communications. I have an Xbox 360 Slim with no hardware tweaks. Thank you and any help would be great!
    -Mike

:)

TGIMike-CBD0EE72-BBDF-4E02-BC8C-3AE0F2A0700D, Jan 4, 2014
  2. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    Will Battlefield 4 be better on the Xbox One or the PS4

it will be the same game i think. with ps4 if its not cloud based you will still have the multiplayer/look and feel but with hosting the raw power will make no diffrence.

for me the cloud will be an equalizer no one person will outperform another on a multiplayer title. their wont be an advantage of 3 people on one network with randoms lagging. with the cloud the latency/lag will be the same and takes the power away from the host. that alone makes me happier.. my connection is good but not super strong.. in games like cod,boarderlands2 i really need to pick my hosts or multiplayer wisely having dedicated servers changes the gaming dynamic.

sc_shark, Jan 4, 2014
  3. DangerousBard, Jan 4, 2014
  4. DangerousBard Win User

Xbox live lag

5. BEASTmmb Win User

This lag compensation BS is out of hand

[quote user="ProteinPhartz"]

I'm done with this game until the lag issue is fixed. MW2 and cod 4 play flawless with regards to lag and so did this game for the first week. The multiplayer is ruined ever since the update last week. If they do to this game as they did
    to black ops, I'm done.

[/quote]I call BS. MW2 had almost as much lag as BO. Heck in Blops my lag was random, but in MW2 it was in every game. The amount of times I was killed after I was around a corner in that game was just crazy. Im not saying it was unplayable or anything,
    but it was far from flawless. And my internet had nothing to do with it as my upload, download, and ping are all well above the national average.
  6. VanguardGR Win User

Xbox Live Store and Services not working (In-game also)

@MissesQuinzel Still same here. I am still getting the alert. I can see although that Xbox One removed from alert but not 360 (i am on 360). Cannot redeem through website/console, marketplace does not exist (console), live is active only for multiplayer
    but with many issues (random dc, lag). No in-game store, no access to Cloud Drive.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Lag issues!

Wasn't aware of any new updates.

No lag here,even on multiplayer games.

If your getting lag on Fallout then it may be an issue with your console.
  8. ffight3r Win User

Lag in multiplayer games.

Could you tell more things about your trouble?,

for example:

Where are you from?

What hardware do you use? (router specs)

Have you experienced this issues since a couple of days?, or always?

First of all, you can try connecting your xbox one with an ethernet cable (i know you have already done this), but now, try to setup your xbox in your router as a DMZ and see what happens (You shouldn't have any NAT problem with this config). Sometimes UPnP
    services don't work well in some routers.

164ms is a high latency, depending on lot of things, (server load, distance to USA servers; because ping tests are made lot of times by them, even if you live in Europe, your network installation... etc)

So, you can try with the DMZ trick and if it doesn't work, we can try other things.
Thema:

Random Lag In Multiplayer Games

1. Random Lag In Multiplayer Games - Similar Threads - Random Lag Multiplayer

2. I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.: Since mid January I have been having a problem with my internet connection while gaming or watching videos. It is only happening to my PC and there is absolutely no issues on other devices...
  3. One day I randomly started lagging for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    One day I randomly started lagging for no reason: I play multiple online games like fortnight and overwatch, I don't have bad Internet, and it says my multiplayer connection is good, i don't know what to do, it'll lag and ill be somewhere...
  4. Upgraded to Faster Powerline Adapter, Now Experiencing Random Lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgraded to Faster Powerline Adapter, Now Experiencing Random Lag: I recently upgraded my powerline adapter, significantly boosting my internet speed from 20-40 Mbps to 100 Mbps (my connection is still a 100mbps fiber line). However, I've noticed a new issue - my...
  5. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  6. Xbox Menu Lag, Random Shutdowns, and mainly freezing,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Menu Lag, Random Shutdowns, and mainly freezing,: I’ve had this xbox (Xbox one S) for awhile now and it has never done anything until it started having some menu lag. It wasn’t horrible at that time but now I can’t even quit a game or sign out my...
  7. My PC randomly Lag while Playing Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My PC randomly Lag while Playing Games: I Don't Know Why But My Pc Lag Randomly Sometime it's 2-3 sec or sometime around 1 min And I am Playing Light Games Like Tomb Raider 2013 My PC Spec AMD Ryzen 5 4600H GTX 1650 Graphic 8 GB...
  8. Minecraft Java Random Lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Random Lag: So, I've been playing minecraft java for a while, with rather good performance with no problems, like 300 fps if I'm lucky, but all of the sudden i get like, 1 frame every minute I'd say? I don't...
  9. Xbox one x random lag spikes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x random lag spikes: Hi, ive been having some issues: ill be in a game and a symbol will appear meaning high ping, the game will lag for a few seconds then go, then come back, frequently. Same goes for when im in a...
  10. Random disconnections and lag spikes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random disconnections and lag spikes: Around every half an hour, whatever game I'm playing will get a lag spike. If I'm playing halo I'll just be moving forward and everything will glitch then it resumes to normal after a few seconds,...