Random freezing to horrible lag spikes

Discus and support Random freezing to horrible lag spikes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I live in Guam and this happens on all games randomly throughput the day.ive tried contacting my isp a humiliating amount of times for them to tell... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hawfuh day, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Hawfuh day
    Hawfuh day Guest

I live in Guam and this happens on all games randomly throughput the day.ive tried contacting my isp a humiliating amount of times for them to tell there’s nothing wrong and this is a video of what’s Happening11-26-2017_4-23-15_PM.mp4.
    My patience is gone and btw nat is open on both console and game plus, it happens direct to modem that is a modem only and also happens with my Netgear to modem hardwired ,and this effects everyone on the same isp on Guam at the
    same exact time in a match with everyone not on that isp to be perfectly fine and oblivious to what’s happening to us. Please someone help me solve this on going issue as switching isp is not an option

:)

Hawfuh day, Nov 25, 2017
  2. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Random lag spikes

Greetings SasMastah2000!

Can you please create a new thread and detailing out your situation. Include any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps you have trid so far.

To save yourself some time, please read:
    START HERE!
    And post back in full detail, (from the bits in bold) so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

This allow us to give you the very best support possible.

Thank you!

taidara, Nov 25, 2017
  3. Random lag spikes

Hey there, Nate. Did it happen again after you used a direct connection to your modem? Just want to make 100% I'm understanding the sequence of events correctly.

Mister Darcy-9112DFBA-C8F5-4A28-894C-8B6135A0967B, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Miss Kleo Win User

Random lag spikes

Hey Nate388! Glad to hear you've been going strong for 2 days, let us know if this changes! We'll be here to help. :)
  5. Nate388 Win User

Random lag spikes

Well then, here goes.

I live in USA, GA

Modem brand: Ubee\ Model number D3.0

Router brand: Apple time capsule (store.apple.com/.../time-capsule-2tb)

link to the router^

My connection to xbox live is wired

Things I have tried: reseting my router and modem several times.

When I run a connection test no NAT errors come up, although when I play a game that shows you your NAT type i.e call of duty... again, it is moderate

I have not encountered any error codes

My ISP: Comcast

Xbox connection status report:

W:0000-000B

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-48E0

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:0015-10F0

Q:8007-0435

T:Wired

Again I'd like to thank you for taking the tiime to help me.
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Random Lag Spikes

Hi,

Please read:-
    forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks
  7. Nate388 Win User

Random lag spikes

Mister Darcy: Alright so after I started having problems I reset my modem and router, then I went and follwed Taidara and Mister Barakus's advice and got my NAT type back to open and (at the time) my lag problems had stoped, then a day later my lag had
    started again (my NAT type was still open) so I then follewed Vibroplex's advice and made a direct connect to my modem. Upon following the advice of Vibroplex nothing seemed to be wrong with the connection, then after reconnecting my Ethernet cable to my router
    all problems had stopped, it's been 2 more days and no problems have been had.

Again thank you guys for helping out, I really appreciate all the help.
  8. VibroPlex Win User

Random lag spikes

If this comes up again, then try bypassing the router and run the Ethernet cable direct to the modem.

If the problem persists, then it's past time to have a heart-to-heart talk with your ISP.
Thema:

1. Random freezing to horrible lag spikes - Similar Threads - Random freezing horrible

2. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  3. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  4. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  5. 1 year old pc keeps randomly freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 year old pc keeps randomly freezing: specs OS Name ‏‏Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF, 3400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date...
  6. why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video: my clips will randomly freeze when shooting at enemies ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*** 3f69579f-ec2c-47bd-a218-a2488d115c95
  7. XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play: Two games, Lego Lord of the Rings and Plants vs Zombies, have randomly froze at different points during play (never the same spot twice). I can return to the Xbox One X homescreen and restart the...
  8. Roblox Randomly freezing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox Randomly freezing...: Hi, So I have been using the Microsoft Store version of Roblox for its keys (ZQSD and yes i play with these keys), different from the online version (WASD), for a long time now (like 2 years and...
  9. YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing: App starts fine but randomly freezes causing me to close the app and start it again. Is this happening for anyone else? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link] [comments]
  10. Microsoft Store Roblox randomly freezes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Roblox randomly freezes: Whenever I open the Roblox app from the Microsoft Store, the window freezes, but the times at which this happens varies each time I try to play it. Sometimes it happens seconds after I open the...