Random disconnections and lag spikes

Discus and support Random disconnections and lag spikes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Around every half an hour, whatever game I'm playing will get a lag spike. If I'm playing halo I'll just be moving forward and everything will glitch... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LoneWolfTundra, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Random disconnections and lag spikes

Around every half an hour, whatever game I'm playing will get a lag spike. If I'm playing halo I'll just be moving forward and everything will glitch then it resumes to normal after a few seconds, if its minecraft my friends disconnect from the game and
    with RS6 it disconnects me from the game. At the same time, I'll disconnect from the party and then finally reconnect. I can't find a soloution, help?

:)

LoneWolfTundra, Dec 26, 2017
  2. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Random lag spikes

Greetings SasMastah2000!

Can you please create a new thread and detailing out your situation. Include any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps you have trid so far.

To save yourself some time, please read:
    START HERE!
    And post back in full detail, (from the bits in bold) so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

This allow us to give you the very best support possible.

Thank you!

taidara, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Random lag spikes

Hey there, Nate. Did it happen again after you used a direct connection to your modem? Just want to make 100% I'm understanding the sequence of events correctly.

Mister Darcy-9112DFBA-C8F5-4A28-894C-8B6135A0967B, Dec 26, 2017
  4. Jaosean Win User

Random lag spikes and disconnects.

Do you guys knows if turning my firewall settings on my router will make it not lag? Like Block anon requests? Filter multicast? and filter ident port 31?
  5. Jaosean Win User

I did a ping test here [View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/71883309.png]

and a speed test here [View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/2291315873.png]
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Hey there, Jaosean. If you connected directly to your modem and encountered no lag, that would be a sure indicator that something is up with your router. Can you please fill out the following information for us so that we can have a bit more context behind
    your situation? This will enable us to offer you the best troubleshooting steps possible for your issue. Thanks!

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:
  7. Jaosean Win User

Ah yes forgot to mention that my NAT is open. I have all the ports open. I even tried to enable the DnZ or whatever it is called.

Thanks for the info man but I have tried all the above multiple times lookin for something more specific because none of those are the cause.
  8. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

Hi,

you can do 2 things. 1:Enable UPNP on your Router and disable Port triggering Port Forwarding and DMZ. Then restart Router and Xbox. All should be done automatically.

2: Port Forward your xbox - disable Port trigger UPNP and DMZ

portforward.com/.../Xbox_Live_360.htm

The first is the easiest.

Be sure that you have the latest Firmware for your Router. you can only have 1 thing activated. UPNP OR Port Forward OR DMZ. I Use UPNP.
Thema:

Random disconnections and lag spikes

1. Random disconnections and lag spikes - Similar Threads - Random disconnections lag

2. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  3. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  5. Xbox randomly disconnects from wifi for roughly 10 seconds at a time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox randomly disconnects from wifi for roughly 10 seconds at a time?: Xbox randomly disconnects from WIFI for roughly 10 seconds at a time. I am hard wired to the router I have spoken to my internet providers and there is no issue on their end. My Xbox will run...
  6. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  7. My xbox randomly disconnects and says “service info unavailable”

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox randomly disconnects and says “service info unavailable”: This has been happening for a few weeks I don’t know why this happens ive tried resetting my xbox and wifi but it just doesn’t work. It randomly disconnects and ive been trying to find a solution...
  8. XBOX ACCESORIES DISCONNECTING RANDOMLY

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ACCESORIES DISCONNECTING RANDOMLY: I have had this problem where I would be mid game into a 30 min session when all of a sudden my Xbox elite series 2 and Xbox wireless headset disconnects, both of the lights on the devices...
  9. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  10. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...