Random bot followers

Discus and support Random bot followers in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Recently my account has been followed by about 800 bots it happened randomly and all at once while I was online playing Rainbow six siege idk if i... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Dakota Perry, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Dakota Perry
    Dakota Perry Guest

Random bot followers

Recently my account has been followed by about 800 bots it happened randomly and all at once while I was online playing Rainbow six siege idk if i should be concerned or not. (I only had about 200 followers before)

:)

Dakota Perry, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Kj Conry Win User

Random bot followers

The same thing happened to me but i got followed by 6,000+ bot accounts. And i dont know a way to remove them all
  3. Rostom L Win User

Random bot followers

Hi Dakota!

We cannot really control who's going to follow us or how many people are going to follow our accounts. You shouldn't worry about that as long as you didn't do it yourself. This issue is not new and it's been happening since then. For sure the Enforcement team is aware of this issue already and won't just easily ban or suspend our accounts without any evidence or proof that we did it.

As long as we follow the Xbox Community Standards here https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards then we're safe.
  4. Smwutches Win User

random followers that could be bots on xbox?

It's possible. It could also be people finding you through people they have on friend's lists or something like that.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

The bots I've seen fall into 2 categories: -

1. They follow you and then message you, usually with links to dodgy sites. I haven't had a message from a bot in forever, so maybe MS have found a way of stamping these out (for now).

2. They follow you and that's it. The bot creator is hoping that you will follow them back, so eventually they can build up an account with a ton of followers, presumably to sell it.

There's no way to be 100% certain that an account is a bot, but usually a bot will have close to zero achievements/game activity. They will often also have a high follower count, but be following few people.

It could be real people following you of course. They might have encountered you in game, used the "recently played with" list, or looked at the "recommended friends" list, cos friends of friends appear in that list.

If you're sure that a follower is a bot, you can always block them, which removes them as your follower and also blocks them from following you again, sending you messages etc.
  6. SpringPea Win User

btw since its possible that some of the xbox accounts that followed me on xbox could be bots, how do I actually whether or not is a xbox account is actually a bot account

Moreover, why must they follow me on xbox though, because there are literally thousands of other xbox accounts that they can follow instead, like some of the xbox accounts have like a high gamerscore whereby the random xbox accounts could follow them instead
Thema:

Random bot followers

1. Random bot followers - Similar Threads - Random bot followers

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  4. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  5. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  6. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  7. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  8. Random Unstable Wireless Connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Unstable Wireless Connection.: My wireless wifi connection has become unstable from nowhere despite nothing moving and powercycling, reconnecting, and restarting my router and console have not changed anything. This is on an...
  9. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  10. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...