: R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable

Discus and support : R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : R9000 Netgear router (didn't have the option to pick so picked R7000) slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable Hello... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by sleepshooter, Apr 22, 2021.

1. sleepshooter
    sleepshooter Guest

: R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable

: R9000 Netgear router (didn't have the option to pick so picked R7000) slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable
    Hello there @sleepshooter, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Code:
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
    :)

sleepshooter, Apr 22, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

R9000 Netgear router (didn't have the option to pick so picked R7000) slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable

Hello there @sleepshooter, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Sleepshooter01 Win User

R9000 Netgear router (didn't have the option to pick so picked R7000) slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable

Nat type is in open, every port was forward. This was all done previously before I posted onto the forum. But I did go into my router and factory reset the settings, re port forward it, as well as set the reservation ip address to my xbox (same as before) as well as setting the static ip to my xbox so it wouldn't change ip addresses everything I logged on. The factory reset on the router seems to have worked. But it could have also been because of the new warzone update as to why my dl and ul were so bad. Any ideas on how to fix ping spikes would also be appreciated
  4. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

Upload speed is low on XboxOne only

I think you have a Problem with your Ethernet Cable:

Take a shielded cable !

en.wikipedia.org/.../Twisted_pair

Cat 6a or cat 7. Cat 6a should be fine. Don´t use old poor Ethernet Cables !
  5. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Does the October 2018 Xbone update throttle (decrease) upload bandwidth?

Hello TED,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Are you connecting to the internet through WiFi or an ethernet cable? An ethernet cable will give you the best download speed possible. There are different categories of ethernet cords that allow a certain amount of download
    speed. An example of this is the CAT6 which allows up to 1 gigabit per second(Gbps). If a high speed ethernet cable is being used, we recommend plugging the cord into a different port on the router or gateway. The priority of devices in the router or gateway settings
    may affect the download speed as well. Most dual band routers and gateways will prioritize the first device that is connected to the network. In order to change the priority of devices, the make and model of the router or gateway must be known. An example
    of this is the Netgear(Make) R9000(Model). Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Giving Slow Internet Speeds?

Hello MajdSuleiman,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Has the hardware for your network changed recently? Are you connecting to the 5.0Ghz or 2.4 Ghz wireless network? Some routers will prioritize data distribution based on which device connects to the router first. There is
    a way to prioritize your Xbox in the router settings. In order to take this step, the make and model of the router must be known. An example of this is the Netgear(Make) R9000(Model). Also, the console will receive more download and upload speed if it is connected
    with an ethernet cable. If you would like to keep your console connected through WiFi, we will continue to assist you until we find out what is causing this issue. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. : R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable - Similar Threads - R9000 Netgear router

2. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  3. How Do I Connect With MYWIFIEXT for Netgear Extender Setup Via Mywifiext.net or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With MYWIFIEXT for Netgear Extender Setup Via Mywifiext.net or...: I have New a Xbox console for playing Online games. I wanted to play games online and connect to my friends but I am unable to play Online games as my Netgear Range Extender is not connected with...
  4. How Do I Connect My Netgear Extender With My Xbox Game Console Via www.mywifiext.net?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect My Netgear Extender With My Xbox Game Console Via www.mywifiext.net?: Hello, I recently got a new Xbox game console, but I am unable to play since my Netgear Extender is not connected to it. I have followed the steps below to connect the extender to the Xbox...
  5. How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...: I have recently purchased a Xbox console for playing video games online because here in my city lockdown is going on and I wanted to play video games online and connect with my friends but I am...
  6. : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?: : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup? Hello.. here is the step by step guide:- * Plug in your extender. ... * Connect your computer or mobile device to the extender's WiFi network....
  7. How to Resolve Netgear mywifiext.net configurtaion Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Resolve Netgear mywifiext.net configurtaion Problem: Facing problem related to installation or login of NetgearWi-Fi Extender? Consult www.mywifiext.net which have team of professionals to guide you in all the problems related to Wi-Fi setup. Our...
  8. Mywifiext.net Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mywifiext.net Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup: If you are attempting to link to the mywifiext.net setup or the latest extender configuration tab, you will be landing at the right spot. To complete your Netgear extender setup follow the steps...
  9. : NETGEAR WARNING: Recent firmware releases are corrupt

: NETGEAR WARNING: Recent firmware releases are corrupt: : NETGEAR WARNING: Recent firmware releases are corrupt I bought myself a Netgear Knighthawk X6S (R8000P)-AC4000, which had very strong reviews across multiple sources. And it is a very nice...
  10. : Setting up port forwarding, xbox one, netgear nighthawk router model #R7850

: Setting up port forwarding, xbox one, netgear nighthawk router model #R7850: : Setting up port forwarding, xbox one, netgear nighthawk router model #R7850 Netgear Support follow instructions to get to your settings Open the following ports, making sure to utilize the...