Quick Resume Is Annoying Because It Can't Be Turned Off

Discus and support Quick Resume Is Annoying Because It Can't Be Turned Off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I think quick resume should be able to be disabled for each game because it doesn't work for most of the games that i play. It the biggest annoyance... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Asking4Afriendjk, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Quick Resume Is Annoying Because It Can't Be Turned Off

I think quick resume should be able to be disabled for each game because it doesn't work for most of the games that i play. It the biggest annoyance I've had to endure every single time a play a game on my Xbox series s. It's so bothersome because in order to play my games, i have to exit out completely and then reopen the game in order to play or exit out completely when i am done so i don't have problems next time I want to play. That is inefficient and extra tasks for the console owner to endure when we were promised innovation and efficiency. There are plenty of people that are annoyed by this so why not fix it? Make Quick Resume optional for each game.

submitted by /u/Asking4Afriendjk
    [link] [comments]

/u/Asking4Afriendjk, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Quick resume

As I mentioned, if you want to submit a feedback for the Xbox team to remove the quick resume feature or to have an option to complete turn it off, please use the Feedback Hub app. There is no way to completely turn it off right now.
  3. Krayzie11Six Win User

Blinking x

The council is doing various housekeeping tasks, it is nothing to worry about. For example if you’re playing a game and support as quick resume, it’s dumping the RAM to the hard drive so that that feature can function when you turn it back on
    I closed out all my quick resume still doing that. Does your take 5 mins to shut off?
  4. MerlinJnr Win User

Titanfall white loading screen and mini map white out

Had same issue; some form of memory issue. Since I turned off the 'resume game quickly' option (in xbox settings) I am having no issues at all, (including that annoying sound that you get sometimes when resuming from dashboard).
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Why after two years has nothing been done?

Hi,

While this maybe hardware/OS or even a game issue, you may want to visit the Xbox feedback/idea page over on Reddit. Or contact the developer of the game you're having issues with for further help. Perhaps in the future the team may allow this feature to be turned off system wide.

I would just like to point out that while you can't turn off quick resume at the moment, quitting a game before loading the next one shouldn't create a quick resume save point at the end of that play session. So next time you start that particular game it will load from fresh.
  6. Georges C. Win User

I purchased game and it won't work

Hello again, what game would you try to play in Series X?

Does this only happen with one game or with all the games on the console?

Have you tried any procedures like clearing the cache and deleting games that are in quick resume?

If you haven't tried it yet, remove the games from quick resume and then do a cache cleanup.

Cache Xbox One

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on
Thema:

Quick Resume Is Annoying Because It Can't Be Turned Off

1. Quick Resume Is Annoying Because It Can't Be Turned Off - Similar Threads - Quick Resume Annoying

2. Black screen after loading Quick Resume, needing to press guide button to fix. Also,...

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen after loading Quick Resume, needing to press guide button to fix. Also,...: After the recent January updates, the (atrocious) home screen isn't as fluid as before, even after all the Game Pass and Microsoft Store mandatory content. And also, when loading Quick Resume...
  3. There is a bug involving quick resume and overwatch 2s performance mode; frame rate reduces...

in XboX Insiders
    There is a bug involving quick resume and overwatch 2s performance mode; frame rate reduces...: Let me preface by saying this is a slight assumption, but I’ll outline why I came to it. Since the games release, the frame rate will drop to the mid 70s and below after some matches played (I...
  4. How do I turn off quick resume?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off quick resume?: I play alot if overwatch and I just got the series x but I've been really annoyed because the queue always glitches and I can't find a game. The normal fix to this for me is to restart my game but...
  5. Disable Quick Resume option for each game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Quick Resume option for each game.: I understand how quick resume is useful for some games but it hasn't really become useful for me at all. It actually causes more of an issue than a solution for me. With any game that I play,...
  6. Quick resume is built-in functionality or can dev disable it?

in XboX Insiders
    Quick resume is built-in functionality or can dev disable it?: Tl;Dr - can quick-resume feature be disallowed/disabled by developer on cert/product page? Can dev disable that for the whole game? If not, can we have this kind of option in the future? Despite...
  7. Will xbox ever give us the ability to turn quick resume off.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will xbox ever give us the ability to turn quick resume off.: I'm only asking because I get tired of my games being on quick resume but when they load up it puts me in the main menu or it'll act buggy no sound or it'll make me reset the game. When will we...
  8. Quick Resume Option Suggestion/Idea

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume Option Suggestion/Idea: Unless I’m over looking it, I think there should be a option to turn off quick resume on individual games because games like FIFA, Madden, NBA 2K and Apex Legends that are dependent on connection...
  9. Phil Spencer enters the Discussion about the Quick Resume Feature. (Link in comment)

in XboX Insiders
    Phil Spencer enters the Discussion about the Quick Resume Feature. (Link in comment): https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1575633588636114944?s=20&t=UWLInphijS0Uq8Iwh5Adug submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  10. Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Options to Permanently Remove Game from Quick Resume: Many games do not handle quick resume well, especially online only games. For those games, the Quick Resume feature adds a process of quitting out of the game manually each time prior to opening...