Questions about the wireless usb receivers for Xbox Controllers.

Discus and support Questions about the wireless usb receivers for Xbox Controllers. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was in the marketplace yesterday and bought an old gen 1 Xbox one Controller, that doesn't have a Bluetooth support, to be exact this was the model... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adim2P, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Adim2P
    Adim2P Guest

I was in the marketplace yesterday and bought an old gen 1 Xbox one Controller, that doesn't have a Bluetooth support, to be exact this was the model 1537. So I researched a bit in my spare time, and found out that there were official Microsoft Wireless Adapters for the Xbox controllers, I'm assuming these are for PC's that don't have built in Bluetooth support since not all prebuilt or custom built PCs have Bluetooth dongles or PCIe cards. Anyways, my question would be, would these gen 1 and gen 2 wireless adapters for Xbox controller work for the older gen 1 model of the Xbox One Controller? I found an old Microsoft thread, which is this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ibility/60aa1422-704a-474d-8535-dd0411e30dd4. which was stated by the agent saying that does work, I'm still paranoid since those adapters cost around 40 USD from where I'm from, so I want to confirm that it would work before I actually pour my money into it. Thanks in advance, another thing to note these Xbox One Controllers that I have are the ones with no headphone jacks, they call this the 2013 - 2014 version ones.

:)

Adim2P, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, according to the Xbox website it works with any Xbox One controller.

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/adapters...

I found this FAQ on best buy, they can help you too.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/microsof...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Adim2P Win User

Currently updated the firmware of the Xbox One Controller, using the Xbox Accessories app on the Microsoft Store. I'm close at the PC, but I'm using an ultrawide monitor, so I wanted to play with some distance from the screen, not far more than 5 meters though, just distant enough to accommodate the whole screen. On some marketplace I'm seeing, and physical store, they sell the Gen 1 and Gen 2 adapters, I'm curious which ones you use? And are you using a Model 1537 as well?
  4. SteveP555 Win User

I have the gen 2 adapter and tried to use it with a 1708 controller. I believe the newer gen 2 is backward compatible with all controllers from the original and it looks like Tezzerrific can confirm that.

It may just be my set up for some reason why the wireless pairing kept dropping out (not in hub) which is why I went back to wired.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

I use the smaller gen 2 adapter and works for Xbox one original controllers and series controllers perfectly, just make sure you don't use via a usb hub as that is when it will be patchy. the dongle does not use Bluetooth but Microsoft Wi-Fi that they use in the consoles for controller connectivity.
  6. Adim2P Win User

Thanks for the educative information, I'm not asking if it has Bluetooth support or not, but my question is stating if the Microsoft Wireless USB Adapter would work on the Model 1537s if I were to buy and use it?
Thema:

1. Questions about the wireless usb receivers for Xbox Controllers. - Similar Threads - Questions wireless usb

2. Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about xbox wireless adapter for pc: I have a question about xbox wireless adapter for using xbox gamepads on PC. 1) is it ok that it heats, when it isn't in use? I mean it just plugged in to usb but gamepad is not connected. 2)...
  3. Hello I'd I'll like to ask a question about a Xbox wireless adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello I'd I'll like to ask a question about a Xbox wireless adapter: Hello I'm looking for a Bluetooth Xbox adapter. I'm at this point using two headsets, one for gaming and the other one for watching TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Question: Hello Does anyone know if the paddles on the back of the elite controller are analogue or digital? I'm having issues with my hands and struggling with the triggers especially on F1 2021 which...
  5. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller - Question!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller - Question!: Hello, I've treated myself to an Xbox One S All-Digital-Download Console. I would like to know if the NEW Xbox Series X Wireless Controller will work on my console? Thank you....
  6. A question about the wireless adapter.

in XboX Insiders
    A question about the wireless adapter.: Recently i wanted to play some games with my 360 controller, but the reciver didnt seem to work (apparently the old 360 wireless recivers were...uh... "disabled" - to put it nicely) and I was...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Warranty Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Warranty Question: So I just purchased a brand new Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 from Best Buy on 11/18/2019 (yesterday). I went online to the Microsoft website, registered my device and the warranty...
  8. Question about Xbox Elite 2 and wireless adapters on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Question about Xbox Elite 2 and wireless adapters on PC: Hi, i'm considering the new xbox controler Elite, yeah the expensive one :...
  9. 关于xbox one无线控制器连接Windows 10 电脑的问题 [Translation-Question about connecting xbox one wireless...

in XBoX on Windows
    关于xbox one无线控制器连接Windows 10 电脑的问题 [Translation-Question about connecting xbox one wireless...: 我有 个问题希望能得到解答:1,xbox one 线控制器是否可以与xbox 限适配器相连接,如果连接的步骤全部正确,结果仍然 法连接的话,问题出在哪里?我有 线适配器,装上后电脑也显示驱动程序ready,也按照说明顺序启动了 线控制器,接下来应该是将 线控制器与 线适配器相绑定,所以需要打开蓝牙,选择 “添 其他一切device”,但是 法搜索到 线控制器,究竟是为什么?...
  10. Wireless adaper question

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless adaper question: I'm just wondering if its possible to buy this but without the controller. Just the usb adapter. 99652e9b-3c21-494d-9d89-2cd0e76910e8