Question regarding warranty dates.

Discus and support Question regarding warranty dates. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought my new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on July 27th, 2021. When I went to register it with Microsoft is says that I have warranty until... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MichaelSkelding, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Question regarding warranty dates.

I bought my new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on July 27th, 2021. When I went to register it with Microsoft is says that I have warranty until 05/03/22. First of all I don't know if this means March or May. Secondly, it's supposed to be a one year warrenty, so it should be July.

Whenever I try to make I call I get this message "Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.".

I'm at my wit's end. There seems to be no other way from me to get in touch with Microsoft. Anyway help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MichaelSkelding, Nov 4, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

Yes, the warranty is for one year from the date you purchased the console, when there is an error in the warranty date, it is most likely that you have purchased the console in another country or it was imported by the store. Cara Pais has its own series of xbox series and it is repeated in different countries, they are unique exclusively within the national territory. therefore, if this is your case, you must contact support with the invoice in hand to request the repair, observing the 1-year warranty period from the date of purchase of the product.

to talk to the support there are two ways, request a call and this option is on demand of requested calls and perhaps this is why the error you observe, and the second option is called Online Chat and answers quickly, it is an employee , and can help in the same way.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Erm...the OP isn't talking about a console though...they are talking about an Elite controller and not a repair of it

To the OP: That date is May. American companies always list the month first followed by the day...it frequently catches me out

As to the Support issue, have you tried a different browser? Sometimes it can have issue with certain browsers.
  4. MichaelSkelding Win User

I did try using Edge. Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I'll give it another try. At least May is better than March! Thanks again.
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x

Hi there Yanis, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

The warranty for Xbox consoles is for 1 year from the moment of purchase. Therefore, what likely happened is that the warranty expiration date was automatically corrected because it was initially displayed incorrectly. Typically, this correction doesn't occur automatically, and it's necessary to contact Xbox Support with proof of purchase to manually adjust the warranty expiration date. However, if it corrected automatically this time and now displays the correct warranty period, there is nothing to worry about.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox one controller replacement

Hi,

A controller has 90 days of warranty starting the date of purchase on your ticket/bill ( PS : Elite controller its 1 year ).

Repair center needs the bill or ticket to double check the date, if no bill or ticket, it will be impossible to get a remplacement under warranty.

Regards,
Thema:

1. Question regarding warranty dates. - Similar Threads - Question regarding warranty

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  4. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  5. Question regarding Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question regarding Game pass: Hey so I have game pass on my Xbox series X but i wish to share my game pass subscription to my brother who has an Xbox one, the game sharing part works but my brother cannot play games online for...
  6. Family group question regarding send cash to my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family group question regarding send cash to my son: Hi All, please help me I have a family group and I sent £15 to what I thought was my sons profile. It turned out that he had two profiles in the family group, one is dormant and one is active. I...
  7. Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts: Hello Ive recently brought an xbox 360 and im wondering if can log into xbox live using an account which was originally made on xbox one. Ive tried to this before but it didnt let me, can you...
  8. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network: I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether...
  9. My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?: Im a South African willing to purchase the Elden Ring Deluxe edition game from your Microsoft Xbox store online and was wondering if the added benefits of the purchaseed game is delivered and how?...
  10. Question regarding opening of Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding opening of Series X: Currently living in Singapore and my Series X warranty has expired for a while now and I'm wondering if it is okay to open up my Series X to clean away the dust. If I do so, am I still eligible...