Question Regarding external hard drives and games on Xbox App PC

Discus and support Question Regarding external hard drives and games on Xbox App PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to install a game on external hard drive on my laptop at another location, then go home and plug the external hard drive into my desktop... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Reed Keel, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Reed Keel
    Reed Keel Guest

Is it possible to install a game on external hard drive on my laptop at another location, then go home and plug the external hard drive into my desktop PC and have the desktop recognize the game? I tried this earlier since my internet is so bad at home and when I got home it wouldn't recognize the game had been downloaded. I'm using my game pass account on my laptop and desktop. I tried getting it to recognize it was installed by clicking install again but it seems to wiped it when I did that and reset it as if it was never downloaded.

:)

Reed Keel, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Reed Keel Win User

I understand moving them from one drive to another wouldn't be possible, but you're saying even if it's the same exact drive it isn't? I don't understand why not if it's installed on the drive and connected to my PC and installed through the same account it should be able to recognize it. It's not like I'm moving the files from one drive to another, or trying to play it without the Xbox app. If so that's really not user friendly, blows my mind with how bad the Xbox PC app is compared to something like steam. They really don't care it seems.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Yes, it's not great at all. But remember that publishers who have signed up and brought their games to the service seem to believe this is acceptable.

Now, personally, I can perhaps understand partly as the Xbox Service is, for the most part, a rental service. So the publishers/developers may be concerned about piracy. However, it's worse than that. Even if you buy a game on the Xbox App, they're still encrypted. It's a really odd decision to make, especially when the same game on Steam is not encrypted.

I know, and as a fellow PC gamer, I don't understand it either....
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Sadly no. The games on the Xbox App are encrypted and can not be shared or moved between different PCs.

This does not apply to the EA games downloaded via the EA App or the Ubisoft titles from the Ubisoft Connect App. These games are not encrypted.
  5. luissolid Win User

How to eject an external hard drive in xbox?

Hello!

With the External Hard drive first close any Game/App that is using the external HDD.

Then unplug From the console (try to not move the external Hard Drive before the unplug)

Regards
  6. Lt Dangs Win User

Xbox one stopped working after hard restart

I suppose another question is, can i transfer my games to my pc and then to the Xbox external hard drive some how?
Thema:

1. Question Regarding external hard drives and games on Xbox App PC - Similar Threads - Question Regarding external

2. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  3. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  4. Question About Game Content Usage Rules

in XBoX on Windows
    Question About Game Content Usage Rules: Hey, I'm wondering about certain rules inside the Game Content Usage Rules when they say "You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't...
  5. Question regarding Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question regarding Game pass: Hey so I have game pass on my Xbox series X but i wish to share my game pass subscription to my brother who has an Xbox one, the game sharing part works but my brother cannot play games online for...
  6. Family group question regarding send cash to my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family group question regarding send cash to my son: Hi All, please help me I have a family group and I sent £15 to what I thought was my sons profile. It turned out that he had two profiles in the family group, one is dormant and one is active. I...
  7. Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts: Hello Ive recently brought an xbox 360 and im wondering if can log into xbox live using an account which was originally made on xbox one. Ive tried to this before but it didnt let me, can you...
  8. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network: I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether...
  9. My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My question is regarding a game purchased benefits are delivered hardcopy?: Im a South African willing to purchase the Elden Ring Deluxe edition game from your Microsoft Xbox store online and was wondering if the added benefits of the purchaseed game is delivered and how?...
  10. Question regarding opening of Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding opening of Series X: Currently living in Singapore and my Series X warranty has expired for a while now and I'm wondering if it is okay to open up my Series X to clean away the dust. If I do so, am I still eligible...