Question re: Installing from Scratched Xbox 360 Disc (Wolfenstein: The New Order)

Discus and support Question re: Installing from Scratched Xbox 360 Disc (Wolfenstein: The New Order) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All, I have two questions that I am hoping someone can help me with: 1. A particular Xbox 360 game (Wolfenstein: The New Order) needed to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TRHEAULT, May 21, 2014.

1. TRHEAULT
    TRHEAULT Guest

Question re: Installing from Scratched Xbox 360 Disc (Wolfenstein: The New Order)

Hello All,

I have two questions that I am hoping someone can help me with:

1. A particular Xbox 360 game (Wolfenstein: The New Order) needed to install some content off of its first disc. The install was successful and the game plays fine but after I finished playing I noticed there is a slightly curved scratch on the underside
    (non-label side) of the first disc. I am exchanging the game for a new copy, but do I have any reason to be concerned about the installed data being corrupt in any way because of the scratch, or any damage or effect because of the scratch to: the game, any
    other game, my Xbox 360 itself, or anything?

2. For anyone that has Wolfenstein: The New Order on Xbox 360, after installing the necessary content from the first disc, do you still put in that first disc when starting the game in the future (and then swap out to another disc when prompted), or do
    you put in the disc that you remember leaving off on? (Sorry, I would ask this on an xbox.com forum for this game, but I do not see one.)

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

TRHEAULT, May 21, 2014
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    x24hrs2livex, May 21, 2014
  3. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
  4. Question re: Installing from Scratched Xbox 360 Disc (Wolfenstein: The New Order)

Hi Terry Obi Wan. 1. If the content installed, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about concerning corruptions. 2. Most games let you continue from the disc you left the game on, you can always try this yourself, as it shouldn't have any affect
    on your save.

StuartATrueRed, May 21, 2014
  5. ezdoesit510
    ezdoesit510 Guest
    Hey-

1) once content is installed on your hard drive, it does not need to read the disc. The disc is used to verify that you own the game and then the content is read off your hard drive. You can use another copy of the same game disc to do this. This works
    with any game ( you just need a copy of the game and it does not have to be the same disc you installed to your hard drive)

2) for most games, you only need the current disc to continue on with the game. I am not sure about this game in particular (since I have it on xbox one), but it should be the same. You only need the previous disc if you want to restart the game or play
    an earlier save.

Hope this answer your questions

ezdoesit510, May 22, 2014
  6. TRHEAULT
    TRHEAULT Guest
    Thanks StuartATrueRed and ezdoesit510! You both gave me very helpful answers, and I really appreciate it!

TRHEAULT, Nov 1, 2018
  7. TRHEAULT Win User

Thanks StuartATrueRed and ezdoesit510! You both gave me very helpful answers, and I really appreciate it!
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

Hi Terry Obi Wan. 1. If the content installed, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about concerning corruptions. 2. Most games let you continue from the disc you left the game on, you can always try this yourself, as it shouldn't have any affect
    on your save.
  9. ezdoesit510 Win User

Hey-

1) once content is installed on your hard drive, it does not need to read the disc. The disc is used to verify that you own the game and then the content is read off your hard drive. You can use another copy of the same game disc to do this. This works
    with any game ( you just need a copy of the game and it does not have to be the same disc you installed to your hard drive)

2) for most games, you only need the current disc to continue on with the game. I am not sure about this game in particular (since I have it on xbox one), but it should be the same. You only need the previous disc if you want to restart the game or play
    an earlier save.

Hope this answer your questions
  10. [EX] Win User

Can I install disc games from Xbox Live ?

They're installing 360 discs on a 360 console. That has been possible for a very long time.
    Sure but from disc and not as a download from Xbox live (if you hadn't purchased the digital version). And I think that was the question.

That's why a scratched 360 disc might work on the XB1 but not on the XB360 anymore.
  11. Miss Ermine Win User

Just got my console back from repair...

Hey there Ace! Glad we could get your console repaired, and sorry to hear that getting back up and running has been a bit of a pain. The posters above are correct though, you're going to need to re-do the install. However, if it's the scratched disc that's
    making that hard, you can actually look into ordering a replacement for it: Xbox 360 Game Replacement
Thema:

1. Question re: Installing from Scratched Xbox 360 Disc (Wolfenstein: The New Order) - Similar Threads - Question Installing Scratched

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  4. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  5. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  6. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  7. Xbox Series X booup question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X booup question: Hey guys! My Xbox Series X has stsrted on something wierd, and i dont rly know if it's normal. So i ask here. When i either booting up or restarting my Xbox Series X, so first will the loading...
  8. A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox: I have heard the whole issue of a few Japanese game developers not releasing their games on Xbox, and that makes me disappointed, most notably, Square-Enix neglected to make a port of Final...
  9. question about Xbox insider program

in XboX Insiders
    question about Xbox insider program: Hello Xbox Insiders team, I have a question.. I recently joined the "xbox insider program" and currently I see 4 options, 2 games to test (public beta) and 2 software to test, and one of them is...
  10. Hey Microsoft I got Forza horizon 5 , My question how can I get Forza horizon 5 to install...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey Microsoft I got Forza horizon 5 , My question how can I get Forza horizon 5 to install...: Microsoft I got the game today and I am having problems How can I get Forza horizon 5 to install and start on my Xbox series x? e8617e41-b203-4591-99c4-aa766fffc5d3