Question for the legal team about intellectual contents of a game.

Discus and support Question for the legal team about intellectual contents of a game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question about who has the rights to game content. Microsoft did a Xbox version of Crimson Skies and I was wondering if they bought the rights... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PaulArbisi, Feb 9, 2021.

  1. PaulArbisi
    PaulArbisi Guest

    Question for the legal team about intellectual contents of a game.


    I have a question about who has the rights to game content. Microsoft did a Xbox version of Crimson Skies and I was wondering if they bought the rights to Crimson Skies and if not, who does have them? Thanks for your time.

    :)
     
    PaulArbisi, Feb 9, 2021
    #1
  2. Mister Getafix Win User

    Let's Play von Sea of Thieves

    Heya!

    There should not be an issue with creating a Let's play or stream for Sea of thieves as the game has fully released.

    If you are looking to make profit off of content for the game we suggest reaching out to the
    developer to see about sponsorship or deals for content creation.

    Keep in mind that making profit off of intellectual property can result in legal action if not done properly. Always best to check with the creators first.

    We wish you the best with that!
  3. Lillithvain Win User

    Using user's avatar for an app I'm gonna make

    Although the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use doesn't specifically state that your avatar is considered Microsoft intellectual property it is sort of implied... more than likely, avatars are protected under the TOU agreement. Just because you customized the available
    avatar options does not make the avatar your intellectual property. The original graphics were designed by Microsoft or Microsoft partners. To avoid potential legal issues, I simply wouldn't do it... and, as a rule of thumb... if you have to question it...
    you probably shouldn't do it. LOL

    www.xbox.com/.../livetou
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Can my Account be banned if i install RetroArch on my Xbox Series S?

    Emulators are specifically banned by TOS.

    This is covered under part 7.

    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/community-standards#content

    • Play a pirated game
    • Play a game before its release date
    • Share your profile with another person
    • Try to access accounts you don’t own
    • Use someone’s intellectual property in a way that’s not permitted
    • Share content covered under a non-disclosure agreement that you’ve signed
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

    Government taking another swipe at gaming...

    I can see how they want to protect intellectual property, but this is going too far. If you own the content, you can already make a claim to have it removed, and to take legal action when someone is profiting from your product.
    Is putting a fine and jail sentence on top of that going to help anything?
  6. Faline C Win User

    Used Minecraft's Steve in scientific research; seeking Microsoft license before publish.

    Hi Flakery,

    Thank you for your question!

    Microsoft provides guidelines for intellectual property use through their Trademark & Brand Guidelines here:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellect...

    For specific permissions, you can reach out to Microsoft’s legal team or submit a request through their Permissions and Trademark Use page:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellect...

    Since your use is non-commercial and academic, they may have specific guidelines or exceptions for scholarly purposes. Be sure to clarify your intended use of the image in your research.

    Feel free to let me know if you need further help or have additional questions. I'm happy to assist!

    Note: Just a friendly reminder that this is a public forum, I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Thema:

Question for the legal team about intellectual contents of a game.

Loading...
  1. Question for the legal team about intellectual contents of a game. - Similar Threads - Question legal team

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Legal question - are we (preview users) allowed to capture and post xcloud gameplay on...

    in XboX Insiders
    Legal question - are we (preview users) allowed to capture and post xcloud gameplay on...: The license agreement seems to prohibit it, but many people seem to be okay doing it especially after x019. submitted by /u/SaltyShizzle [link] [comments]
  10. Hello, buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed...

    in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Hello, buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed...: Hello buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed when there are still 3 months left? And to sue is Microsoft or Xbox.com ?. Today I was limited, and I've...