Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD?

Discus and support Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Windows 10 ASUS VivoBook 15 ASUS External Slimline USB DVD-RW How do I get Windows 10 to see, and allow access to the enhanced section of two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KennyNotts, Nov 2, 2022.

  1. KennyNotts
    KennyNotts Guest

    Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD?


    Windows 10

    ASUS VivoBook 15

    ASUS External Slimline USB DVD-RW

    How do I get Windows 10 to see, and allow access to the enhanced section of two different CD Singles from 2006.

    These CD Singles have a Enhanced section (as well as the normal music) that contains user accessable Videos, Pictures and Artist related software that the user can copy to thier computer.

    When I insert either CD in my external DVD-RW windows 10 sees the audio files but not the enhanced section and auto-run does not work.

    So there are no misunderstandings, the Enhanced data sections should show in Windows as a folder like the one below from a 2009 CD Single


    Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD? [​IMG]


    I have many other CD Singles from 2009 onwards and the work fine.

    I have tried using apps like CDClone, ISO Buster, IMG Burn to make a image and try and open the enhanced part from my disk drive but none of these programs see the enhanced/data sections.

    When I drop the Cue file from IMG Burn onto Notepad it shows that a data track does exist...

    CATALOG 0602517130500
    FILE "Image.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    ISRC GBUM70501024
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    ISRC GBUM70604742
    INDEX 00 03:35:68
    INDEX 01 03:37:51
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    ISRC GBUM70605076
    INDEX 00 06:54:23
    INDEX 01 06:56:06
    TRACK 04 DATA
    ISRC GBUM70604743
    INDEX 00 11:03:26
    INDEX 01 11:05:09

    Also in case it helps, the following information is taken from a file one one of the later CDs that do work

    "The PC version also includes an autorun.inf file which makes the U-MYX player automatically launch when the disk is inserted.



    What Will We Deliver?

    We can deliver a single-session hybrid disk which contains two separate data layers – one for Windows computers and another one for MacOS computers. Because the disk has two data layers (ISO and HFS), Windows users will not see the MacOS executable (and likewise, MacOS users will not see the Windows executable).



    What is the Next Step?

    When you have received the disc from us you will need to supply it to your manufacturers, they can then combine the enhanced session that we have created with the audio data from your CD (creating an Enhanced CD). If your manufacturers require any further assistance, please put them in contact with us."

    Thanks.


    :)
     
    KennyNotts, Nov 2, 2022
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD?

    Very likely to incorporate some kind of copy protection that obfuscates the data section.
  3. KennyNotts Win User

    Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD?

    SwordofWhedon thank you for your reply.

    I considered that but in the Read Me.pdf's of the later post 2006 ones I can access correctly it states that incase of playback issues such as audio glitching, it is recomended that you copy the files to a folder on your hard drive and run them from thier. This indicates that a user is supposed to have access, otherwise how else could they copy the files if they were experiencing audio glitches.
  4. KennyNotts Win User

    Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD?

    There must be experts on here who know about CD's , they may not be in widespread use but some still use them?
  5. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

    Xbox Music On Xbox One

    Hello "Goatsnatcher" :)

    I am still hoping that we will have the ability to rip our music CDs into the Xbox One, but I'm not too optimistic about it seeing as how music CDs are now considered "ancient".

    Have a nice day or afternoon or night :)
  6. voteDC Win User

    music on my console

    To rip music from a CD it must be a standard audioCD, the type you can play in any CD player. You can do this by going to the Music Library, select the CD as the source and then the Rip CD option.

    You can't trandfer music from an MP3 player or a MP3 disc.
Thema:

Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD?

Loading...
  1. Question for CD Experts - How to get Win 10 to see Enhanced section on 2006 Music CD? - Similar Threads - Question Experts Win

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  10. Log in to access your Microsoft Xbox expert questions

    in XBoX on Windows
    Log in to access your Microsoft Xbox expert questions: hello. A year ago i had make some question about xbox controller elite 2.I do not remember where i did these questions.I think it at xbox site....?Community?Xbox chat?Are other gamers called...