Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

Discus and support Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If so, I’ll get an Xbox Series X and trade in my Xbox One X at GameStop. 75f2deb4-14ac-4f81-9ea2-d1d25e38d2c5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thomasseymour18901, Feb 7, 2022.

  1. Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)


    If so, I’ll get an Xbox Series X and trade in my Xbox One X at GameStop.

    :)
     
    thomasseymour18901, Feb 7, 2022
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

    You can use the drive, but games that have been optimised for Series X|S can only run via either the internal SSD or a 1TB Expansion card.

    You can archive your X|S games to an external mechanical hard drive which can be quicker than downloading/installing them again, but they can't be run or updated when stored there. Standard Xbox One BC games will from an external hard drive as they did on the Xbox One.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

    What about the 2 TB expansion card?
    What about it? I'm not sure what your question is.

    The up-coming 2TB Expansion will work the same was the current 1TB card works. It will be able to store and play all of your Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and BC 360 and original games.
  4. thomasseymour18901 Win User

    Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

    What about the 2 TB expansion card?
  5. Farscape247 Win User

    Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

    to my knowledge it will support up to 16TB but obviously after format and reserves it will be smaller
  6. ngocphi Win User

    Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

    Yes and no

    It does work but only for bc titles including xbox one or non optimized games (listed as optimized under your games

    This is the same with ps5

    :however ps5 has paused their fps booster and smart delivery program

    Future updates on sony first party titles will have a 10 dollar charge to upgrade to ps5 version
Thema:

Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022)

Loading...
  1. Question: Does the Xbox Series X work with external hard drives over 8 TB? (February 7, 2022) - Similar Threads - Question Does Series

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

    in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  8. Why does xbox not communicate on this topic with the people in question?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does xbox not communicate on this topic with the people in question?: My xbox account, ASHF3CTION was banned recently, permanently, with “no details available at the time” as the hook. I suspect i know why, but i have an argument that would appeal to the enforcement...
  9. Cloud gaming the question is why does it take so long to load up

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming the question is why does it take so long to load up: Cloud gaming why does it take so long to load up when Xbox announce so quickly Are you able to play games anywhere through cloud gaming on any particular kind of platform as long as it is...
  10. Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not...: Hi, I have a question about my Xbox series s connected to a dell monitor and it does not have a hdmi port. So I bought this dvi to hdmi cable since my monitor does not have a hdmi port and it...