Question: Can I use a generic two prong power cord on my Xbox Series X?

Discus and support Question: Can I use a generic two prong power cord on my Xbox Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got my Xbox Series X today. Yay!!! Opened the box and found TWO High-Speed HDMI Cables but ZERO power cable. I personally don't want to deal with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sir Shutterbug, Nov 21, 2020.

  1. Question: Can I use a generic two prong power cord on my Xbox Series X?


    Got my Xbox Series X today. Yay!!!

    Opened the box and found TWO High-Speed HDMI Cables but ZERO power cable.

    I personally don't want to deal with returning it and then waiting for a replacement specially with stock shortages. As the title says, do you guys see any problem with just using a generic two prong power cable?

    :)
     
    Sir Shutterbug, Nov 21, 2020
    #1
  2. MyJewlzHurt Win User

    What country is my Xbox from?

    The Xbox 360's have had 5 power supply changes. The original 360 had a 203, 175, and a 150 Watt power supply. The 360 Slim uses a 135 Watt PS and the 360E uses a 120 Watt.

    If your is the Americas Region (Which is Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States) then you would have 120V@60Hz.

    In the Americas region, you may have a two-prong power supply that has a two-hole power cord or a three-prong power supply that has a three-prong power cord. The part of the power cord that connects to your electrical outlet is the same for Canada, Colombia,
    Mexico, and the United States. But that part is different for Chile.

    Supported game regions

    (Note GR means Game Region)

    GR1 : NTSC

    North America and South America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile and Brazil)

    GR2 : NTSC-J

    Asia (Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan)

    GR3 : PAL

    Europe, South Africa, India, Australia and New Zealand
  3. [ A J ] Win User

    Does the Xbox Series X/S work worldwide region free without any specific extra requirements?

    Hi, Kiara.

    If you have an Xbox One S or an Xbox One X, you can use its power cord with your new console. The power cord from the original Xbox One would not work with a Series S/X console.
  4. SIP W I C K E D Win User

    Is it safe to use an Xbox 360 Original AC Cord in a Xbox 360 S Power Brick?

    as far as I know it should work fine as long as the ac cord fits the xbox. I recently had a power surge in my home that fried my power brick (luckily not my xbox) and I was going to use the cord from my fat xbox and found the connections were different on
    the back of the xbox ( xbox S has a double barrel connection, fat xbox has a box three prong). also you can buy a replacment power supply online for about $20.
  5. iTsFx Win User

    Xbox Series X Power Question

    Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

    Yes, purchasing a USA power cord for the Xbox Series X should work when you go back to the USA. The Xbox Series X has a universal power supply that supports both 110V and 220V, so all you need is a power cord that is compatible with the power outlets in the USA. You can purchase a compatible power cord from any electronics store or online retailer. Just make sure to check the compatibility with your Xbox Series X model to ensure that you are getting the correct cord.
  6. JayLDN Win User

    Xbox cloud gaming on Series S powered by Series X

    Thanks for all the answers.

    As two of you mentioned, cloud gaming is powered by Series X now, like I mentioned too.

    I still have the same question. Isn't there also quality difference in graphics between Series S and Series X? Like textures are more detailed and shadows are rendered better in Series X? Now if Series X is used on cloud gaming, isn't those improvements then on Series S too via streaming from cloud? Or are the Series S and Series X exactly the same graphics wise in general but Series S just has lower resolution?

    I understand that cloud gaming isn't 4K and there might be latency issues etc but that wasn't my question.

    Thanks.
Thema:

Question: Can I use a generic two prong power cord on my Xbox Series X?

Loading...
  1. Question: Can I use a generic two prong power cord on my Xbox Series X? - Similar Threads - Question generic prong

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  10. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....