[Question] Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360 after retirement date?

Discus and support [Question] Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360 after retirement date? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello Xbox & Microsoft Community with Internet Explorer retiring June 15 2022, Does this affect the Internet Explorer on Xbox 360? Can I still Browse... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DDT SDT, Jun 30, 2022.

1. DDT SDT
    DDT SDT Guest

[Question] Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360 after retirement date?

Hello Xbox & Microsoft Community with Internet Explorer retiring June 15 2022, Does this affect the Internet Explorer on Xbox 360? Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360?

:)

DDT SDT, Jun 30, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes and no

Yes it will still work as a browser but only for depreciated sites

Anything that needs current standards or certificates then no

Depreciated sites only

Basically if your websites says update your browser then only updated browsers can run it

You will be hardpressed to find depreciated sites maybe archived websites

Streaming sites that don't use flash instead html5 won't work since ie wouldn't have the necessary certificates
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today DDT

Sadly nope, probably most of the sites are not going to load (or if a site loads you're going to see it strange or not working properly) due to website developers always try using the most recent tools available to improve performance and reliability like HTML5 etc.

The short answer is nope, sorry
  4. ngocphi Win User

And it would.be treated as a security risk by most websites even though it's sandboxed it doesn't have up-to-date certificates or standards
  5. Georges C. Win User

Xbox 360 Internet Browser

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mikvz, in addition to the 360 console being discontinued, Internet Explorer has also been discontinued worldwide by Microsoft on all devices so it will not work on the Xbox 360, and it is unlikely that any developers will still develop any browsers for the Xbox 360.

Internet Explorer 11 has retired...

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/202...
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi my internet explorer on xbox 360 does not want to load anny websites

Hi, TecnoBot. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

It's likely that the error is due to Xbox 360 no longer being maintained. You can try to delete/re-download the IE. Kindly sign in to Xbox Live with your gamertag.

Delete Internet Explorer:

Restart your Xbox console.

Go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Select All Devices.

Select Games and Apps.

Highlight Internet Explorer and Press Y.

Select Delete and choose Yes to delete all items for Internet Explorer.

Reinstall Internet Explorer:

From Xbox Home, go to Apps, and then select Browse Apps.

Browse or search for Internet Explorer.

Select Internet Explorer to download the app. When the download is complete, Internet Explorer automatically.

If it persists, kindly try the rest of the steps here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/ap....
Thema:

1. [Question] Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360 after retirement date? - Similar Threads - Question still Browse

2. Here's my question how can support still be this bad after all these years.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Here's my question how can support still be this bad after all these years.: Also what's up with games coming out broken and why are you buying broken games for gamepass? Hmm? what else? how can a game on gamepass have 55% 1 star reviews without you guys taking some...
  3. Question: Will there still be new apps for the Xbox Series X|S after Windows 11's launch?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Will there still be new apps for the Xbox Series X|S after Windows 11's launch?...: I'm thinking of getting an Xbox Series X for my 30th birthday on December 31st, 2024. I hope all the apps I have and will get will work on it. 0f8877fb-bbcc-43ea-907e-708e1659f0bb
  4. Classic GT System Question. Still Available?

in XboX Insiders
    Classic GT System Question. Still Available?: My friend went to change their GT today and I noticed they had the option to use the classic 15 character system. I decided to check on my profile but the option isn’t there for me. Is this bc I’m...
  5. Question: Do you think my Xbox One X will still play all my apps, games, and content on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question: Do you think my Xbox One X will still play all my apps, games, and content on...: Just like the United States Department of Homeland Security has their reasons for having Friday, October 1st, 2021 as the official date for when they start fully enforcing the REAL ID Act of 2005,...
  6. Question: Why is the Preview Alpha Ring Still Showing Release Notes for the 1908 Builds?

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Why is the Preview Alpha Ring Still Showing Release Notes for the 1908 Builds?: Since the Preview Alpha and Preview Skip-Ahead Rings began receiving parallel updates (including today’s) once again the console in the Alpha Ring is showing release notes within the Insider App...
  7. Still looking for assistance in signing in to my account but my question was locked despite...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Still looking for assistance in signing in to my account but my question was locked despite...: I have waited the 309 minute wait time for a call back which never came and sat in the chat assistance box for well over an hour without ever getting assistance and even here instead of help I get...
  8. Still have a question about my rewards total

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Still have a question about my rewards total: This is a follow up to my last question that got closed without letting me respond: https://forums.xbox.com/en-us/thread/91d50ca3-d3ba-4f90-a405-f5d40e322ea4 I guess I don't see the benefit of...
  9. Still waiting on dark souls code question mark...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still waiting on dark souls code question mark...: Hello kind people of xbox, I have had the pleasure of pre-ordering dark souls 3 on Xbox one. I've purchased the game on the 20th of February and just kinda wondering where that dark souls (...
  10. How’s can I get my security question reset and my account is a child so can I still reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    How’s can I get my security question reset and my account is a child so can I still reset: can I reset my security question because I need it to take off parental controls and can I do it with a child account or do I need to to have my parents sogn in Into there account to reset the...