Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility

Discus and support Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am planning on getting an Xbox One soon but I am unsure about Xbox One's Offline gameplay compatibility. I remember hearing when the Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Minebuddy777, Jan 13, 2018.

  1. Minebuddy777
    Minebuddy777 Guest

    Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility


    Hi,

    I am planning on getting an Xbox One soon but I am unsure about Xbox One's Offline gameplay compatibility. I remember hearing when the Xbox One first came out that it was online only, but then a short while later I believe it got an update allowing it to
    play offline for a short period of time before it needs to sign back in to Xbox Live. So, my question is can the Xbox One be played offline without needing to sign in to Xbox Live? or would it eventually need to be signed in to Xbox Live?

    Thanks in advanced,



    :)
     
    Minebuddy777, Jan 13, 2018
    #1
  2. How does Xbox Live on 360/Xbox One interconnect?

    How much compatibility is there between Xbox live on 360 and Xbox One Xbox Live?

    If I'm on 360, can I see what my friends doing on Xbox One, or would he/she appear offline until they sign back into 360 Xbox Live?

    What about messaging? Voice chat?

    How compatible are the two sets of Xbox Live besides my above mentioned questions? I can't find much info on this.
     
    D U K E HOOPZ, Jan 13, 2018
    #2
  3. LazyOldSack
    LazyOldSack Guest
    backwards compatibility and Xbox Live

    Question about backwards compatibility I get my xbox one Xbox Live through another account because its home Xbox is my xbox, thus I get xbox live. Will I still have the xbox live on the 360 emulator when I use backwards compatibility?
     
    LazyOldSack, Jan 13, 2018
    #3
  4. Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility

    Hi,

    The Xbox One can be played offline. You will however need to perform the initial setup online to download the update. Once you have the system set up, you can, if you wish, disconnect the console from the Internet. It will play all disc based games without
    a network connection.

    If you want to buy digital download games from the Xbox Store, you should insure that your

    Home console
    is set up. This must be done when the machine is online and connected to Xbox Live. Once this has been set-up, digital downloaded content, be that full games or DLC, will also function when the console is offline.

    The console will continue to work indefinitely offline, and will not require you to reconnect if you don't wish to.
     
    Obsessive Power, Jan 13, 2018
    #4
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Just to add,you will only be able to earn a certain amount of achievements offline & they wont actually unlock until you connect to live.

    Achievements are linked to the cloud now to prevent modding so are limited to how many you can unlock while not connected to live.

    Also there are a few games that require you to be connected to live in order to play them so check any games you get to make sure they do not require you to connect to live.
     
    Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
    #5
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility

    Hi,

    The Xbox One can be played offline. You will however need to perform the initial setup online to download the update. Once you have the system set up, you can, if you wish, disconnect the console from the Internet. It will play all disc based games without
    a network connection.

    If you want to buy digital download games from the Xbox Store, you should insure that your

    Home console
    is set up. This must be done when the machine is online and connected to Xbox Live. Once this has been set-up, digital downloaded content, be that full games or DLC, will also function when the console is offline.

    The console will continue to work indefinitely offline, and will not require you to reconnect if you don't wish to.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

    Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility

    Just to add,you will only be able to earn a certain amount of achievements offline & they wont actually unlock until you connect to live.

    Achievements are linked to the cloud now to prevent modding so are limited to how many you can unlock while not connected to live.

    Also there are a few games that require you to be connected to live in order to play them so check any games you get to make sure they do not require you to connect to live.
  8. supermm Win User

    Backwards compatibility

  9. {Parity} Win User

    game compatibility

  10. DominumStige Win User

    Question about Backward Compatibility on Xbox One One

    Hi!

    All Xbox accessories and original games on Xbox are compatible with
    Xbox One X. Even games in the backward compatibility program work.
Thema:

Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility

Loading...
  1. Question about Xbox One Offline Compatibility - Similar Threads - Question Offline Compatibility

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  10. Question regarding Xbox Offline play

    in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding Xbox Offline play: I currently havn.t owned any Xbox till now and is considering buying one but I one question That if I subscribe to Xbox game pass for One month and Install the Single player games which I want to...