Question about Xbox Code of Conduct and how it applies to private Party chats.

Discus and support Question about Xbox Code of Conduct and how it applies to private Party chats. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I just reviewed the Code of Conduct (CoC) to make sure I am not actively violating any of the rules. I try to be a nice player and usually behave well;... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Pants13, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Pants13
    Pants13 Guest

I just reviewed the Code of Conduct (CoC) to make sure I am not actively violating any of the rules. I try to be a nice player and usually behave well; I've been on XBL since 2004 and have ever only received 2 minor 24 hour comms bans (that I 100% deserved) years ago. Both for sending mean messages, which I have since stopped and never received another suspension. I am not currently suspended and, as far as I know, I haven't done anything that violates the CoC.

What I am curious about, though, is how the CoC relates to private party chats with friends.

So throughout the CoC it talks about online behavior, being nice to other players, keeping your content clean, etc etc. I usually do this, partly because I try not to be toxic and also because I hardly ever talk in game chats.

But I do play with a couple of friends whom I have known for years, and in our private conversations, we talk about a lot of things. We swear a lot, we talk politics and controversial opinions, and we have a dark sense of humor. None of these things are, obviously, appropriate for game chats or chats with people who I don't know well. I usually keep my speech in game chats and with people I don't know well PG. But does my conversations in private party chats violate the CoC? I assume not because I've never had any punishment for my speech in private chats and I've been doing this for 15 years. Also, in the CoC, it specifically states:

" To make the Xbox community a place where everyone can hang out, and to prevent people from feeling uncomfortable or unwelcome, we all need to be stewards. This means more than just not harassing other players—it means embracing them. ******It means saving those unsavory jokes for people you know will enjoy them. It means taking particular care for others while you play, keeping in mind how they might interpret your content.********"

The CoC seems to be pretty reasonable, like it lists ways of acceptable trash talk. This last part that I highlighted seems to suggest that when talking to people whom "you know will enjoy" your conversations is acceptable, whereas the same conversation may not be acceptable around other people. I understand this and have been doing this for years. I know my friends who I have known for a very long time and know none of us are offended or annoyed by our conversations. I'm assuming, then, in private party chats, we have nothing to worry about when talking about things with each other then, correct?

:)

Pants13, Oct 9, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

It applies to everything on the xbox network

Thats with any network

Private chats are just between you and the other party however if reported its gets flagged for review
  3. Pants13 Win User

But if my friends never report me, which would mean no damage has been done, then there's nothing to worry about then, correct? Because I'm certain they wont report me just as I wont report them. I thought given how the CoC is worded it's kind of a "no harm, no foul" approach. So when talking to my adult friends, all of which who swear, swearing in a private party is fine so long as, well, you know, nobody reports us (which would mean the CoC has been broken anyway since someone was bothered by it).
  4. Pants13 Win User

For anyone else wondering about this, I contacted Xbox support and decided to just ask them and was essentially told it's fine as long as nobody reports you, which makes sense because if reported that would mean you weren't following the Code of Conduct and were saying things around people who you shouldn't be saying them around.
  5. N DRY Win User

XBOX/Microsoft SHOULD BE ASHAMED

I undertand the code of conduct and your procedure. So my question is if my case review stated I specifically used sexual slurs, but I did not send them via text, then how else can this be? I don't use voice chat, other than private parties with my friends.
    So does Xbox listen in to our party chats? Because other than that I'm still pondering on how I got suspended
  6. WYLDE STYLEZ Win User

How would a voice communication report work?.

I don't think the code of conduct applies to party chat. Just kick them from the party if the profanity was extreme the you can alway mute or block the person.
Thema:

1. Question about Xbox Code of Conduct and how it applies to private Party chats. - Similar Threads - Question Code Conduct

2. Question concerning the code of conduct.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question concerning the code of conduct.: I got suspended for 4 days (2 per message) for profanity. I couldn't find anything outlawing the use of these words entirely, just that they were not used to harass a player and I certainly...
  3. Gift code question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift code question: My son received two electronic gift cards specifically to 2023 FIFA game. How can one be exchanged for a different game? 3d04b187-7662-4856-be70-e4c3a4c6a5e2
  4. Just got gamepass thro code and i have an question , is there an way to skip the option to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just got gamepass thro code and i have an question , is there an way to skip the option to...: Right here it says in polish that i need an crdit card or paypal to continue [img] 9d68d763-e51a-4ead-8c9b-f46c8ddc8b39
  5. [KO / EN] Xbox 로그인 오류 코드 0x8015dc0d에 관한 질문 / Question about Xbox Login Error Code: 0x8015dc0d

in XBoX on Windows
    [KO / EN] Xbox 로그인 오류 코드 0x8015dc0d에 관한 질문 / Question about Xbox Login Error Code: 0x8015dc0d: 오류코드 0x8015dc0d가 한국에서만 발생하는 코드라 알 있습니다. 변경된 책(2012년경, 2018년경 갱 )으로 PASS 인증 없이는 로그인이 불가능하 , 국내에서는 국가 우회(실 MS측에서 시했다는 해결법)로도 로그인이 안 되더라 요. (웹에서는 PASS 인증 실패 시 오류코드 표시 없이 루프백) 사실 11월까지 기다리면 되긴 하는데,...
  6. Question Pertaining to Minecraft Realms and Code of Conduct

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Pertaining to Minecraft Realms and Code of Conduct: I have a question pertaining to an aspect of Minecraft Realms and LIVE Code of Conduct. On a friend's Minecraft realm yesterday, an Enderman was somehow aggro-ed, targeting me to attack me. I...
  7. XBox Error Codes Question. Error Code E100.

in XboX Insiders
    XBox Error Codes Question. Error Code E100.: I just had an issue where my Series X had a problem updating, and got a E100 error. My console works fine now, after finally finishing the update. One section of Microsoft's site says E100 is an...
  8. Question when redeeming a code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question when redeeming a code: I was wondering if when I have a "Xbox Live Gold" subscription for 1 year and redeem a 7-day "Xbox Gamepass Ultimate" subscription, my "xbox live gold" subscription is reduced?...
  9. Xbox policy/Code of Conduct Question - Does MS/Xbox allow people to BUY followers through...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox policy/Code of Conduct Question - Does MS/Xbox allow people to BUY followers through...: Hi everyone, I'm in need of some Policy help so I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me. So I've been trying to research this to find out if this is allowed or not, and have had no luck...
  10. Question regarding Code of Conduct and Grifball

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question regarding Code of Conduct and Grifball: Good afternoon. I have a question regarding Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct, Terms of Use, and Halo: Reach Grifball. Now in Grifball, the intended way of playing the game by the developer is to score...