Question about the Windows 10/11 Xbox App and console streaming

Discus and support Question about the Windows 10/11 Xbox App and console streaming in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, After some googling i couldn't find my answer to this... When i'm playing a game through the Xbox App on Windows using the "console streaming... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/YupDatsRyte, Jan 2, 2022.

  1. Question about the Windows 10/11 Xbox App and console streaming


    Hello,

    After some googling i couldn't find my answer to this...

    When i'm playing a game through the Xbox App on Windows using the "console streaming (not cloud)" thing after about 10 minutes it goes idle and disconnects me from the app... it tells me to go to the app settings to edit idle options. Long story short... there are no "idle settings" on this app... where are they located? (no, not the xbox itself... im aware of those settings)



    THANKS!

    submitted by /u/YupDatsRyte
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/YupDatsRyte, Jan 2, 2022
    #1
  2. nrjohnston Win User

    New Xbox App - Streaming from console

    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-streaming/console-streaming Try that.
    Thank you for replying - but that link is for mobile devices specifically, not Windows 10 devices, which is what the OP was asking about.

    Currently, the Xbox Console Companion streaming still works on Windows 10. The reason OP was asking about the Xbox app on Windows 10 is because the Xbox Console Companion app is prompting users to install the Xbox app, which does not have streaming support.
    I know that there is supposed to be a new Console Streaming app on Windows 10 later this year, but it is not available yet. I was just clarifying that for the OP and anyone else asking the same question about the new app, since I came here with the same question.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    streaming is not working in the xbox console companion app

    Console companion app is no longer supported like the rest of Windows 8

    You can stream from the Xbox app built into Windows 10 and 11
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

    Hello amramlinebarger, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

    The Xbox Console Companion app is mainly for Windows 10 and allows you to stream your Xbox One to One X consoles on Windows 10. This app does not work with the Series X/S consoles though and the Xbox app is recommended for streaming to your PC if you're running Windows 11.

    If you are running Windows 11 the only way we'd ask you to try installing the app is if you were having trouble with your Xbox games just to see if that would help.
  5. lorde philip Win User

    New Xbox App - Streaming from console

    I second the statement as well the aforementioned links are not addressing the question at hand. Which is how does one stream from their local CONSOLE to their Windows 10 PC in the "New Xbox App for Windows 10" which is replacing the "Xbox Console Companion"
    app?
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

    play my xbox console and use my hp laptop windows 11 as my screen

    he is using windows 11, streaming from console can be done in the xbox app now, no need for the companion app.
Thema:

Question about the Windows 10/11 Xbox App and console streaming

Loading...
  1. Question about the Windows 10/11 Xbox App and console streaming - Similar Threads - Question Windows App

  2. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  3. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  4. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  5. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  6. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  7. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  8. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....
  9. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...
  10. Question before upgrade into window 11?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question before upgrade into window 11?: Is it worth for a gamer to update from window 10 into window 11? I'm generally play steam game, blizzard game. Is 11 better than 10 in gaming overall? 8de508e1-1b88-440a-b3fb-b36351b0a736