Question about the warranty for Xbox Elite 2 controller, which has paddle problems

Discus and support Question about the warranty for Xbox Elite 2 controller, which has paddle problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all gamers, Suddenly I found my Xbox elite 2 gets the common problem that P1 and P3 cannot be clicked by long paddles. I have tried to ask for a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ferdinand Wu, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Ferdinand Wu
    Ferdinand Wu Guest

Question about the warranty for Xbox Elite 2 controller, which has paddle problems

Hi all gamers,

Suddenly I found my Xbox elite 2 gets the common problem that P1 and P3 cannot be clicked by long paddles. I have tried to ask for a warranty and it gave me two different information:

1. When I used the link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

I got the information that my controller is:

Activation date: 2020/12/12

Last connected: 2021/1/18

2. After one day, I have got the reply and it said:

At this time, we are not able to process your
    controller exchange request.

Based on your controller activation date, your controller is out of warranty.

So...could any tell me the warranty of the elite 2 controller, as I know which has been extended to 1 year....

Best regards,

Ferdinand

:)

Ferdinand Wu, Jan 19, 2021
  2. lackoftraction Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller NOT working with new firmware update

To be very, very clear, the problem is that the newest firmware updates to Xbox elite 2 controller has broken the functionality of the paddles. As of the latest firmware, the paddles are completely disabled when in default profile. The paddles used to work in default mode, and now they don't. Steam can corroborate this: last year Steam added functionality to customize the outputs of the elite controllers paddles, which means that the paddles used to output a unique signal instead on only emulating other controller buttons.

A quick internet search reveals numerous accounts from users who had used steam to customize the paddle outputs, proving that the paddles used to work. You can also see a growing number of recent complaints from Elite controller users who are realizing that their paddle inputs are now broken. This is not an isolated occurrence, the elite controller was broken by the latest firmware updates, and people are realizing it.

The changes made to the Xbox elite 2 Controller paddles in the latest firmware updates NEED TO BE REVERTED.
  3. Bjorn van Rijszen Win User

series 2 electrical shocks (not static electricity)

I can confirm that the Xbox Elite 2 controller has issues with conducting electricity through the paddles.

I am getting shocked as well.

The Xbox Elite 2 controller needs to be recalled immediately.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Elite series 2 paddles have stopped working..check updates and that paddles are installed correctly...

Hello NICK CLEVELAND,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to use the Xbox Elite Series 2 paddles and it has stopped working. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Have you tried checking if the paddles were locked? Try pressing the Pair button ((( twice. The controller will vibrate to confirm the unlock/lock. Although this is not yet available to Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2, this is worth a shot. Learn more here: Lock the paddles on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If it did not work, this could mean that you may need to swap/adjust the paddles. Please use this guide: Swap removable parts on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

Otherwise, you may need to check the device's warranty, to send the controller for a repair if under warranty. Please see guide: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. ZeroMoustafah Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller, Larger paddles

This was my only complaint about this controller. Fortunately the paddles from my spare Elite 1 fit and work perfectly. I was hesitant at first as I discovered the joysticks weren't compatible from the elite 1 to the elite 2 but the paddles do work. I've
    been playing with the bigger paddles on my elite 2 since Thursday afternoon and I haven't noticed or had any issues.
  6. XI Zathazar IX Win User

Xbox Elite Controller back-paddles

To answer your questions:

-Yes. The controller is up to date.

-Playing CoD: Black Ops 3 mostly, my friend also has a Elite Controller, and he does not have a problem.

-Switching back & forth between slot 1&2 doesn't work, but using the sync button to turn off and on the paddles fixes it.
Thema:

1. Question about the warranty for Xbox Elite 2 controller, which has paddle problems - Similar Threads - Question warranty Elite

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  4. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  5. Please assist question underneath

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please assist question underneath: I have an ASUS 2022 26 inch gaming monitor that allows me to turn variable refresh rate to gaming & Home Screen.. that being said and this might be a silly question but the box above it the “allow...
  6. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  7. Xbox Series X booup question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X booup question: Hey guys! My Xbox Series X has stsrted on something wierd, and i dont rly know if it's normal. So i ask here. When i either booting up or restarting my Xbox Series X, so first will the loading...
  8. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  9. Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question: Hello! I am currently in the market of buying an Xbox Elite 2 controller through Design Lab. I've been reading a lot of comments, forums, and even heard through some reviews on YouTube that speak...
  10. Warranty question

in XBoX on Windows
    Warranty question: Hi! I bought a Series S with Game Pass Ultimate included in a bundle from my ISP in the middle of May. When I log on to the Xbox site and check the devices page, it says "Limited warranty 2...