Question about the toggle hold option

Discus and support Question about the toggle hold option in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why was the toggle hold option only removed for the elite series 2 controller paddles, I mean the option is still there for the buttons but got removed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vengeful one, Feb 22, 2025.

  1. Vengeful one
    Vengeful one Guest

    Question about the toggle hold option


    Why was the toggle hold option only removed for the elite series 2 controller paddles, I mean the option is still there for the buttons but got removed for the paddles. I want to know why cause it helped me on games to aim and anything else I need it to. I just have one good hand so I need it

    :)
     
    Vengeful one, Feb 22, 2025
    #1
  2. Alvaro A- Win User

    Question about the toggle hold option

    Hi Vengeful,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Xbox Community. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues setting up the toggle hold of your Elite 2 controller when it comes to paddles. To make sure that what you are experiencing is not related to a software bug, please ensure that your controller and Xbox accessories app are both up to date.

    On an Xbox console, press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Controllers & headsets. Select “…” under the controller that you're troubleshooting to check the firmware status.

    On a Windows PC, you can do this by installing the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store, and then connecting the controller while the app is open.

    To assign a toggle hold:

    Open the Xbox Accessories app.

    Choose your Xbox Adaptive Controller from the list of accessories, and then select Configure.

    Choose a profile to edit or create a new profile.

    Select Edit, and then from the Mapping tab select the icon or letter for the button or input you’d like to configure.

    Select Enable toggle hold for Primary or Enable toggle hold for Shift.

    Back out with the B button to save your changes. (An arrow icon will appear over the configured button to indicate that it has been assigned the Shift function.)

    Regards,

    Alvaro
  3. Teejo75 Win User

    Flight Simulator 2020 "How to setup reverse thrust on throttle quadrant?"

    Options->Controls->Power Management

    Either "Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust" or "Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust"
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

    Morrowind on Xbox

    Hi EeksAmouse,

    Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

    When you say you remapped it are you referring to changing the sneak option to toggle and not hold? I've never played this game, but I know a lot of games have an option to choose between toggle or hold for the crouch (sneak) option.

    If you think this is from a possible glitch, I recommend restarting the Xbox by holding the Xbox button and select restart now. If it still is not toggling that action even if you have set the option in the in-game settings, then I suggest re-installing
    the game.

    If you need further help I recommend posting on these other community sites specific for this game:


    I hope this helps!
  5. Jayhab4real Win User

    How to turn off narration

    Is this related to tge "narrator" function on the xbox one?

    If you press and hold the xbox button (as if to shut down) and select the narrator option, are you able to toggle it do that it is off?
  6. PICK 34 Win User

    Leaked Halo 5 MP footage?

    I love Halo, but it's about time ADS was added into the equation, even if it's just an option to toggle back and forth.
Thema:

Question about the toggle hold option

Loading...
  1. Question about the toggle hold option - Similar Threads - Question toggle hold

  2. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  3. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  4. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  5. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  6. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  7. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  8. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....
  9. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...
  10. Questions on disc to digital conversions

    in XboX Insiders
    Questions on disc to digital conversions: If i have a preexisting digital license and subsequently claim a "new" license through disc to digital, what happens if a disc license expires or gets transferred to a different user? Will the...