Question about storage and auto update

Discus and support Question about storage and auto update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wanted to ask two questions the first is about storage space, until recently it said the space was 18.8 percent, today it says 18.9, how can it take... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hjorn, Jan 15, 2023.

  1. Hjorn
    Hjorn Guest

    Question about storage and auto update


    I wanted to ask two questions the first is about storage space, until recently it said the space was 18.8 percent, today it says 18.9, how can it take up space by itself? i only installed cyberpunk

    the second question concerns the search for updates, if I look it says that the last search for updates was made on December 22nd at 4.30pm, I unplugged it at night, since then he hasn't looked for any more. how often does this search?

    Im on xbox series s

    :)
     
    Hjorn, Jan 15, 2023
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    A quick question about game update storage....

    To some extent that is correct. However, many newer games released in the last three years or so have the ability to store game patches in the same location save games go. The patches for the last three Call of Duty games store the game update in the game
    save location as do the latest releases from EA. So for the most part, unless you intend to play many older 360 titles, there shouldn't be a problem.
  3. Cap Oblivious Win User

    A quick question about game update storage....

    Actually, it wont be for me anyway... I tend to play through a game once then shelve it (PC gamer... steam... LOT of backlog). BUT I was looking to do a little research because I was curious and well, it makes me wonder what happens when the next machine
    comes out... more as a mental exercise since again, I dont tend to go back to games, but still, I gotta wonder.

    Thank you!
  4. onyxishere Win User

    Just a question about storage

    You could store it on a usb, however I would recommend getting either the 250 or 320 gb hard drive as I believe the MW2 game will not play properly without it.
  5. Hordie Win User

    Question about storage space

    Hey there! You will have to uninstall games if you need space and don't have a hard drive. I purchased a 50.00 1TB hard drive and moved games to it. Works great and just as fast as the regular one due to USB 3.0. You can also move your current games to that
    hard drive.
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Questions about cloud storage.

    On the 369, games saves are not automatically saved to the cloud. You have to choose to save it there when the game asks where you want to save your game. After that, any saves will for that game will go to the cloud unless you choose otherwise.
Thema:

Question about storage and auto update

Loading...
  1. Question about storage and auto update - Similar Threads - Question storage auto

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Xbox setup questions - active hours & storage

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox setup questions - active hours & storage: Hello, I wanted to ask a few questions please. First of all, the option ‘when Xbox is off, storage turns off’ option - does that apply to the official Seagate expansion card for Xbox or is that...
  8. Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card: Let's say I have 30GB left on my Series X internal SSD and need to install a game that takes up 50GB. So I put in a new 1TB Seagate Storage Expansion Card and install the game. Does that expansion...
  9. Xbox one storage and saved games question

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one storage and saved games question: Hi I have an original Xbox one, some time ago I uninstalled a game and later on I bought the game again and installed it. So I thought that if you uninstall the game all game progress is erased...
  10. Xbox series s storage space question

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s storage space question: hello everyone I wanted to know one thing, the free space on the console was 22.6%, the day after instead 22.5% I didn't install anything more than what I had or uninstalled something, I also did...