Question about Next Gen game swap

Discus and support Question about Next Gen game swap in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I heard news that Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a next gen swap and I am curious as I have it digitally on my Xbox Series X and wondering if it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sgt Miffy, Oct 28, 2023.

  1. Sgt Miffy
    Sgt Miffy Guest

    Question about Next Gen game swap


    So I heard news that Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a next gen swap and I am curious as I have it digitally on my Xbox Series X and wondering if it will give me a free upgrade which makes it swap to next gen graphics when it happens or do I have to pay for the next gen even tho I already own it before the next gen swap.

    (I really don't want to pay for it again)

    :)
     
    Sgt Miffy, Oct 28, 2023
    #1
  2. Sgt Miffy Win User

    Question about Next Gen game swap

    God dammit that make me pissed, but i thought RDR1 had a free one?
  3. CountingDown27 Win User

    Question about Next Gen game swap

    I wouldn't take anything as being news as I am not sure Rockstar have even said anything about there being a next gen upgrade. I believe it all stems from a leaked Microsoft Executive email from early Summer last year where it showed they were expecting it to come....however, they were expecting it late last year.

    The question is whether it would be worth it for R* financially...sure, there is a substantial playerbase but whether that is enough to cover the cost of upgrading it is debatable. With GTAV it was a no-brainer given that game is still bringing in millions (hundreds of?) of dollars every year
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Question about Next Gen game swap

    rockstar has consistently charged for generational upgrades, so I would assume this would be the same if it were to happen
  5. ngocphi Win User

    **** is the point in making an external hard drive $100+

    No as you need something 10x faster than your external hdd

    As mentioned by sword your hdd is exponent slower

    Not a couple.mbPS

    You are talking about 500mbps behind 5.buses vs 4.8gbps with 12 paths to the cpu gpu and memory

    Next gen consoles games require next gen storage.

    Either rely on older.xbox one games or non patched games or keep swapping them out

    MS.didn't lie nor.did sony this is widely known next gen games require newer storage

    Next gen games uses the compression processor and direct access to.the cpu and GPU and memory
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

    Possibility of getting a next gen console via ShopTo early?

    I thought you were buying your console from game and wanting to straight swap Ghosts for next gen version. You only get the straight swap when you buy your console from them
Thema:

Question about Next Gen game swap

Loading...
  1. Question about Next Gen game swap - Similar Threads - Question Next Gen

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Xbox headset icon next to gamer tag- question

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox headset icon next to gamer tag- question: When someone has a headset icon next to their gamer tag, I understand that this is an indicator that they're in an xbox party, that checks out. However, there are times when people have that icon...
  8. Next generation question

    in XboX Insiders
    Next generation question: Will Xbox Scarlett have fasters boot up times than all the Xboxes from the Xbox Family? submitted by /u/ExtraHalo736479 [link] [comments]
  9. Question: Star Rank for Next Year

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question: Star Rank for Next Year: I thought I was going to end up spending enough to reach Rank 4, but it doesn't look that way. Am I guaranteed to stay Rank 3, or can I go down? How can I tell if I'm going to keep it?...
  10. Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...: Hi! So I used to have an Xbox 360 .....when I did get rid of it I think I may have had some of Xbox Live left on it. Anyways so now that I am getting an Xbox One (by the end of the year,...