question about liquid on a console

Discus and support question about liquid on a console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night about 9:30pm i knocked over my bottle of pop, some of the pop spilled onto the console. I immeditly turned of my console, dried it off and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Faron Gamblin, May 21, 2023.

  1. question about liquid on a console


    Last night about 9:30pm i knocked over my bottle of pop, some of the pop spilled onto the console. I immeditly turned of my console, dried it off and let it sit. As it was cooling down i smelled the fan to see if could spell anything burning (as im told that is a sign of possible damage) but did not. I did spell a cinnemon smell but unsure what that means. I let my console sit for 2 hours then turned it on for 5 min ( to test for burning smell) but nothing. I then turned my system off and let it set over night (for about 10 hours) Is it safe to turn it on and what does it mean if i smell cinnemon smell? or am i safe since i do not belive it got into the system

    :)
     
    Faron Gamblin, May 21, 2023
    #1
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

    question about liquid on a console

    still, i would get it checked, if the sugar is left to eat away at the board or components then by the time you see it, it will be far too late and unrepairable. plus it could also be a fire risk.
  3. Faron Gamblin Win User

    question about liquid on a console

    the smell was there while the system was cooling down, but when i tested the system this morning there was not smell
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    question about liquid on a console

    Most consoles will no longer turn on if there is water inside the box but as long as your console is still turning on then I do not believe there is a major problem. Letting it dry before turning it on will actually help and a bigger chance it will not damage the hard ware. You can always test turning the console on for as long as it has already dried up.
    You might want to consider doing a little more research on that. Just because the pop drink (what Americans call a 'Soda') has dried, doesn't mean the worst of it is over. The chemicals in the drink all have the potential to corrode the circuit board over time. Once they do this, the tracers on the board (those long lines that carry data and power) will degrade and create resistance to the point where the console will eventually stop working.
  5. Faron Gamblin Win User

    question about liquid on a console

    ill have to wait til tomorow, the closest repair shop is closed on sundays
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

    question about liquid on a console

    yeah wait till then, you maybe lucky and not caused any damage but better safe than a new console purchase.
Thema:

question about liquid on a console

Loading...
  1. question about liquid on a console - Similar Threads - question liquid console

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  10. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....