Question about games installing when xbox is off.

Discus and support Question about games installing when xbox is off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought wolfenstein last night and started installing it, then at some point I paused and shut off the console (I have mine on energy saving mode).... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pReDaToR3000000, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Question about games installing when xbox is off.

I bought wolfenstein last night and started installing it, then at some point I paused and shut off the console (I have mine on energy saving mode). Then I started it up today the game was installed, so I was wondering if the console keeps downloading when
    shut off, or if it didn't shut down until finished? What I find strange is that I paused the install so don't really understand what happened.

:)

pReDaToR3000000, Nov 23, 2017
  2. Question about game installing

I tried installing a game back in the day but my xbox still seemed to access the CD from time to time. I guess it speeds up the loading of a game marginally too no? Might give it another go, although if it works it'll force my hand into buying a bigger HDD.
    =D

Stephen Emerson, Nov 23, 2017
  3. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest
    Question about game installing

Yup, Pinbot and Takuto hit the nail on the head Question about games installing when xbox is off. :)

I install every game i get, will probably increase the lifetime of your console by a fair bit by doing that (preventing overheating and so on) Question about games installing when xbox is off. :)

DENAz666, Nov 23, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

In energy saving mode the console will not continue to download games or any updates whilst switched off. When the console is set to instant on mode it is possible to change the settings so the console downloads games and updates
    whilst switched off.

gds1972, Nov 23, 2017
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

In energy saving mode the console will not continue to download games or any updates whilst switched off. When the console is set to instant on mode it is possible to change the settings so the console downloads games and updates
    whilst switched off.
  6. MisterSwitch Win User

Question about installing games

confirmed. should be fine.
  7. Fembot-D0A580E6-4607 Win User

Weirdly enough you still have to swap them even if they are installed. I did that with mass effect 2 and la noire so it should be the same with Rage. :)
  8. takuto neko Win User

Yup, it will spin a little bit like Denaz mentions..But yeah it does speed up loading times and makes the 360 quieter..It's probably overal better for the 360 as well. I say it's well worth installing games onto the hard drive for sure.
  9. takuto neko Win User

Yeah still swap out like Pinbot says...However,I'd still install them to the HD because it makes things so quiet and things load quicker and such :D
Thema:

1. Question about games installing when xbox is off. - Similar Threads - Question games installing

2. A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    A question about the lack of Japanese games for Xbox: I have heard the whole issue of a few Japanese game developers not releasing their games on Xbox, and that makes me disappointed, most notably, Square-Enix neglected to make a port of Final...
  3. Question About Game Content Usage Rules

in XBoX on Windows
    Question About Game Content Usage Rules: Hey, I'm wondering about certain rules inside the Game Content Usage Rules when they say "You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't...
  4. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  5. Urgent copyright question about Forza in-game photos

in XBoX on Windows
    Urgent copyright question about Forza in-game photos: Hi! I wanted to ask a question about the copyright of in-game screenshots of Forza Series. I planned to publish an independent videogame magazine. Inside, there will be an article enriched by...
  6. Question about Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Question about Xbox Cloud Gaming: I was wondering if two people could be signed into the same Microsoft account and play on xCloud at the same time as each other. submitted by /u/Dariusthepuppy [link] [comments]
  7. Quick question about Xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Accessibility
    Quick question about Xbox cloud gaming: Will it come to different countries or regions 7ea8c3ff-1da3-42c8-bf35-d3c458ca55f9
  8. I have a question, can my son play online against me if he doesn't have the game on his...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question, can my son play online against me if he doesn't have the game on his...: I have a question, can my son play online against me if he doesn't have the game on his system? Obviously in separate accounts? 5f680fc7-5381-4cc0-92e0-0d689d95fb78
  9. Question regarding Game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question regarding Game pass: Hey so I have game pass on my Xbox series X but i wish to share my game pass subscription to my brother who has an Xbox one, the game sharing part works but my brother cannot play games online for...
  10. Game share question!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game share question!: So I have the Xbox x and want to game share to my old Xbox one in the same house . I’ve created a new profile for the old Xbox to game share. How do we setup so we can both play fc24 the same time...