Question about forcing insider updates?

Discus and support Question about forcing insider updates? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey. Could someone clarify something for me? I'm fairly new to xbox and the insider program. I am on the Omega ring and insider level 3. I am... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Schminimal, May 6, 2021.

  1. Question about forcing insider updates?


    Hey.

    Could someone clarify something for me? I'm fairly new to xbox and the insider program. I am on the Omega ring and insider level 3. I am currently running this version (2104.210423-1615) of Omega. I saw that this version (2104.210501-0000) is now available with a mandatory update time of 3am May 5th PST. I am in the UK, I checked the insider app this morning and it is still only showing me information for (2104.210423-1615). I have checked for an update in settings and it says I have no updates available.

    Is this a regional issue? How do I get the OS to update?

    Secondary question is this. I am interested in trying out the new audio passthrough feature for media apps. This is now available to Omega users. I want to try it out with Plex. I have read that I also need the preview version of the Plex app. Will this preview be available to Omega users so I can test both together or will I have to wait until Plex include it in a full release version of the app?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Schminimal
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Schminimal, May 6, 2021
    #1
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

    Console asks to update randomly

    Are you part of the insider preview? If you are I would suggest taking a few moments when you open up the Xbox to check if there is an update waiting. Keep upto date feature doesn't always work for insider preview. Updates will be forced as all insider
    consoles, within each ring need to be on the same OS. Typically forced between 6-8 hours after release.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

    Why did you just kick me from a game to do an update?

    If you are in the preview program, it is your responsibility to check for updates. I check every day as soon as I turn my Xbox on, that way I get no nasty forced updates. You can follow the insider blog here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/insider/
    which will inform you of pending updates. You can also follow the reddit for insiders too here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/ which also publishes the links to the
    blog about updates.
  4. The Lylmik Win User

    XBOX One system updates now kick you out of an ongoing game?

    I have insider enabled, true as it has not had any issues until now. Is this now the new normal for insiders to get updates forced on while in game? if that is the case, I will roll back out of the insider program.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

    Frequency of forced updates on the Xbox One

    "I’m on the Xbox Insider program, so this issue is compounded even more by the frequency of the updates."

    I'm in ASA Insider preview and do about 3-4 updates a week sometimes.

    I also have power save mode but I'm in the habit of checking System>Settings>System>Updates and downloads or the Reddit XBox Insiders Forum for new releases everytime
    I turn my console on.

    This stops forcing the update when they become mandatory and your in the middle of playing a game.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

    Frequency of forced updates on the Xbox One

    Are you part of the Xbox Insider Preview program?

    There is a feature that if the console is set to instant on and keep updated, then it should negate forced updates. It is also advisable to check when turning on the console for updates.
Thema:

Question about forcing insider updates?

Loading...
  1. Question about forcing insider updates? - Similar Threads - Question forcing insider

  2. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  3. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  4. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  5. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  6. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  7. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....
  8. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...
  9. Questions on disc to digital conversions

    in XboX Insiders
    Questions on disc to digital conversions: If i have a preexisting digital license and subsequently claim a "new" license through disc to digital, what happens if a disc license expires or gets transferred to a different user? Will the...
  10. Question about disc to digital for GTA V upgrade

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about disc to digital for GTA V upgrade: As you know Rockstars is giving free upgrade for digital owners of the GTA V Xbox one version to Series X version, however, the disc owners are left behind. With the new disc to digital feature,...