Question about downloading a game

Discus and support Question about downloading a game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a quick question and I don't remember seeing it anywhere or I've overlooked it. I finally decided since I am snowed in to download Killer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flint SithLord, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Question about downloading a game

I have a quick question and I don't remember seeing it anywhere or I've overlooked it. I finally decided since I am snowed in to download Killer Instinct. I have a slow connection so it is taking a while and that's fine. What I want to know is will the
    download stop if I started playing COD Ghosts-MP and if it would stop if I started playing Lego Marvel? I'm assuming it will stop if I start playing MP and that's fine but I would like to get in some Lego time. Thanks.

:)

Flint SithLord, Jan 6, 2014
  2. HellspawnRei
    HellspawnRei Guest
    Question about installing/downloading a game.

Hello King,

if you install Gears Of War 3 on your friend's Xbox,it will still need the game disc to play.

So there is no need to do it.Your friend will have to wait until he fully downloads it,so he could play it right.

HellspawnRei, Jan 6, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Question about installing/downloading a game.

Sorry, that won't work. Your friend will need to purchase the game himself and download it. There are 2 things that can be done here.

1. He can set up background downloads by going to System Settings>Shutdown>Background Download and setting it to enable. This will allow him to set up the download when he goes to bed. When he shuts down the console, it will go into power saver mode and
    complete the download before finally shutting down.

2. Invite your friend to bring his console to your house. Hook it up to your net and download the game from there. He can't just bring his hard drive over though. It has to be the whole console.

onyxishere, Jan 6, 2014
  4. DEACON
    DEACON Guest

nope it won't stop. you can do whatever you want and it'll continue to download Question about downloading a game :)

DEACON, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Alright thanks for the answer Question about downloading a game :)

Flint SithLord, Jan 6, 2014
  6. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    I can confirm what vDEACON said, I have downloaded games and updates and played others while it was doing so. It did not appear to stop.

eviltedi, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Flint SithLord Win User

Alright thanks for the answer :)
  8. DEACON Win User

nope it won't stop. you can do whatever you want and it'll continue to download :)
  9. eviltedi Win User

I can confirm what vDEACON said, I have downloaded games and updates and played others while it was doing so. It did not appear to stop.
  10. maxen Win User

Question about downloading games

That's purely a matter of preference.

I personally like having digital games (no switching discs required), but others would not ever give up their physical collection of discs. And often physical copies can be found for cheaper and get discounted more often than digital ones.

There's no right answer to this. You have to decide for yourself what you prefer.

However, if you have a slow Internet connection, you will almost certainly want to go with physical copies. The games on Xbox One are large in size (the smallest I have is 4GB, but apart from that they range in size from 10GB to 40GB). On a slow Internet
    connection this will take a long time. Or if you have a monthly usage cap, you will quickly use it up completely and your ISP might shut off your connection for the rest of the month or start charging you extra for the additional usage. These are important
    points to consider.
  11. Mister Cerb Win User

Question about a download

Hey there Juanes!

It really all depends on whether or not the game is available in your region. Which region are you physically located in?

Under normal circumstances, when there is a region discrepancy that prevents someone from being able to download a game, if the person changes their account region to match their physical location, they are then able to download the game.

Let us know your physical region and we'll check to see if the game is available there! ^_^
Thema:

1. Question about downloading a game - Similar Threads - Question downloading game

2. Question on pre-downloading updates Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Question on pre-downloading updates Xbox: Hey Is there a list of games that allow pre-download for updates or is it just sea of thieves at the moment? submitted by /u/08spurlingD [link] [comments]
  3. I have a question Can you make it possible to download games and apps from Xbox web

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question Can you make it possible to download games and apps from Xbox web: Can you make it possible to download games and apps from Xbox web and Microsoft store web b090454f-14fb-43ff-9a50-07825c1cdf20
  4. Have a Question about Xbox Game Pass - Download resume feature broken

in XBoX Accessibility
    Have a Question about Xbox Game Pass - Download resume feature broken: Hello Team, Need your help on the following: Please read carefully that help understand problem description Description I have 3 Drives (C: , D: and E: ) , C- M.2 SSD , D and E - HDD 1TB and...
  5. Download Question

in XBoX on Windows
    Download Question: Quick question. If i pause a download then turn off my pc, if i turn it on the next day will the download progress be the same or will i have to download it again?...
  6. Game download question.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game download question.: So I had For Honor previously on my xbox as a disc, so after deleting it, it was of course still in my library. But then I got a digital download code for the game from a friend(gift). If I have...
  7. Dolby Atmos Download Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos Download Question: Hello! I hope all of you are well. I have what I hope is an easy question. So, I can buy Dolby Atmos for headphones on the Xbox One console. According to the download page, I have 10 product keys...
  8. Read Dead Redemption 2 Download Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Read Dead Redemption 2 Download Question: Good Morning, I am a total Xbox noob. Last night I hooked up my Xbox One and started downloading Red Dead Redemption 2 ( I have physical disc.) It started downloading, and than it asked me to...
  9. Question: time to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question: time to download a game: I have a question. I want to buy a game with the sales that are going in right now. But when I buy the game i'm not abled to install it now, because i can't get to my xbox. So my question is: how...
  10. Xbox One on demand game download question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One on demand game download question: Sup everyone, Can I play a game at a certain point of the download if it's a game on demand. I already know you can if it's a physical copy just wasn't sure if you could on demand. Thanks!...