Question about comms bans...

Discus and support Question about comms bans... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So some guy was trash talking me, so I trash talked him back. I got comms banned. Then he proceeded to message me making fun of me for getting banned.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GoGoGadgtSnipe, Nov 17, 2018.

  1. Question about comms bans...


    So some guy was trash talking me, so I trash talked him back. I got comms banned. Then he proceeded to message me making fun of me for getting banned. I reported him and nothing happened. So why would I get banned and not him too when hes the one who
    started the trash talking, and then proceeded to harass me and make fun of me for getting banned?

    :)
     
    GoGoGadgtSnipe, Nov 17, 2018
    #1
  2. FrozenMG5
    FrozenMG5 Guest
    Xbox comm banned me for no reason

    I am a general Xbox Live player like everyone else, yet I have come to find out that I just got comm banned for no reason yesterday. What I want to know is 1) how did I get comm banned? 2) Who complained about me for me to get comm banned? 3) How long I
    am I going to be comm banned for? If this is a unreasonable comm banning, then please remove it. I play games that require a lot of communicating and if I can't communicate than my teammates or friends will get highly confused.
     
    FrozenMG5, Nov 17, 2018
    #2
  3. ibby1337
    ibby1337 Guest
    Banned twice for the exact same message

    I sent a message to someone about a year ago with lines along "suicide" i got a comm ban a day after and knew not to say stuff like that. Its been a whole year and i have been comm banned and multiplayer game banned for 2 weeks for a message along the lines
    of "suicide". I haven't even messaged anyone with words related to that since the first comm ban. My favourite game is Destiny and with this multiplayer game ban it has made it impossible to play and have fun on.
     
    ibby1337, Nov 17, 2018
    #3
  4. Question about comms bans...

    That's very odd. I would suggest reporting the message again in case something went wrong and the report didnt go through. Advice given for future is to ignore, report and block. The second you engage and react you put your own account at risk. Its
    just not worth it.
     
    MightyQuinn75, Nov 17, 2018
    #4
  5. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    Hello!

    Thanks for bringing your situation to the forums. I understand you are experiencing a communication ban and had questions about it. You may want to visit with the
    Xbox Policy Enforcement page for updates about your enforcement action and any possible options that may be available.

    Hope this helps!
     
    XBF George L, Nov 17, 2018
    #5
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Suspensions are not always issued immediately. As long as you reported him, the enforcement team will investigate him too and take the appropriate action. Just because he hasn't received a suspension yet doesn't mean he won't.
     
    Smwutches, Nov 17, 2018
    #6
  7. I reported like 4 different messages he sent.
     
    GoGoGadgtSnipe, Nov 17, 2018
    #7
  8. LegoNinja187
    LegoNinja187 Guest

    Question about comms bans...

    1. in these situations you should avoid trash talking back, and simply block and report.

    2. It may take a while for the enforcement team to get to your report of this person.
     
    LegoNinja187, Nov 6, 2018
    #8
  9. LegoNinja187 Win User

    Question about comms bans...

    1. in these situations you should avoid trash talking back, and simply block and report.

    2. It may take a while for the enforcement team to get to your report of this person.
  10. Smwutches Win User

    Question about comms bans...

    Suspensions are not always issued immediately. As long as you reported him, the enforcement team will investigate him too and take the appropriate action. Just because he hasn't received a suspension yet doesn't mean he won't.
  11. XBF George L Win User

    Question about comms bans...

    Hello!

    Thanks for bringing your situation to the forums. I understand you are experiencing a communication ban and had questions about it. You may want to visit with the
    Xbox Policy Enforcement page for updates about your enforcement action and any possible options that may be available.

    Hope this helps!
  12. GoGoGadgtSnipe Win User

    Question about comms bans...

    I reported like 4 different messages he sent.
  13. MightyQuinn75 Win User

    Question about comms bans...

    That's very odd. I would suggest reporting the message again in case something went wrong and the report didnt go through. Advice given for future is to ignore, report and block. The second you engage and react you put your own account at risk. Its
    just not worth it.
Thema:

Question about comms bans...

Loading...
  1. Question about comms bans... - Similar Threads - Question comms bans

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. I have a question about my comm ban

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a question about my comm ban: I was banned for calling a guy a [mod removed] after racial slurs were used in game. Didnt know id get banned so would be nice to have my account back up. 24795b1f-4911-43e2-9ee7-f422795b1be6
  10. comm bans question

    in XBoX on Consoles
    comm bans question: so a while back i was dumb like a year ago and got 2 comm bans back to back. not that i’d ever repeat my mistakes but do comm bans get noted on your account forever? or do they eventually get...