Question About Closing My Microsoft Account

Discus and support Question About Closing My Microsoft Account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was wondering if gifted games will be deleted once I close my Microsoft account. I get that games that have been gifted to my account will be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mokeythemousehasarachnoph, Aug 7, 2022.

  1. Question About Closing My Microsoft Account


    I was wondering if gifted games will be deleted once I close my Microsoft account. I get that games that have been gifted to my account will be deleted, but what will happen to the games that I gifted to others?

    I'm just wondering because I gifted a game with applicable taxes and assumed I have to pay that too. Does that mean the person who owns the game now gets to pay that? Or was it always like that even before my account gets closed?

    :)
     
    mokeythemousehasarachnoph, Aug 7, 2022
    #1
  2. [ A J ] Win User

    Question About Closing My Microsoft Account

    Hi, Mokeythemousehasarachnophobia! thank you for reaching out.

    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

    Closing your Microsoft account will not delete games that you have gifted to others.

    Taxes for the game you gifted were already included in the game's final price.

    I hope this helps!

    Best regards.
  3. Draph91 Win User

    Do you get an email saying you’ve closed your Microsoft account?

    But am I sent an email after my account has been closed?

    That doesn't really answer my question.

    Also am I automatically logged out? (Never mind about this question, I watched a video where a person showed how to close it and after they completed the process, they were automatically logged out)

    I was testing the close account function, but I cancelled at the end.

    And I can still log into my account, the code thing doesn't show up.

    I was testing to see if it was possible to accidentally delete your account.
  4. Tweaked Donkey Win User

    closing down an unwanted account

    @ Brickstin

    .

    If you have any question or concerns, please create your own thread and someone can assist you. If you wish to rant about issues you are having, unfortunately there is no section on the forums for skylarking.

    .

    --------------------------------------

    @try me betch

    .

    If you wish to close your account down for good, I recommend following the instructions on the following page:

    support.xbox.com/.../cancel-microsoft-account
  5. Satria Manggala Jati Win User

    Create Another Microsoft Account using Same Email (Non-Microsoft service) used on Deleted Microsoft Account

    Hello Oskayra,

    The account is no longer used in the meantime. Closing the account is my approach to secure my account, since I could not pay attention to it. If it was closed, I could care free. I do not have to review my security nor keep my data updated. Also, if I lost my authentication by any means and had to submit recovery form, recovering the account would be challenging as I might not remember my last activity.

    This action may seem inappropriate to Microsoft and may have consequences.
    I do not know if it is inappropriate. I have some experience about closing accounts (non-email services). PayPal allow this recreating new account with same email from deleted account, but my local marketplace does not allow it.

    Would *** Email address is removed for privacy *** be blocked for create new Microsoft Account for the second time?

    If you had the experience or knew what happen after closing Microsoft Account with existing email, you may answer my question.

    Thank you for your assistance.
  6. Tanya [EAW] Win User

    email recovery

    Hello,

    Thank you for posting your question to this forum.

    From your description, I understand your email account was accidentally deleted. Just to be clear, was the email account closed or deleted? If it was closed, you have up to 60 days to reopen the account. If this is the case, you can simply try signing into the Microsoft account to reopen. If the email account was deleted or the email alias was removed, unfortunateley you will not be able to recover the account as deleted Microsoft accounts are not able to be undeleted or recreated. You can learn more about this here: Reopen your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

    Feel free to respond back to this post if have further questions.

    Best regards,
Thema:

Question About Closing My Microsoft Account

Loading...
  1. Question About Closing My Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Question Closing Microsoft

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  10. unable to close the application in question is there a solution or is it a real problem?

    in XboX Insiders
    unable to close the application in question is there a solution or is it a real problem?: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]