Question about changing gamertag?

Discus and support Question about changing gamertag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; tl;dr at bottom Recently my account was compromised and one of the things they did was change my gamertag. The original gamertag was longer than can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChistopherXR, May 21, 2020.

  1. ChistopherXR
    ChistopherXR Guest

    Question about changing gamertag?


    tl;dr at bottom

    Recently my account was compromised and one of the things they did was change my gamertag. The original gamertag was longer than can be used with the new character limit (you can only use 12 characters instead of 15) so customer support told me to change
    it on Xbox 360 instead of Xbox One.

    I did this and when I checked on my xbox it only changed the game tag that's used for games that don't support the new gamertag system.

    tl;dr: If I call xbox support over the phone can they change my current gamertag by the new system to match my current gamertag by the old one?

    :)
     
    ChistopherXR, May 21, 2020
    #1
  2. Mr Difo Win User

    Question about changing gamertag?

    through customer support they should be able to change the tag to what you desire as long as it fits their personal criteria. xbox has one of the best gamertag systems to date with lots of freedom :)
  3. Sayann X Win User

    Question about changing gamertag?

    Hello, yes try to contact them, they can help you
  4. TTeeckCorba Win User

    Question about Gamertag change

    It may be because someone already has the gamer tag. I went into the "Find Someone" section on xbox and searched for "Soku" and got 50 results. If this is the case you will be unable to change your gamertag. Maybe try S0uk with a zero and not an o.
  5. Turv3y Win User

    Question about gamertag changes.

    I believe if you are banned the GT name is forfeit.
  6. SokuTV Win User

    Question about Gamertag change

    Hello, thanks for the reply as well. So you're saying that "Soku" is trademarked by a company? If so, does "" still count as it being trademarked?
Thema:

Question about changing gamertag?

Loading...
  1. Question about changing gamertag? - Similar Threads - Question changing gamertag

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

    in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  9. My Xbox account and all security questions hacked and changed - how can I get this account...

    in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox account and all security questions hacked and changed - how can I get this account...: Someone hacked my Xbox account My original email and all my personal information and security questions have been changed Therefore every time I try and contact Xbox live, I am unable to get...
  10. Question about changing from console to PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about changing from console to PC: I'm planning to buy a PC, since the price of the Series S here in Brazil increased a lot. If I change from console to PC using the same account, will my Insider level be the same it was on console...