: Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray

Discus and support : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray Encountering an audio issue when using the Blu-Ray app on Xbox One X to play UHD or... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by rept0n, May 29, 2020.

1. rept0n
    rept0n Guest

Encountering an audio issue when using the Blu-Ray app on Xbox One X to play UHD or HD Blu-Rays.

Video is perfect, and audio starts, but randomly cuts out for a few seconds, then comes back for a random amount of time before cutting out again. This happens across the handful of 4K and HD titles I've tried. All other audio from the Xbox One X (games, Spotify,
    Netflix) works fine without issue

• Xbox One X is connected to the QE65Q800T via a brand new HDMI 2.1 cable in port 4
    • I've tried different cables, and different ports - the problem stays with this device
    • Taking the same HD Blu-Ray and playing on a Playstation 4 connected to the same Q800T works fine without issue (regardless of cable or port).

Had not had an issue with Xbox One X audio playback before switching to this TV (previously plugged into a soundbar with ARC to the TV for video). I'd ideally like to be able to go Xbox One X to Q800T (and either do away with the Soundbar, or upgrade to one
    that supports eARC)

Any thoughts?

:)

rept0n, May 29, 2020
  2. XNG GAMING Win User

hello,the xbox one x does not support the hdmi 2.1 I suggest you leave the 2.0 that was provided with the console,then on your tv player try to desactivate the smart mode and disable the mode hdmi eARC in a second time
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Series X question

I ended up doing that as I was a bit worried about the optical drive in my Xbox One x when it refused to play certain 4k Blue ray disks.
    My old Xbox One X had issues with some UHD movies, so much so that I too bought a stand alone UHD Blue-ray player. Playback issues were (probably still are) common on the One X. I've never played a single Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray or DVD in my Series X.

There really isn't any need to test all of the discs. Test a few. If the discs are in good clean order they would have played on another BD player.
  4. Prince-Nicks Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Im playing from the 4k uhd player in the xbox one x

The blu ray player is up to date yeah
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox cdrom or whatever people call it

Its a dvd
    Nope, not quite right.

Original Xbox - DVD

Xbox 360 - DVD (or more specifically, DVD-9).

Xbox One - Blu-ray

Xbox One S and X - UHD Blu-ray drive, but games still on standard Blu-ray.

Scarlet will have a UHD BD drive so that can still play all formats of movie discs. Likely that games will be on 100GB discs.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
Thema:

1. : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray - Similar Threads - Q800T audio dropout

2. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  3. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  4. Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.: Just bought my new headpgones logitech X2 pro and the sound quality is terible compared to my old 40 bucks Volcano headphones. I have a tried a lot of stuff from yuotube like updating drivers,...
  5. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  6. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  7. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  8. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  9. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  10. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...