Q. Regarding modded console

Discus and support Q. Regarding modded console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been given a pro console for my son to use off line, I had to buy a hard drive for it, but when i put a game in and update it it rings red. I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TOXICLUNCH, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TOXICLUNCH
    TOXICLUNCH Guest

I have been given a pro console for my son to use off line, I had to buy a hard drive for it, but when i put a game in and update it it rings red. I'm reading online that the update is recognizing that the console is modded, Is this console a paper weight
    now or is there anyway around this. Please keep in mind this is an OFFLINE only console. Any idea if this is fact. Thanks for reading.

:)

TOXICLUNCH, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    xbox 360 external HDD not working. Possibly hacked?

Any discussion regarding modding isn't allowed.

You're a sitting duck. Once you plug your drive, USB or otherwise into the Xbox 360, the modded file system/console modifies your drive. So it doesn't matter whether the console is modded or not, your drive is still modded. Format your drive on a non modded
    console, and please stop using modded consoles. You're ruining the fun for everyone :|

Irixion, Jan 6, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    xbox 360 external HDD not working. Possibly hacked?

Sorry but you've been answered about this. Also any type of discussion regarding modded consoles is not allowed on the forums.

onyxishere, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Q. Regarding modded console

3 red lights in a rings indicates a faulty cpu,the only way to repair it is to send it to microsoft.

As the console is modded they will not repair it.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 6, 2014
  5. You will need to contact support regarding this. Red rings can have different meanings as to what is wrong, depending on how many are shining red and such. There is also a support section on the forums as well and you can post your inquiry there as well.

SparkStormrider, Jan 6, 2014
  6. bodrul
    bodrul Guest
    if its a modded console as stated above you forfeit the warranty so they would just send it back

and you would be charged

support.xbox.com/.../flashing-lights-solution

Look through the faq (it has a guide to the different errors)

bodrul, Jan 6, 2014
  7. jaspertodd
    jaspertodd Guest
    To see if its been modded, look under the system for a protective sticker , if its broke or not there its been opened and Microsoft will not fix. Did you buy this from a game store? if you havent even got to play it I would demand a refund cause they had
    to know it had the red ring of death before selling it to you. Man people are sickening. Well good luck to you.

jaspertodd, Jan 6, 2014
  8. TOXICLUNCH
    TOXICLUNCH Guest

I'm sorry i didn't enclose the fact that i recieved error code E66 i believe, or E 67 which i googled and read it was error for modded console, I know for sure its modded the person that gave it to me did say so, I'm not really looking to fix it because
    its for offline use only, hell there not to expensive to buy now anyway, If it matters the red light is on the bottom right side, player four controller i guess. I'm curios though if all new game updates can spot a modded console you wont be able to play them
    even if your offline ?, oh well i'll tie it to my boat anchor, lol Happy gaming everyone.

TOXICLUNCH, Jan 7, 2014
  9. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    An E66 error is a 'paring' error.

-

Essentially the dvd drive in a 360 is tied to the motherboard of the console. You can't swap a drive over because the pairing key wont match.

-

Modders have found a way around that of course but Microsoft have fired back. The update you've received wipes out the modification, leaving the drive and console is an unusable state.

-

The person who modded your console put in a replacement drive.

-

We can't tell you how to get it fixed because obviously that would allow you to play pirated games again and self repair discussion is firmly against the rules of the forum.

voteDC, Jan 7, 2014
  10. TOXICLUNCH
    TOXICLUNCH Guest
    Understandable, Im not looking for repair ideas, this was given to me to be used offline, I wanted to see what was the outcome before i throw it away, it sounds like its useless anyway even as an offline unit, I support whats being done to keep modders and
    hackers off XBL, and will move on to getting a good unit for my son to use offline, at least till 2015 when 360 is not supported anymore. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

TOXICLUNCH, Jan 10, 2014
  11. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    The odd thing about the paring error is that if you remove the drive, then the console will work. You wouldn't be able to play any disc based games of course but if you were willing to take it online, you could buy some digital games and let your son use
    those offline.

voteDC, Jan 10, 2014
  12. [quote user="jaspertodd"] To see if its been modded, look under the system for a protective sticker , if its broke or not there its been opened and Microsoft will not fix. Did you buy this from a game store? if you havent even got to play it I would demand
    a refund cause they had to know it had the red ring of death before selling it to you. Man people are sickening. Well good luck to you. [/quote]

Those stickers haven't ever been any good.

The modders or unauthorised engineers just heat it with a hairdryer and it peels off and remains sticky.

Then re-apply by pressing it back on and heating again.

Its been done on products for years.

I have always wondered why companies still use them?

CAPTAIN BUMFISH, Jan 10, 2014
  13. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest

Or apply another sicker, This doesn't seem to be relevant for this issue IMO. Knowing the console had issues and was for offline use only begs the question, Why connect??? A red ring is NOT an online issue. Enjoy your paperweight.

BongKaos, Jan 10, 2014
  14. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    If you were to take the DVD drive out of the Xbox 360 and tried to use it online it would not work. If the Main board can't detect a dvd drive it would be still non functional and would present an error code. If the seller still has the old broken dvd drive
    you could try connect it back up and access digital games online. But only if Microsoft hasn't banned the console online due to detected firmware modifications. If I were you I would just sell it for parts on eBay or your local classifieds and get another
    one either new or second hand to use offline.

Auswulf, Jan 10, 2014
  15. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    [quote user="Auswolf7"]If you were to take the DVD drive out of the Xbox 360 and tried to use it online it would not work. If the Main board can't detect a dvd drive it would be still non functional and would present an error code.[/quote]No it wouldn't.
    A friend of mine is running his console without a DVD drive in it and it works just fine.

voteDC, Oct 31, 2018
  16. jaspertodd Win User

To see if its been modded, look under the system for a protective sticker , if its broke or not there its been opened and Microsoft will not fix. Did you buy this from a game store? if you havent even got to play it I would demand a refund cause they had
    to know it had the red ring of death before selling it to you. Man people are sickening. Well good luck to you.
  17. Auswulf Win User

If you were to take the DVD drive out of the Xbox 360 and tried to use it online it would not work. If the Main board can't detect a dvd drive it would be still non functional and would present an error code. If the seller still has the old broken dvd drive
    you could try connect it back up and access digital games online. But only if Microsoft hasn't banned the console online due to detected firmware modifications. If I were you I would just sell it for parts on eBay or your local classifieds and get another
    one either new or second hand to use offline.
  18. BongKaos Win User

Or apply another sicker, This doesn't seem to be relevant for this issue IMO. Knowing the console had issues and was for offline use only begs the question, Why connect??? A red ring is NOT an online issue. Enjoy your paperweight.
  19. TOXICLUNCH Win User

Understandable, Im not looking for repair ideas, this was given to me to be used offline, I wanted to see what was the outcome before i throw it away, it sounds like its useless anyway even as an offline unit, I support whats being done to keep modders and
    hackers off XBL, and will move on to getting a good unit for my son to use offline, at least till 2015 when 360 is not supported anymore. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  20. voteDC Win User

An E66 error is a 'paring' error.

-

Essentially the dvd drive in a 360 is tied to the motherboard of the console. You can't swap a drive over because the pairing key wont match.

-

Modders have found a way around that of course but Microsoft have fired back. The update you've received wipes out the modification, leaving the drive and console is an unusable state.

-

The person who modded your console put in a replacement drive.

-

We can't tell you how to get it fixed because obviously that would allow you to play pirated games again and self repair discussion is firmly against the rules of the forum.
Thema:

1. Q. Regarding modded console - Similar Threads - Regarding modded console

2. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards: I'm being given an enforcement for an innocuous looking for group post where I am offering to help kill a boss in Diablo 4 for gold. Why? This isn't against any community standards, and gold is...
  4. Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop: So i am having an issue on streaming games like apex legends or fortnite or any games in general and i cant even stream on discord. Idk why but it keeps saying ur network is trash but i have a...
  5. Regarding Shipment Service issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Regarding Shipment Service issue: I have placed a service for my xbox controller which is in service. For xbox service i got a mail to attach a shipment label in the product box and a form named "To Whom So Ever It May Concern" in...
  6. Please explain regarding hacked accounts

in XBoX on Windows
    Please explain regarding hacked accounts: Long story short, packing started with an email to Microsoft which ended up hitting Xbox. Managed to have the account recovered only to find out that it was suspended indefinitely due to...
  7. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  8. Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?: I've been shrugged off by Microsoft support too many time about this so I'm hoping someone here might have some information regarding it. submitted by /u/Grojniar [link] [comments]
  9. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  10. Who can i contact in regards about an idea for a new type of console

in XBoX on Windows
    Who can i contact in regards about an idea for a new type of console: I have an idea for a new type of console and was wondering who i can contact to find out if it whould be considered as an option for portable gaming 6467c938-b863-49dc-a7ad-4683a9a334e4