Q&A For Installing Minecraft Java (sorry if wrong area, I'm new :P)

Discus and support Q&A For Installing Minecraft Java (sorry if wrong area, I'm new :P) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have several questions, as I plan to buy Minecraft: Java edition a week after my birthday (If the cracked launcher I'm using starts to allow... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Theotmt, May 1, 2021.

1. Theotmt
    Theotmt Guest

I have several questions, as I plan to buy Minecraft: Java edition a week after my birthday (If the cracked launcher I'm using starts to allow Microsoft accounts), Here are some questions:

1. I have Java 8 (used to mod cracked version of Minecraft) , I heard that The setup downloads its own standalone version of Java, could this cause problems and inconsistencies?

2. The java I had got accidentally updated by my antivirus, could this cause any problems? (probs not, just asking)

3. Does Minecraft conflict with Kaspersky Security cloud (not Internet security, which has its problems, heard it doesnt from a guy asking in the forums)

4. Do I need to create an Xbox profile to buy the game and get a gamertag?

5. I have a Microsoft and Mojang account but plan to buy using my Microsoft account, could this cause trouble, do I need to delete the mojang account? (dont think so but wondering)

6. Can programs such as kmspico or shotcut able to cause problems after installing? (just wondering)

7. Is sending the .minecraft folder to the recycle bin enough to delete it, can creating a backup of the folder on the same computer able to cause installation errors?

Sorry for many questions, I get worriied and think of things easily

I'll add more questions when I spot something, as well as keep updates

:)

Theotmt, May 1, 2021
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Hey there. Hope this doesn't bum you out - but I'm not tech savvy enough to answer most of your questions... I can, however, offer some insight on questions 4 and 5.

So, here's what I can help you with lol.

4. You do not need to create an Xbox Profile for Minecraft Java. MC Java is a separate version of MC from some of the other versions. Think of MC Java as the 'OG' or 'classic' version of Minecraft - you know the good one ;). Minecraft Bedrock is the version you 'need' an Xbox/Microsoft account for. Bedrock is the console version that's more colloquially known as the Windows 10 version - which again, is separate from MC Java. So, your Mojang account is all you need.

5. I believe you can in fact link your Mojang account to Minecraft Bedrock in its menus but, to 'buy' Minecraft with your Microsoft Account you would have to buy it through the Microsoft/Windows Store and that version would in fact be Bedrock (like I said) and not Java. Java can be bought straight up via the MC website: Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft You would never need to delete any account for anything. If Java is the version, you're looking for (which in my opinion Java is the best version, even though I play Bedrock frequently on my Xbox) then you'd get it through there with your Mojang account. I believe you can link your Microsoft Account since Microsoft and Mojang have a partnership/thing now with Minecraft but, for Java it isn't needed I don't believe.

Your other questions could for sure be answered by the smart people on the Java Minecraft sub-reddit. I think you should make a post there too! Minecraft Java (reddit.com)

Hope I kind of helped, lol.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Sorry for the late reply, but glad I could help a little bit! I'm sorry about that too, normally reddit is the place I end up when I can't find the answers I'm looking for. Often times I find the people over there know exactly what I need.

Totally not supposed to say this, but try a VPN to get on reddit if you're comfortable with doing so. Or try and find other tech-forum sites. I'll keep you in mind and try to find some info for you, but I'm primarily a basic console Minecraft person and never use my Java version that much lol. So its a stretch for me on the tech side.

Stay safe out there friend!
  4. Theotmt Win User

Thanks, Got some replies on a different minecraft community site, your answers helped as well, raising my estimates of a success to around 98%, thank you, I'll be sure to update as well when the time comes :)
  5. Theotmt Win User

I have not bought anything in the mojang account, soo

But thanks for replying, this helps calm me a bit ;)

reddit is banned in my country, the government says its about adult content, although its like 5%, which sucks a lot
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Can I move my Minecraft Java account to a different Microsoft account?

Hi, Tyme my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

No, you cannot directly transfer your Minecraft Java account to a different Microsoft account. Each Minecraft Java account is associated with a specific Microsoft account, and it's not possible to change this association directly. The only way to play Minecraft Java with a different Microsoft account would be to create a new Minecraft Java account and purchase the game again.

Knowing everything I told you, I'm sorry that you can't change your minecraft account to a different microsoft account, I hope you have a happy day. Oskayra
Thema:

1. Q&A For Installing Minecraft Java (sorry if wrong area, I'm new :P) - Similar Threads - Q&A Installing Minecraft

2. Can I use the xbox one controller video game Q-T14 with Microsoft new policy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use the xbox one controller video game Q-T14 with Microsoft new policy?: I need to by a new controller, but don't want to buy something that will only work for a few days 9919c0ef-9bba-44a0-ad98-7586eaec5b22
  3. Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console: We recently got a SkyQ box and the Xbox has been disconnected. the console turns on but no picture appears on its usual HDMI output (or anywhere else for that matter). HDMI is all plugged in. Sky...
  4. Id suspended q hua

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Id suspended q hua: Kab on hoga Id mera [img] cb06c9d6-b4ee-4740-9a88-38a110189715
  5. Compatibility Q for new game 'Jusant' | Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Compatibility Q for new game 'Jusant' | Xbox One S: Sup guys, I just tried to Pre-Order the new adventure game called 'Just' on my Xbox One S. Though the add to cart button is disabled and says it's incompatible.. though the game's description says...
  6. How to I download Microsoft Flight Sim 40th Aniv edition (XBOX) to my Windows 10 PC?q

in XBoX on Windows
    How to I download Microsoft Flight Sim 40th Aniv edition (XBOX) to my Windows 10 PC?q: I purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition 40th Anniversary Edition from the Microsoft Store (PI removed by moderator). How do I download it? If I have already downloaded it where...
  7. Q not support in Egypt and any one need to entre the Microsoft rewards doesn't enter if you...

in XBoX on Windows
    Q not support in Egypt and any one need to entre the Microsoft rewards doesn't enter if you...: Xbox not support in Egypt and any one need to entre the Microsoft rewards doesn't enter if you need to entre you need to link your account to another account in country that Xbox contain...
  8. I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons...: How do I fix the controller and how can I play it again a529b7f5-cbd7-47a9-932c-b4c6b07b8967
  9. XBOX Gaming App Q&A

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Gaming App Q&A: Why isn't Gran Turismo 7 on XBOX? e937f387-ac3d-4017-8993-ad770adae6f1
  10. Will the sky q 4k cable work in the Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the sky q 4k cable work in the Xbox series s: Does the sky q 4k cable work on Xbox series s 14253e23-3fc8-4e6a-bfb5-aaaad1d443c2