putting a new game on my childs xbox account "game sharing"

Discus and support putting a new game on my childs xbox account "game sharing" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; from what I have read this is a stupid oversight on this whole parental control idea, so if I as the main account buy a game, I cannot allocate it as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by liamsy15, Feb 16, 2021.

1. liamsy15
    liamsy15 Guest

from what I have read this is a stupid oversight on this whole parental control idea, so if I as the main account buy a game, I cannot allocate it as safe for my kids to play on a seperate child account? I ergo have to purchase it on my child account, approve it on my adult account AND pay for it for my child to play? THEN if i want to play it on the adult account I have to sign in to my child account? what bloody sense does that make?

:)

liamsy15, Feb 16, 2021
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

change adult account to child account

you cannot transfer information games/DLC between accounts.

You can share Xbox live gold status with the home xbox feature. Xbox Home Console

Most games can be shared with the exception of some DLC.

I would suggest you create a new account for the child now and just have them start over.

Child accounts
  3. Georges C. Win User

Can I use my game pass on two different xbox consoles in the same house?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jade, you can share your Game Pass subscription that you have in your account.

For this you have to do the Home Console as you yourself described.

Put your account as primary in your child's console, and put their account as primary on your console.

How home Xbox and game sharing work

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

However, to download a Game Pass game, log in with your account, after the download is complete, log out of your account, and your child will be able to play through their account.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to transfer Xbox profile from adult to child account?

You can't downgrade or transfer an adult account to a child account

Your best solution would be to make a new child account and use the home setting feature to share games
  5. Georges C. Win User

Subscription

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Lorraine, putting an active subscription account into a family account will not cause the Game Pass to be shared, as you have two consoles so they can enjoy the subscription is to share between consoles, place child account 01 as primary in child console 02, and place child account 02 as primary in child console 01.

More details in the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Georges C. Win User

Can't Connect Via XBox App

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Hootsmun, by your description has Minecraft in just one account and would like to play with your child correct?

If that's the case, unfortunately it won't be possible, game sharing is only possible on Xbox One consoles, if you try to play on your PC for example and you on another device each account will have to have a license of the game, the fact that you put your child's account in the family does not share the game.

Best regards,

Thema:

1. putting a new game on my childs xbox account "game sharing" - Similar Threads - putting game childs

2. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  3. Can I request a PC version of a redeemed game after putting in the code?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I request a PC version of a redeemed game after putting in the code?: Please help!!! My best friend gifted me MW3 but, be forgot switched to PC and got the xb1 MW3 "Cross Gen" edition. Is it possible to undo the code or trade it in for the PC version??...
  4. I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again: When trying to purchass game pass it says error on our end try again and it won't let me make the purchass 4f902b3f-990a-4d48-8ede-b4d30c09302a
  5. I set a bunch of my child’s restrictions on his xbox so he can play games 18 and up and put...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I set a bunch of my child’s restrictions on his xbox so he can play games 18 and up and put...: Black screen, not working, please help I can show all setting if you need 900b7b96-5cd4-4c99-b1e6-67718b32d3a1
  6. Just received a full suspension, party, chats, even joining a game All for putting out a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just received a full suspension, party, chats, even joining a game All for putting out a...: Went were they told me to go, Xbox Enforcements . Clicked on my case fist strike, zero information about why I was suspended, top it all off no Appeal option. [img]...
  7. Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...: Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift card for Xbox pc that was 29.99 ? 204c71b8-0398-49de-9965-3bff7b4f5495
  8. Launching a game but it puts me back to home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching a game but it puts me back to home: So I've had this issue for a few weeks now and I'm wondering if anyone could help me fix this. So when I launch a game a few seconds later it just sends me back to home. No error code of anything...
  9. i redeemed a code from ea and i put it on my xbox but i got a different game i was supposed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i redeemed a code from ea and i put it on my xbox but i got a different game i was supposed...: i redeemed a code from ea and i put it on my xbox but i got a different game i was supposed to get fc24 closed beta 37ff48c2-0478-4ca3-abad-712aae38468f
  10. i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....

in XBoX Accessibility
    i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....: when my child tries to purchase the pc game pass it keep saying that parental approval is needed, but that they have no way to contact me and there are other ways like asking for it. the whole...