Put in Avoid Me Rep Need Help

Discus and support Put in Avoid Me Rep Need Help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can you guys help my Reputation thing. It says avoid me and i've been doing what the support site says to like play a lot and stuff. Its been months... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GreenArrow469, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Put in Avoid Me Rep Need Help

Can you guys help my Reputation thing. It says avoid me and i've been doing what the support site says to like play a lot and stuff. Its been months and nothing. It might be glitched like stuck in there. Can you guys check it out for me and if possible move
    it up to needs work or good and i'll try to fix it from there? Thanks in advance.

:)

GreenArrow469, Nov 27, 2017
  2. Xbox rep - Avoid me - Help?

If you sign in here you can actually see what types of complaints people are making against you.

https://enforcement.xbox.com

The first thing I would do is check there. If the common complaint is cheating then you are probably just being reported for playing a "non-meta character" that has people upset. The reputation system is designed to be resilient to abuse. So a ton of people just negging you for no reason shouldn't affect your reputation. Of course nothing is immune to issues but you have fallen through 3 levels of less then awesome feedback to get to "avoid me".

My suggestion is that you start using the mute and block functions to avoid playing with people who trigger behaviours that get you reported. If someone's says something nasty or sends you a message, block and report instead of firing back. What is very possible is that you are getting reported by people for saying things that are being provoked by the people who are reporting you.

The Trove thing likely won't work. In the same way they have tools built in to prevent abuse of using negative feedback I'm sure they thought about using games like Destiny or Trove that have hubs to build reputation back up artificially. If Overwatch brings out the worst in you try legitimately playing another game with similar levels of interaction, like Rainbow 6 Siege for a while.

My personal trick is if I want to curse someone out I mute my mic and do it. I don't get reported, I get to curse them out everyone wins. Overwatch and games like it can provoke that feeling but you simply have to find a mature way to deal with it.

As an aside I can't support any conclusion with my experience that the rep system is subject to serious abuse. I play a fair number of games and don't have a single report against me in the last 6 months. I generally find people on Xbox Live to be decent people, to the point that I can remember most of the negative experiences I've had over the last several months because they stand out to me as a rare experience.

Finally I'd have a look at this:
    Microsoft’s Code of Conduct Explained for Xbox Live Customers

This is the code of conduct for Xbox Live, you agreed to it when you signed up and enforcement can be swift and brutal. If your negative communication with others encourages self harm, implies threats or is just generally very unpleasant the next steps will likely involve timed communications or multiplayer bans since your rep is bottomed out.

I don't want to sound preachy, but understanding how the system works, what you agreed to, how you act, and what sort of coping methods you can use are the best way out of this.

SteadyMercury, Nov 27, 2017
  3. JordanG92
    JordanG92 Guest
    Xbox rep - Avoid me - Help?

Hi All,

As you all know the reputation system is flawed.
    I wont lie & say i'm the best player on xbox so i get reported...lets be honest, i have said things i shouldn't have & i'm now a week into avoid me after 10 years of no offences on xbox.

Honestly its because of Overwatch, if anyone plays this game they know it can be toxic but especially at the top 500 level. I hit 101 in EU & i main a character that isn't meta so i get abused all the time & sent messages & the last couple of months iv'e started to reply because i had enough...this was obviously a bad idea.

Can anyone suggest how to get out of avoid me because i cant play anything...apparently people favouriting you & liking your clips helps as well as getting more recent players who don't report you (i have played trove as it gives you about 40 recent players every 30 minutes but its not enough)

Thanks in advance...

JordanG92, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

Doubt it's glitched. Possible though. It helps to play larger games such as battlefield and etc, because you come into contact with more players.

Also, I would appear offline, just in case someone is spamming your account with reports.

5. Geth Win User

Doubt it's glitched. Possible though. It helps to play larger games such as battlefield and etc, because you come into contact with more players.

Also, I would appear offline, just in case someone is spamming your account with reports.
  6. gamerchic1 Win User

Avoid me REP Help!

One thing that I think is helpful is setting expectations and give you another resource to pose your question to, so let me do both. I personally am unfamiliar with the answer to whether time alone and simply not playing would have any effect. As I said
    earlier and as M3tal repeated, playing with a larger pool of players even on free games like Neverwinter was the suggestion that I saw, however have you tried tweeting @XboxSupport and asking them this question? They respond very quickly on Twitter and maybe
    they have more information.

This leads me directly into setting expectations. I really, really want to emphasize here that M3tal and I are Xbox Ambassadors that means that we are fellow players who volunteer our time to help other players but that also means that we don't have access
    to accounts or any way to affect enforcement or situations like that. If we know the answer to a question, we give it or we research it, or if we really can't find it we point you to Xbox staff for more support.

In this situation, we can't change what's happened and we have no access to your profile or account, we can only say what we know from the Xbox Enforcement information that we have and in my case, looking online to find gaming suggestions from other players.
    I encourage you to give @XboxSupport on Twitter a chance and ask them about not playing for a while and see if it would affect rep.
  7. LFC hitman XD Win User

Avoid me REP Help!

Once again stop suggesting that i am the one to blame for not playing according to XBL Rules as i have followed every rule and let me tell you they DO NOT say that I cannot play to the best of my ability every game , as mentioned you keep trying to blame
    me and i Have done nothing except play the game i love and get Bad Rep for it and also fingers pointed at me I AM NOT AT FAULT HERE LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR FOR YOU
  8. gamerchic1 Win User

Avoid me REP Help!

Hi LFC hitman,

I'm sure this situation is very frustrating for you and I'm sorry to hear you feel that your reputation is being attacked unfairly. I just want to make sure that you've looked at all the resources, for example, have you checked your reputation breakdown
    to see the specific complaints here:
    enforcement.xbox.com/home
    that way you at least know what was said.

Secondly, I know M3tal shared the link on improving your reputation and I understand that it's really frustrating to feel you have to do something you don't want to do if you didn't do anything wrong in the first place, but putting that aside for just a
    moment, I did some research online in the reddit community and came upon a thread where other players, including those playing Gears, had similar issues and they too were encouraged by Microsoft to follow the steps for improving their reputation here: enforcement.xbox.com/Home/HowTo#sub-topic0-0
    . One suggestion was playing private matches with friends, no complaints coming from there!

Even really good systems can have a flaws or unfortunately people can abuse a good system. The players on reddit suggested playing games like Neverwinter or Battle Field 4 because you play with much larger pools of people so your ratio of players is better
    for your rep going up.

I definitely understand how unfair a situation like this can seem but I just wanted to share some options so you can get back to gaming enjoyably. I hope you're able to play Gears of War 4 on the Xbox One when it comes out since you're such a dedicated fan!
  9. LFC hitman XD Win User

Avoid me REP Help!

The problem is as mentioned i DO NOT want to play other games I feel like i am beeing forced to do something i DO NOT want to also i pay for this service and that's NOT fair i should be able as a consumer to make my own choice of what I play so does my History
    as a good players over the last 7 plus years not get taken into account as mentioned ive never even been yellow checking my status on the MS page this is the first month ive received complaints and its not about communication its about cheating which mentioned
    i don't do and also i thank you for the Info but this does not answer my question

I am not going to play others game as i do not want to does this mean that my account will not go back to good player if i just leave it for a while and wait will it go back to normal if not i will be FORCED to make another account and that would be really
    sad
Thema:

1. Put in Avoid Me Rep Need Help - Similar Threads - Put Avoid Rep

2. False rep has put me in "Avoid me" for weeks now!!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    False rep has put me in "Avoid me" for weeks now!!!!!: I've been false rep abused a few weeks ago and it put me in the avoid catorgorey. I've waited 3 weeks now and there's no change! I manged to check my reports and there's a large ammount for...
  3. Mistakenly put into the Avoid Me reputation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mistakenly put into the Avoid Me reputation: Greetings Microsoft and others, I have mistakenly been put into the avoid me reputation level by the wrong reason from other users. I have done no physical harm in a while and wanted to make it...
  4. Wrongly Put in Avoid Me Status

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrongly Put in Avoid Me Status: Look, I'm sure thousands of gamers come to these forums every day to complain about how they have been wrongly punished. I'm sure they go on and on about not doing anything while in reality they...
  5. wrongfully put in avoid me

in XBoX on Consoles
    wrongfully put in avoid me: need to be removed so i can actaully play games again, waiting for hours apon hours to find a game online and not finding one at all, been here for around 4 months now and still nothing has...
  6. Put in avoid me for false reports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Put in avoid me for false reports: i got put in avoid me for false reports I checked my reputation and it says I have 4 voice chat reports even though I do not joins voice chat I have 6 message reports even though I do not send...
  7. Very unfair reputation system! (Been put in avoid me!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very unfair reputation system! (Been put in avoid me!): I got the 'avoid player' status about two days ago and it's was totally not warranted. I pretty much inky play Overwatch and I'm pretty sure I only get reported by salty losers who my team beats...
  8. Broken Reputation System Put Me in "Avoid Me"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken Reputation System Put Me in "Avoid Me": The reputation system NEEDS a change. I play a lot of Overwatch competitive on Xbox and a few of the characters that I like to play are Widowmaker, Junkrat, and sometimes Sombra. These...
  9. Xbox live reputation system is garbage you people need to fix this bs getting put in avoid me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live reputation system is garbage you people need to fix this bs getting put in avoid me: F ur rep system and ur non employees that don't make it rite xbox live is going to sh** more and more day by day b4e8bdff-d6a7-406e-aefe-8584772a86a0
  10. I spent a month getting my rep from avoid me to needs work and one stream put me back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spent a month getting my rep from avoid me to needs work and one stream put me back.: No joke I got out avoid me to after a month of grinding games to fix my rep because people click on the stream then report without ever being in my game. It took one month to fix false reports and...