Purchases disabled due to suspicious activity

Discus and support Purchases disabled due to suspicious activity in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; [img] Who do I contact to settle this once and for all? Because this is enraging. I've been a customer for years, and they treat me like this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by ShimmerBolt, Dec 16, 2020.

1. ShimmerBolt
    ShimmerBolt Guest

Purchases disabled due to suspicious activity [​IMG]

Who do I contact to settle this once and for all? Because this is enraging. I've been a customer for years, and they treat me like this?

:)

ShimmerBolt, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Ross_571 Win User

Another account disabled due to "suspicious activity"

Hello Ross, my name is Oskayra and I hope I can help you. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to resolve this issue on your own. Xbox Support has the final say on whether or not an account can be reset. However, there are a few things you can try to increase your chances of having your account reinstated. First, try to provide assistance with more information about the suspicious activity that you believe caused your account to be deactivated. This may include information about the purchases you attempted to make, the number of times you attempted to make them, and any other information you consider relevant. https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/how-to-submit-a-case-review Secondly, try to be patient and respectful with technical support. You may be receiving many similar requests and it is important to be understanding and cooperative. If after following these steps, support still refuses to reset your account, you may need to create a new account. This may be inconvenient, but it is your only option if you cannot resolve the issue with technical support. Here are some additional tips for creating a new Xbox account: 1) Use a strong and unique password. 2) Activate two-factor authentication to increase the security of your account. 3) Keep your contact information up to date. I hope this helps.
    Dear Oskayra,

Thank you for your reply regarding my Xbox account. I understand it's a complicated situation, and Xbox Support has the final decision.

I'm really frustrated, though, because it feels like my experience and concerns are not being taken seriously. Having a background in data and analytics, I know systems sometimes flag accounts incorrectly. What's disappointing here is the lack of personal attention to my case.

The issue likely began with my repeated attempts to make a purchase, which were genuine and not intended to break any rules. A closer examination might reveal that this is just a misunderstanding.

My account is secured with a strong password and two-factor authentication. I am more than willing to provide further details if it helps resolve this matter. Given my long-term use of Xbox, I had hoped for a more considerate review of my situation.

The suggestion to create a new account is there, but honestly, if I have to start anew, I may consider moving to a different gaming platform. It's not just about the hassle; it's about feeling like a valued customer.

After the one call I had with support and the extremely unsatisfactory response, my hope for a reasonable resolution is dwindling. I'm looking for a more empathetic and understanding approach to my issue.

Thanks for your assistance, and I hope I can find a better way forward.

Best,

Ross
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Another account disabled due to "suspicious activity"

Hello Ross, my name is Oskayra and I hope I can help you.

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to resolve this issue on your own. Xbox Support has the final say on whether or not an account can be reset.

However, there are a few things you can try to increase your chances of having your account reinstated.

First, try to provide assistance with more information about the suspicious activity that you believe caused your account to be deactivated. This may include information about the purchases you attempted to make, the number of times you attempted to make them, and any other information you consider relevant.

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/how-to-submit-a-case-review

Secondly, try to be patient and respectful with technical support. You may be receiving many similar requests and it is important to be understanding and cooperative.

If after following these steps, support still refuses to reset your account, you may need to create a new account. This may be inconvenient, but it is your only option if you cannot resolve the issue with technical support.

Here are some additional tips for creating a new Xbox account:

1) Use a strong and unique password.
    2) Activate two-factor authentication to increase the security of your account.
    3) Keep your contact information up to date.

I hope this helps.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Unable to make purchases due to suspicious activity

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In this case, you may need to reply to the email that you received to get more information along with workarounds on what you can possibly do.
  5. VVVChrisWilsonVVV Win User

I did reply to the email and they reopened the case and said they stand by their decision and can’t give me any details of why. Now what?
  6. Francia J. Win User

In this case, there is no information on why only the escalation team that has answers that's why the email is the best option.
Thema:

1. Purchases disabled due to suspicious activity - Similar Threads - Purchases disabled due

2. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  3. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  4. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  5. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  6. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  7. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  8. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  9. Gamepass disabling my purchased games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass disabling my purchased games.: I bought chivalry 2 on launch. And I recently stop paying for game pass. Once I installed the game it insists I have to have gamepass to play. Says I don't have access to multi-player. Yes I own...
  10. How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?: I dunno when they implemented this, but in the last 24 hours I noticed that when I buy something from the store, I immediately get sent a message from Xbox telling me I've earned X number of...