Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help

Discus and support Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Borg Locutus, May 20, 2023.

1. Borg Locutus
    Borg Locutus Guest

MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of the simulator. I do not want a refund, I am trying to give MS even more money. Support agents keep telling me the only option is to get a refund and then buy the correct version. Except MS refuses to issue the refund. MS also refuses to grant me store credit, and now when I call the support phone number they hang up on me.

I filed for a refund right after the purchase, I did not wait for the 30 days to run out. MS gave me the run-around for the last 8 weeks and now it has been longer than 30 days since the initial accidental purchase. Now, instead of telling me they do not issue refunds for digital goods, they tell me it is past the 30 day limit and too late to ask for a refund - even though I first contacted them immediately after purchase and have continued to contact them every week since.

There are no options to upgrade from one version to another in the marketplace, unless you want to pay full price a second time for the same product, and after reading other complaints apparently that is broken too.

I saved an email dated a few days after my purchase, an official response from a MS agent, telling me my refund was granted and that I should see my refund in my account within 5 days. The refund I was promised never came, when I inquire about it, they tell me that digital goods are not eligible for a refund - even though MS had already promised me a refund. OR they tell me I cannot get a refund for something I have already played. Now they tell me it's been longer than 30 days and the item is no longer eligible for a refund. When I remind them that I was already promised a refund and provide them with the case number from that email, they ignore it and deflect the conversation.

Now I cannot reach an agent via telephone, they hang up on me or transfer me to another department which then hangs up on me.

When I file a ticket it is closed with a scripted denial response - they do not even bother to read my tickets.

Microsoft agents all have refused to help resolve this matter, with a smile of course.

I tried again just now to call MS support and guess what - if I call from my landline, it recognizes me and automatically squawks a different response telling me to log into the internet and file a support ticket online - not even allowing me to speak to another human being, and then hangs up on me. A Microsoft robot is ghosting me, go figure.

:)

Borg Locutus, May 20, 2023
  2. Borg Locutus Win User

I've searched the marketplace again and again...

The above information is incorrect, the additional content available only in the top two versions of FS are not offered as optional separate purchases in the marketplace. For example, the Cessna Citation Longitude is not available for purchase in the marketplace store, the Deluxe version and the Deluxe Premium versions both also contain world updates, additional airport graphics, and additional world content which is only available after purchasing the version of MSFS which contains said content - the additional planes and content are not all offered in the marketplace as individual purchases - only offered as Deluxe or Premium Deluxe upgrade packages.

Also, even if that content was offered in the marketplace, it would cost much more to purchase all of that separately then to buy a bundle. It does not make sense to buy 1 plane and no other content for ~$25 in the store when we can buy 5 planes and a ton of other content for less than that in a bundle.

To avoid any confusion, I'd like to add to my original post: I purchased this is for PC - this is not for the Xbox console
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

All of the additional plans in the premium versions of flight simulator are available separately in the in-game store, you can just get them there

The only difference between editions is what it comes with by default
  4. Juhn Jac Win User

Microsoft flight simulator

Hello I have microsoft flight simulator how do I submit to microsoft that I want that they upgrade from standard version to premium deluxe version or how can I submit to get three more aircraft for sim
    Hi darel Tarbuk

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help.

Please see it below.

Check this out: Microsoft Flight Simulator FAQ – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

[table][tr][td]Q: Can I upgrade editions?A: Yes it is possible to purchase Upgrade bundles from the in-game Marketplace, but the most cost-efficient way to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator is to buy the edition you are interested in. If you purchase an upgrade from the Marketplace, it is more advantageous to purchase the Premium Deluxe Upgrade.[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Q: If I buy an Upgrade Pack or an aircraft/airport in the Marketplace, can I continue playing Microsoft Flight Simulator after my Game Pass subscription runs out?Upgrade Packs and additional content do not include the Microsoft Flight Simulator base game. To continue playing Microsoft Flight Simulator you’ll need to purchase a digital copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator standard edition from the Microsoft Store or renew your Game Pass subscription.[/td][/tr][/table]

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  5. XBF - Drew Win User

Question mfs 2020

Hello Hugo,

Hope your day is well. You mentioned you want to transfer Microsoft Flight Simulator to Steam. According to the Microsoft Flight Simulator FAQ, "content is tied to the platform you are playing on—if you purchase a DLC on Steam, you cannot transfer it to the Microsoft Store version and vice-versa."

I hope this answers your question.

6. [Farscape] Win User

Flight Sim 2020 - Play Anywhere

this should answer your question, it is apparently play anywhere title.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...4020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ

Platform and Retail Questions

Q: What platforms will Microsoft Flight Simulator be released on?

A: Our PC release is on August 18, 2020. We will share more information regarding the Xbox release in the future.

Q: Is Microsoft Flight Simulator going to be released on Steam or the Epic Store?

A: Microsoft Flight Simulator is available on Steam. We have no news to share regarding additional versions, but our goal is to have Microsoft Flight Simulator available on as many platforms as possible.

Q: Is a physical retail disc version available?

A: The retail disc version of Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available in Europe only.

Q: What version will be available with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)?

A: The standard edition of “Microsoft Flight Simulator” will be available on Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta).

Q: Will there be a separate achievement list on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC?

A: There will not be a separate achievement list. It will be shared across platforms.

Q: If I buy the simulator for PC will I be able to play on my Xbox when it is released? Is this an Xbox Play Anywhere title?

A: The Play Anywhere is a new initiative by Microsoft to combine platforms of gaming, letting Xbox gamers play on PC with any first-party Microsoft Studios published
    game that is digitally purchased and vice versa. Microsoft Simulator is an XPA title.

Q: Are there multiple editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator for sale?

A: Yes. You can purchase the Standard, Premium, and Deluxe Edition.

Q: Is it required to sign in to a Microsoft Account to play outside of Xbox One and Windows 10?

A: Yes, it is a requirement.
Thema:

1. Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help - Similar Threads - Purchased wrong version

2. Purchased a game for the wrong platform

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased a game for the wrong platform: I purchased a digital copy of a game for xbox instead of pc on accident. I have not redeemed the game code, is there a way to get the right copy? It's an EA game....
  3. I purchased gamepass but it was the wrong one, went to upgrade it and was charged the full...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I purchased gamepass but it was the wrong one, went to upgrade it and was charged the full...: I need to be refunded for the initial membership. 0d33da8e-7768-415e-aa41-dd49d8a055d3
  4. Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong version of minecraft purchased despite picking the correct one: I wanted the normal version of Minecraft Java and bedrock edition for PC but when I purchased it said it costed more than was listed. When I checked my billing history it showed I bought the...
  5. I signed into the wrong account and purchased something

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I signed into the wrong account and purchased something: When I was redeeming my digital code for FC24 it said it was redeemed but then I noticed I was on my Gmail account not my AOL account, and my AOL account is what I use for my Xbox, is there anyway...
  6. Refund on wrong purchase digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund on wrong purchase digital game: I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one eac5b129-f1a4-4256-86b9-acaa60f92eeb
  7. Help trying to purchase a gift card in euros - error message says wrong region

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help trying to purchase a gift card in euros - error message says wrong region: How do you purchase an Xbox gift card in euros as a gift? - I am in the US and my son is in Germany - 1408516c-5242-4fe7-84f6-6f736bd1c712
  8. Why was I given the wrong version of 2K after I purchased my preorder?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was I given the wrong version of 2K after I purchased my preorder?: I pre ordered the 25th anniversary edition of 2K. Yet I have no VC, No nba league pass and when I go to the game it says I own the base version even though I paid $162.02....
  9. If I purchased the wrong version of hogwarts legacy that is not compatible with Xbox 1 do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchased the wrong version of hogwarts legacy that is not compatible with Xbox 1 do I...: If I purchased the wrong version of hogwarts legacy that is not compatible with Xbox 1 do I get charged for it anyway? 41cdb746-a07f-4702-9b5f-5166af299560
  10. Digital code purchase for wrong console type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital code purchase for wrong console type: I recently bought the hogwarts legacy game as a digital code from Best Buy I have an Xbox one and the code was for an X/S and I cannot download the game because it isn’t compatible with my...