Purchased original The Outer Worlds on Windows Store - Now Spacer's Choice DLC will not work

Discus and support Purchased original The Outer Worlds on Windows Store - Now Spacer's Choice DLC will not work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This isn't the first issue I've had when supporting Play Anywhere then transitioning to Ultimate Game Pass. I think the issue stems mainly from the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dvlos, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Dvlos
    Dvlos Guest

Purchased original The Outer Worlds on Windows Store - Now Spacer's Choice DLC will not work

This isn't the first issue I've had when supporting Play Anywhere then transitioning to Ultimate Game Pass.

I think the issue stems mainly from the fact Xbox PC app shows The Outer Worlds as Game Pass version OR the Full Blown option.

However I purchased the original, and the DLC.

Now I should have had the option to buy Spacer's CHoice at a discount (I believe $5?) regardless I bought the version from the Obisidian help page which takes me to Xbox games I also bought it from withing the Game Pass (Xbox) App on Windows 11 (will get a refund for one later I guess)

Neither one works, still showing version 1.5 and I believe Obsidian posted The Outer Worlds SHOULD be at version 2, the game looks the same to me, and the app shows its version 1.5xxx

Supposedly Xbox has Chat 24.7 and phone calls starting at my time on Saturday, but Bzzt! Wrong I can only post to forums. My fault for supporting Play Anywhere and Xbox/PC gaming I guess...

Purchased original The Outer Worlds on Windows Store - Now Spacer's Choice DLC will not work [​IMG]

:)

Dvlos, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Dvlos,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we love to help. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Did you buy all these stuffs from Micrsoft Store?
    2. Are you having issues contacting our real time support to request for a refund?
    3. Have you tried contacting the game developer?

Above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

As we have research, the original version of the game is available on Game Pass, whereas the Spacer's Choice Edition is only available when bought separately.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Dvlos,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. JeremyScruggs Win User

If you've bought the Spacer's Choice DLC from the Microsoft Store, then you'll need to search for the Spacer's Choice edition in order to add it to your library. It should be free to install once the DLC is purchased. To be clear, it is a separate install, enabled by your purchase of the DLC in the regular version.

Here is the link directly to the game on the Microsoft page:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NG2F1Q062VV

To Microsoft: this is not a straightforward process, and no instructions were given about how to actually use the DLC. I only found this out through Reddit. Please update your listing to give proper instructions on how to activate this purchase.
  5. JohnXbox Win User

Why can't I play a digital game I purchased?

On further inspection I can't play my game The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition that I purchased on March 8 either. Yeah...as a loyal Xbox gamer owner of hundreds of digital games I am done buying off the Marketplace until this issue is resolved.
  6. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

XO19 London

Was there any DLC announced for Outer Worlds?
Thema:

1. Purchased original The Outer Worlds on Windows Store - Now Spacer's Choice DLC will not work - Similar Threads - Purchased original Outer

2. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  3. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  4. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  5. Didn't receive 5,000 reward points after my first purchase?

in XboX Insiders
    Didn't receive 5,000 reward points after my first purchase?: I got the mastercard, spent a $11, and It gave me 55 points for that which is the regular amount but it didn't give me 5,000 points for making my first purchase...? I called Barclays Support and...
  6. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  7. Is microsoft complete avaliable for purchase in india?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is microsoft complete avaliable for purchase in india?: Is microsoft complete avaliable for xbox or surface devices in India? 5523ba12-b08f-498d-9ea3-c79fc79f5159
  8. Is Batman Arkam Origin DLC no longer able to be purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Batman Arkam Origin DLC no longer able to be purchased?: I purchased the disc version of Arkham Origins recently and wanted to buy the season pass. Even when accessing the content through the in-game store, the only prompt it shows is just a cancel...
  9. Does anyone know if the Batman Arkham origins season pass is still purchasable on the Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if the Batman Arkham origins season pass is still purchasable on the Xbox 360: Can I buy the Batman Arkham origins season pass on the Xbox 360 store 59aa464c-e8af-42f0-9364-b2388afa1e5f
  10. Was my GTA online info affected by purchasing GTA after originally gamesharing it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Was my GTA online info affected by purchasing GTA after originally gamesharing it?: So, I bought an series s a few months ago, and did not have plans to purchase a lot of games or gold as I didn’t plan to use it much. I ended up having a friend who gave me his gameshare for gold...