Purchased game not working after cancelling GamePass

Discus and support Purchased game not working after cancelling GamePass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft a few years ago on my Microsoft account. I’ve played it in my PC, my Xbox one and currently my Xbox series X. I got GamePass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CarinaCallaghan, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Purchased game not working after cancelling GamePass

I purchased Minecraft a few years ago on my Microsoft account. I’ve played it in my PC, my Xbox one and currently my Xbox series X. I got GamePass sometime last year but I haven’t been using it so I have cancelled my subscription. Now my Minecraft will not work without GamePass even though I own the game. If I go to the Microsoft Store it does not state that I own the game but instead gives me the option to purchase it again. Please help

:)

CarinaCallaghan, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

May I ask what is the exact prompt that you're getting? Because it may be asking you for an Xbox Live Gold subscription which is required to play an online multiplayer game.

Also, can you please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and check if you can see the game order from there stated as "completed".
  3. H3PA80R Win User

Games Pass Questions & Concerns

As long as your gamepass is active, games that are in the gamepass will run in that section. If you purchased the game seperatly it will work after your subscription is not longer active. Stuff you bought with the discount is your to keep and will work
    afterwards too. The only thing you cant use anymore after your subscription is canceled are games you dont purchased and the discounts you get for the addons or games. So dont worry about the games and dlc you already bought. Hope that answers your questions.
  4. crazydude1965 Win User

Game pass issue

Sorry about your issue friend i think if you delete game go to store and redownload purchase as long as it wasnt a addon you should find the game might work i think you just need to remove the gamepass association if youve cancelled gamepass
  5. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

Xbox Game Pass With Pre Order

Also to add on , the gamepass would be a code that would most likely be released after the game came out to prevent people from pre ordering and then canceling after the get the gamepass code
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

You purchased gamepass and then canceled your Xbox live. Now you want to cancel gamepass so then when the subscription times run out you will no londer have either gamepass or live. You canceled both.

I do not see any store refunding you for a subscription you bought, activated then canceled.
Thema:

1. Purchased game not working after cancelling GamePass - Similar Threads - Purchased game working

2. I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...: My son was incorrectly charged for vbucks in December, I’ve been waiting since then for a refund. It has been excepted but I can’t find anywhere to discuss this as surely it should of been...
  3. I made a purchase for a Ad on for a game TWICE. Still isnt working. What should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I made a purchase for a Ad on for a game TWICE. Still isnt working. What should I do?: I made a purchase for a Ad on for a game TWICE. Still isnt working. What should I do??? fc831fdf-f59b-4856-9ad2-c83e328d6300
  4. Forza Motorsport DLC in-game purchases not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport DLC in-game purchases not working: I recently purchased the Forza Motorsport (2023) welcome pack. However, when I bought it, nothing was given to me, unless they have put the rewards in a place that I cannot find. I have checked...
  5. Xbox cloud gaming , game pass purchased but not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox cloud gaming , game pass purchased but not working: hey there , i bought game pass ultimate for cloud gaming , and now it’s not showing that i don’t have it , and that i need to switch reigons, i have done i few reigons i think i would she used but...
  6. Forza 5 Premium purchased due to quitting Game Pass BUT it is not fully working (see below):

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 5 Premium purchased due to quitting Game Pass BUT it is not fully working (see below):: Hi. I am about to quit Game Pass so purchased Forza 5 Premium Edition (verified). Xbox app shows game as 'Owned' but Store wants me to puchase so cannot instal. Using Game Pass edition it uploaded...
  7. Will purchasing a game code abroad work back at home?

in XboX Insiders
    Will purchasing a game code abroad work back at home?: I am currently on vacation in France and might purchase an Xbox game code from Amazon France. Will this game code work if I redeem it back at home or not? Are game codes region locked? Note:...
  8. Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?: Yesterday I bought NBA 2k 23 on my console Xbox one s and in the game it was marked that it is for x/s and it doesn't work please if any member of the team can help contact me cause I feel bad for...
  9. I purchased diablo 4 but when I try to game share on my other account it doesn't work...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I purchased diablo 4 but when I try to game share on my other account it doesn't work...: I purchased diablo 4 but when I try to game share on my other account it doesn't work unless the main account stays signed in after the full release. 568cc5b3-6ade-4082-95eb-7e2943818d70
  10. Game purchased on Xbox doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game purchased on Xbox doesn’t work: I purchased MLB 23 the show and it doesn’t let me play anything it says it’s not connected and we are connected I don’t think the game works 91b0e8ca-198f-4431-ab23-f008ddacec84