Purchased Flight Simulator via digital code from target - can't play locally on Xbox

Discus and support Purchased Flight Simulator via digital code from target - can't play locally on Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased the Standard edition of Flight Simulator online from Target this past weekend, redeemed the code, installed it and noticed there's a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NYC_Steeler, Nov 29, 2022.

1. NYC_Steeler
    NYC_Steeler Guest

Purchased Flight Simulator via digital code from target - can't play locally on Xbox

I purchased the Standard edition of Flight Simulator online from Target this past weekend, redeemed the code, installed it and noticed there's a "cloud" icon associated to it, and when I tried to play it, it tells me I can view it in the Microsoft Store and that I need Game Pass Ultimate in order to play it. I have absolutely no intention of purchasing GPU as I am not a big gamer - I currently have Xbox Live Gold as my kids used to play the online games from time to time (which they don't anymore) and it's set to expire within a few months. How can I locally install Flight Simulator so that I can play it without GPU?

:)

NYC_Steeler, Nov 29, 2022
  2. NYC_Steeler Win User

Thanks for the reply - yes, I was able to figure it out after I posted the question - should've had my coffee first. I have a One S and FS will only play on the Series S/X. I just ordered the S - should be here tomorrow. Thanks for your help! Happy Holidays!
  3. Smwutches Win User

What console do you have? Flight Simulator will only work for the Xbox Series S/X. If you have an Xbox One, the only way to play it is through the cloud which requires a Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Flight Simulator Product Key

No. Once you redeem a code there is no way to deactivate it or return it. However, Flight Simulator is a Play Anywhere title, so buying it digitally for Xbox also allows you to redownload it on PC without having to purchase it again. So as long as you sign in with the same account on the PC, you can install it from the Microsoft Store.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Account

I'm not sure who Pam is, but Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is what you would install on the Series S. The Series S is a digital only console, so you would purchase the game from either xbox.com, the Xbox store, or as a code from another retailer to redeem through Xbox.
  6. Juhn Jac Win User

Microsoft flight simulator

Hello I have microsoft flight simulator how do I submit to microsoft that I want that they upgrade from standard version to premium deluxe version or how can I submit to get three more aircraft for sim
    Hi darel Tarbuk

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help.

Please see it below.

Check this out: Microsoft Flight Simulator FAQ – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

[table][tr][td]Q: Can I upgrade editions?A: Yes it is possible to purchase Upgrade bundles from the in-game Marketplace, but the most cost-efficient way to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator is to buy the edition you are interested in. If you purchase an upgrade from the Marketplace, it is more advantageous to purchase the Premium Deluxe Upgrade.[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Q: If I buy an Upgrade Pack or an aircraft/airport in the Marketplace, can I continue playing Microsoft Flight Simulator after my Game Pass subscription runs out?Upgrade Packs and additional content do not include the Microsoft Flight Simulator base game. To continue playing Microsoft Flight Simulator you’ll need to purchase a digital copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator standard edition from the Microsoft Store or renew your Game Pass subscription.[/td][/tr][/table]

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
Thema:

1. Purchased Flight Simulator via digital code from target - can't play locally on Xbox - Similar Threads - Purchased Flight Simulator

2. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  3. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  4. Purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe From Gamestop and Activation Key Does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe From Gamestop and Activation Key Does...: Purchased a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe from GameStop as a gift for my son. Attempted to download the the product from Steam. Upon trying to enter the activation key received...
  5. Can I get a refund for a plane that I purchased on flight simulator as it’s not working on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund for a plane that I purchased on flight simulator as it’s not working on...: Hi, I purchased the 737-900 on flight simulator for my xbox x. When I use the throttle to take off the speed counter goes back to zero straight away, I’ve tried many ways of correcting it and...
  6. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  7. PC version purchased Flight Simulator on XBOX Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC version purchased Flight Simulator on XBOX Series X: Hi everyone, I bought the PC version of Microsoft Flight Simulator through the Windows store, so if I got an XBOX Series X console do I have it available for free? Thanks...
  8. re-download of flight simulator purchased in microsoft store 8/2020 now asks for cd to run

in XBoX Games and Apps
    re-download of flight simulator purchased in microsoft store 8/2020 now asks for cd to run: my flight simulator i purchased in august 2020 has worked fine until a few days ago, tried all the recommended fixes online but still wouldn't finish loading, gets to about 70% then fails, even in...
  9. Do I have to purchase Xbox Live to play Microsoft Flight Simulator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to purchase Xbox Live to play Microsoft Flight Simulator?: Would I need to purchase Xbox Live to play Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox Series S? 5788a0a9-819b-4eba-826d-901e62ade6db
  10. Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help: MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of the simulator. I do not want a refund, I am...