Purchased EA Play, and still wasn't able to play online?

Discus and support Purchased EA Play, and still wasn't able to play online? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Recently repurchased XBox Gamepass for 6 months in order to carry on my Online Fifa career and all other games with Game Pass. Only to realise my error... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by NserekoWes, Jul 5, 2021.

1. NserekoWes
    NserekoWes Guest

Recently repurchased XBox Gamepass for 6 months in order to carry on my Online Fifa career and all other games with Game Pass. Only to realise my error that you need to purchase EA Play/Access also? Was I correct in thinking this? so I purchased this also £19.99 for the year, I thought that would be all but then when trying to play an EA Title online for the next hour it just re-directed me to the "Purchase Ultimate Game Pass" Page, I tried UFC, All FIFAs, Battlefield with same error but when checking my subscriptions EA Play and game Pass was ACTIVE! out of frustration I gave in and purchased Ultimate Game Pass also for £10.99, what has gone on here is this error? or something the casual gamer should know about?

:)

NserekoWes, Jul 5, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

In order to play online, you need a Gold subscription. So you would have originally need to purchase a Gold subscription, not EA Play, or Game Pass Ultimate which includes both Game Pass and Gold.
  3. nasssss001 Win User

Big problem related to child accounts and online gaming, pls help.

Also, just to note, that restriction is from EA themselves. You should still be able to play online with other games through the child account.
    Unluckily it's not only from EA, I previously tried other games too ("The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel" for example) to check if the problem was only because of EA restrictions, but it wasn't.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

MedalofHonor multiplayer dows not work

You still need a Xbox Live Gold account to play online, EA games or not. EA online pass codes are included in new EA games to allow you purchase extra online content, it doesn't allow you play online on Live without a Gold account.

See below taken from EA's Online Pass FAQ.

http://www.easports.com/onlinepass

What online features will work if I don’t subscribe to Xbox LIVE Gold?

You will be able to enjoy all the offline content of your game and will be able to download other items from the in-game store. You will be unable to play multiplayer online game modes or use your downloaded content in online game modes.
  5. RuthlesBurgher Win User

Madden 25 EA Servers Unavailable for 2nd straight day??

But now my friends are still able to play online on Madden 25 but I still can't.

Do EA's servers segregate or something?? lol
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

16 monthly charge

If his subscription is Xbox Live Gold, then cancelling the subscription will not affect Fortnite, as he will still be able to play that game online.

If however he has Game Pass or EA Play, then cancelling the subscription will stop him being able to play the games that are included in the subscription.
Thema:

1. Purchased EA Play, and still wasn't able to play online? - Similar Threads - Purchased Play still

2. i was playing gta 5 using xcloud on my mac (windows 10 pro) and i have also purchased it....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i was playing gta 5 using xcloud on my mac (windows 10 pro) and i have also purchased it....: i was playing gta 5 using xcloud on my mac (windows 10 pro) and i have also purchased it. how can i install it or run it using xcloud? 0fd8e2a6-a840-464e-8fe1-160056b9359d
  3. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  4. Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play.: I’ve transferred one of my sons Xbox profiles to a new Xbox one s console. Some content is showing as purchased but when he tries to play it, it says he needs to purchase it in the store. When...
  5. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  6. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  7. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  8. How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?: So I purchased the Forza Horizon 5 Xbox series X edition for Christmas. My fiance went through full set up yesterday and enjoyed playing his game! I was also kind of excited to play around with...
  9. I have purchased a d played diablo 4 this year. I uninstalled it recently and now want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased a d played diablo 4 this year. I uninstalled it recently and now want to...: As the title says. I have digitally bought and played diablo 4 this year. I completed it. I uninstalled as I wasn't using and now wish to return. The Microsoft store is asking me to pay again?!...
  10. If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console...: If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console Xbox series x ? Or do I have to buy the game from Xbox series x. I’m currently on Xbox one Would...