Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

Discus and support Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jimbo9500, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Jimbo9500
    Jimbo9500 Guest

Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this?

:)

Jimbo9500, Apr 3, 2024
  2. SpyShadow Win User

Should I install xbox 360 and xbox one games and update each game later

If you want to play a game without the disc make sure you a purchasing a digital download online from the Microsoft store instead of purchasing a disc. This buys the game and allows you to internally download it directly to your hard drive on your console.
    Most retail games with be disc format, occasionally you can find some digital purchases at the retail store by buying a digital copy of it on a gift-like card that allows you to redeem the code online.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

How to get Minecraft with Microsoft reward

If you have enough Microsoft reward points, then you need to redeem the reward points for Xbox/Microsoft Gift Cards on the redeem page of Microsoft rewards. Then once the gift card codes have been emailed to you, then you can redeem those gift card codes on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem Once you have enough money from the Xbox Gift Cards, you can then purchase Minecraft from the Microsoft Store or Xbox Store (depending on which version you want).
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Pre ordering Series X with gift cards

This page covers most of those details. Check the FAQ at the bottom.

The important parts would be

"Do gift cards expire?

No, gift cards purchased at retail never expire. Note that promotional gift cards like those from Microsoft Rewards or Xbox Live Rewards do expire."

"What is the difference between a Microsoft Gift Card and an Xbox Gift Card?

The cards work just the same. Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, you can spend your balance at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox."

"Where can I spend a gift card?

Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, your gift card balance is available to spend when you shop at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. Gift cards do not currently work at physical Microsoft Stores."

Should cover you. One thing I'm not certain with is if "gift cards" can be used to pre-order physical goods. Might want to check with Microsoft Store support on that?
  5. AdamTalatinick Win User

Microsoft Store Gift Card? Stores closing where can i redeem?

Unfortunately this card only has a 16 digit code on the back. It also states that it is only for making purchases at Microsoft retail locations and is not redeemable for purchases online? So am I stuck with $150 of Microsoft Store gift cards?
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox gift cards soon?

Points cards will work the exact same way as the upcoming gift cards work until "further notice". They're the same thing essentially.

What happens to Microsoft Points cards?

Xbox gift cards will be available for purchase in retail stores and through online retailers starting in late 2013. Microsoft Points cards you purchase in retail stores will continue to be redeemable on your console and Xbox.com until further notice. Microsoft
    has no plans to discontinue acceptance of previously purchased Microsoft Points cards and codes.
    Source: http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/billi...ccount-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq
Thema:

1. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store... - Similar Threads - Purchased gift card

2. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  3. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  4. My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases: My account was hacked and they bought three gift cards before I locked my card. 2 $10 gift cards and 1 $15 gift card. I need my money back. Order numbers: [mod removed]...
  5. Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern...: Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern Warfare - in game currency) for my son and have been unsuccessful in retrieving the coins for him to use. I...
  6. Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?: I bought a Minecraft minecoins gift card through GameStop. When I try to redeem the code, it says it’s either already redeemed or invalid. I called GameStop who advised I reach out here. I am...
  7. Purchased a xbox gift card typed in all info loaded and says complete details but no...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a xbox gift card typed in all info loaded and says complete details but no...: Purchased a xbox gift card typed in all info loaded and says complete details but no points/money received this was for gta. bf9d4a06-bc4a-46a4-9508-74ad569c4ea0
  8. Purchase Minecraft for Mac using Microsoft gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase Minecraft for Mac using Microsoft gift card: I want to get Minecraft for my Mac and I have Microsoft gift cards available. Is there any way to get the Minecraft using the Microsoft gift card? What if I get Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition...
  9. I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...: I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance owing, but apparently it was for an Xbox X/S series where I have an Xbox One S, So I can't get the GTA$$$$...
  10. I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...: I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY REDEEMED. WHICH I HAVEN'T PURCHASED ANYTHING WITH IT. I HAVE LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT FOR PURCHASES AND IT HAS...