Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny 2 at all

Discus and support Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny 2 at all in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought destiny 2 with the season pass, afterwards i preordered the new dlc forsaken but the purchase failed and i didnt get a refund it say i have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZonalCylinder55, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny 2 at all

I bought destiny 2 with the season pass, afterwards i preordered the new dlc forsaken but the purchase failed and i didnt get a refund it say i have to update my payment system, even worse i cant play destiny at all when i try to start it up it just gives
    me error code 0x803f8007 and i cant play the game at all i have the base game installed and payed for pls help. Gamer tag

:)

ZonalCylinder55, Sep 1, 2018
  2. Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny at all

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you are having problems regarding your purchase.

If the purchase has failed and you can not see it at commerce.microsoft.com then the funds will be back in your account/credit card within 24 work day hours.

If not within this time period, then you will have to contact xbox support directly at support.xbox.com > contact us to sort this out.

Now regarding why your game is not launching, it most likely has nothing to do with the purchase failing as if it did it would have given an error saying that you need to purchase the game.

Try a hard reset on your console and your game might start working again. if not reply to this post so we can help more with troubleshooting it.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

shadow of arman, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny at all

I bought destiny 2 with the season pass, afterwards i preordered the new dlc forsaken but the purchase failed and i didnt get a refund it say i have to update my payment system, even worse i cant play destiny at all when i try to start it up it just gives
    me error code 0x803f8007 and i cant play the game at all i have the base game installed and payed for pls help. Gamer tag

ZonalCylinder55, Sep 1, 2018
  4. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest

Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny 2 at all

CrazY1985, Sep 1, 2018
  5. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    ZonalCylinder55,

The reason your base game doesn't work is because when you preordered the expansion fits over your base game when you get the pre order license. So when the developer takes the payment 10 days before the game launches, if you don't have the funds in your
    account then, the PAYMENT for your preorder will fail and it will revoke the license from you after it was attached to your standard game. Go to: settings> account> payment and billing> check your order history. If the payment failed you should
    be able to just re purchase Forsaken from the store and that will fix it all. If it doesn't let you, you have to

Contact Us

XBF Aaron G, Nov 3, 2018
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

Get in touch with official support for this .

Http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  7. XBF Aaron G Win User

ZonalCylinder55,

The reason your base game doesn't work is because when you preordered the expansion fits over your base game when you get the pre order license. So when the developer takes the payment 10 days before the game launches, if you don't have the funds in your
    account then, the PAYMENT for your preorder will fail and it will revoke the license from you after it was attached to your standard game. Go to: settings> account> payment and billing> check your order history. If the payment failed you should
    be able to just re purchase Forsaken from the store and that will fix it all. If it doesn't let you, you have to

Contact Us
  8. shadow of arman Win User

Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny at all

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you are having problems regarding your purchase.

If the purchase has failed and you can not see it at commerce.microsoft.com then the funds will be back in your account/credit card within 24 work day hours.

If not within this time period, then you will have to contact xbox support directly at support.xbox.com > contact us to sort this out.

Now regarding why your game is not launching, it most likely has nothing to do with the purchase failing as if it did it would have given an error saying that you need to purchase the game.

Try a hard reset on your console and your game might start working again. if not reply to this post so we can help more with troubleshooting it.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck!
  9. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Punch cards

Thats kind of like the situation with destiny 2. All those people who preorder deluxe editions, bought all the dlc and now the game is free to play along with some of the dlc. Plus if you are a new player you get leveled up to be equal to everyone else.
  10. MuscleFX Win User

DESTINY 2 + expansions on 2 consoles in same home?

No you can gameshare Destiny 1 and 2 expansions including Taken King now. I have Destiny 1 and 2 with all available DLc for both games and gameshare it with my brother. He has no issues playing the expansions for both games.

Now what you cant do is the referred a friend quest on both games if you gameshare. In order to do this quest both parties have to own a license to the game.
    Thanks for sharing this info. You seem to know about Destiny and gameshare, which is the exact info I need.

So, I currently have Destiny 1 & 2, and all expansions including Destiny 2: Forsaken - Digital Deluxe Edition.

What should I buy next???
Thema:

1. Purchased a preorder dlc for destiny 2 but it failed now i cant play destiny 2 at all - Similar Threads - Purchased preorder dlc

2. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  3. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  4. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  5. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  6. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  7. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  8. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  9. Why was I given the wrong version of 2K after I purchased my preorder?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was I given the wrong version of 2K after I purchased my preorder?: I pre ordered the 25th anniversary edition of 2K. Yet I have no VC, No nba league pass and when I go to the game it says I own the base version even though I paid $162.02....
  10. Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...: Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the store doesn't accept Microsoft points. Is there something wrong or do I have to wait until the game...