"PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your...

Discus and support "PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your... in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have been run all around the Microsoft support team with this issue. I have not been able to purchase anything at all with my account. All I want is... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by AndyFrostX, Jul 21, 2021.

1. AndyFrostX
    AndyFrostX Guest

"PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your...

I have been run all around the Microsoft support team with this issue. I have not been able to purchase anything at all with my account. All I want is to buy a couple of design lab controllers. I have an account balance of almost $500 that has been there since last November & I have been able to purchase games on Xbox but now my account suddenly won't let me buy anything at all on the web-store. If I cannot spend that money then why can't I have it back? But honestly, I just want my controllers. I have been trying to buy them since the design lab has been back online with no luck. I also tried to purchase other things & it won't let me buy them either. It also won't let me use my credit card or my PayPal account to buy anything. It's like all of a sudden there is some kind of lock on my ability to purchase things. I have been trying to get Microsoft to fix this issue for at least a month now with no results. I'm sick of waiting. I have been on the phone for probably, no exaggeration is a collective amount of 10 hours or more. It is so beyond ridiculous at this point. I have tried literally everything the support team has told me. I removed my other accounts from my family, I tried several different browsers & incognito mode, I removed & re-added payment methods. I'm at a complete loss here. If they won't let me spend the money that I've already given them then I want it back!

:)

AndyFrostX, Jul 21, 2021
  2. MarkCox9 Win User

PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing

I want to clarify that Minecoins are purchased in-game through the Minecraft Marketplace and are not purchasable through the Microsoft Store. You can only redeem codes for Minecoins in the Microsoft Store.

I suggest following the steps on the following page for an alternative to add money to your child's account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account
    No, the Minecraft Store redirects the user to the Microsoft Store.

The parent gets the email request for permission from the Microsoft Store not the Minecraft Store.

Following the above steps I get this also error PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing regardless of whether I try and add money via a desktop browser or mobile phone browser.

This is for Minecraft on the PC & there is no avoiding the Microsoft Store which cannot cope with online payments.
  3. yequene Win User

I have had the same issue since July 2019, before that I was able to add money to my child without problem.

In my case I'm trying to add money to my child's account so he can buy V-Bucks for Fornite in the XBox, but judging by what I've found in the forum, several other people have experience the same,

The issue is basically trying to add money from the parent account to the child account and getting an error "PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing".

I tried adding the money by redeeming a gift card, but I get a similar error saying something about an address.

I reviewed both my profile and my kid's but they look ok (today the support person also told me he sees the profiles look fine).

I've contacted support 3 times since July, and they were able to help me redeem the gift card (after several steps to confirm I purchased it), but that's a workaround. I was hoping some tech guy at Microsoft would've looked into this by now to let
    everyone who is affected by this what specifically is causing the problem (i.e. there is an extra space in the City field of the Billing Address who is causing this error), so we can all correct it and move on.

We are all trying to add money so our kids can spend it on the Microsoft platforms, and we can't even do that for God's sake!!!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Troy,

Welcome to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to try and help here.

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to add 10$ to your child's Microsoft Account to purchase Minecoins, is that correct? When exactly does that error occur?

I want to clarify that Minecoins are purchased in-game through the Minecraft Marketplace and are not purchasable through the Microsoft Store. You can only redeem codes for Minecoins in the Microsoft Store. What device does your child use to play Minecraft?
    I'm not entirely sure what payment options they give you in-game when trying to purchase Minecoins but if you log in to a Microsoft Account when playing Minecraft, the purchases you make in-game are saved to the account.

I suggest following the steps on the following page for an alternative to add money to your child's account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account

I hope this helps!
  5. AndyFrostX Win User

"PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your order" followed by random error code when trying to select payment method in Microsoft Store via web browser

How many more times do you think this will take? 3? 4? 5? I'm so tired of being given the runaround for hours on end. I just want someone, ANYONE to fix my account. I've never been treated so poorly by Microsoft customer service. I just want the problem fixed, or my money that I spent into this account back. It's like you people just don't care.
  6. AndyFrostX Win User

"PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your order" followed by random error code when trying to select payment method in Microsoft Store via web browser

Hi Muhammad,

I have been run around by the Microsoft support team on & off for collectively about 10 or more hours, maybe more. I'm not even kidding. People end up telling me they'll call me back the next day & never do. I never get email updates from them. Never get chat transcripts or any new case numbers or names of who I'm talking to. I keep getting cut off & having to start all the way over with a new agent. It's awful. Idk why the service has gotten so terrible, it hasn't always been this bad. I need answers & I'm not getting them. I checked again today & suddenly now it'll only let me look at my cart. It tells me the "Oops, there was a problem" whenever I attempt to go to the checkout page. I'm so mad about all this. They're holding my money hostage! I want my money back or I want the problem fixed. I have been so patient about all of this, it's totally beyond being ridiculous at this point. I feel like I can't even light a fire under anyone to get to work on it because I can't ever get anyone to stay on the phone with me. They all tell me to do the same stuff & it never works.
Thema:

1. "PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing" "There was a problem setting the payment method for your... - Similar Threads - PUR PrerequisiteProfileMissing was

2. PUR-CsvDepositLimitExceeded 85i3tyx5iU6NlzIf.20.71 what does this mean ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    PUR-CsvDepositLimitExceeded 85i3tyx5iU6NlzIf.20.71 what does this mean ?: PUR-CsvDepositLimitExceeded 85i3tyx5iU6NlzIf.20.71 What does this mean ? d226af43-8fb5-400f-bac0-6a87abb11f7d
  3. Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent: It appears there are other threads where this issue took place and, unfortunately, those issues were not resolved. I received 3 sets of minecoins of 350 apiece and the first two went through no...
  4. I added my debit card for pc gamepass but it's error pur processor declined means please...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I added my debit card for pc gamepass but it's error pur processor declined means please...: What is means of pur processor declined 61ea4b94-4605-460b-a6f4-e96a7b66422c
  5. PUR-TransactionNotAllowed ZheR8tCD2E+3Jw+MdkUTkg.133.1.8.5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PUR-TransactionNotAllowed ZheR8tCD2E+3Jw+MdkUTkg.133.1.8.5: I'm trying to buy the Gamepass, I have more than enough money on my card but I get this error. 3e740685-1ec1-49c9-b4ea-a3275b255033
  6. Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent: I purchased 2x 3000 minecoin gift cards from a partner reseller for my son's account. The first card redeems fine using http://redeem.microsoft.com (signed into the correct account.) The second...
  7. I cannot fix this PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot fix this PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch: Hello i tried to buy 1 month card from the store and i cannot claim it to this error PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch The country where i bought the code is the same as the one set...
  8. Why it is showing like this PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent t6q40Li88ZRzTYkiVF/DsL.1051...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why it is showing like this PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent t6q40Li88ZRzTYkiVF/DsL.1051...: Hi I am a new user to Xbox and wanted to knew about the new games . Then, after searching a bit i saw most of the games are paid which couldn't afford and started downloading free games first i...
  9. Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent mJMM2t5WG0SEGV1X.30.37

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem Minecoins - get message: PUR-UserAlreadyOwnsContent mJMM2t5WG0SEGV1X.30.37: I purchased three Minecoin gift cards for my little boy for his birthday (3500 coins each). i entered the first code to redeem them and it worked just fine and shows 3500 coins on his account. i...
  10. PUR-TransactionNotAllowed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PUR-TransactionNotAllowed: Hi, I am trying to join game pass ultimate from Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favourite Game | Xbox but everytime I am trying to subscribe it show me this error...