Puerto Rico Shows Up as A Different Currency even though It's USD How do i fix it?

Discus and support Puerto Rico Shows Up as A Different Currency even though It's USD How do i fix it? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] So a while back (maybe a few months) i bought a 90$ Xbox Gift card. i had my account set to the island of puerto rico at the time and i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Soul Sonic, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Soul Sonic
    Soul Sonic Guest

Puerto Rico Shows Up as A Different Currency even though It's USD How do i fix it?

Puerto Rico Shows Up as A Different Currency even though It's USD How do i fix it? [​IMG]

So a while back (maybe a few months) i bought a 90$ Xbox Gift card. i had my account set to the island of puerto rico at the time and i redeemed it. it says its a separate currency from the regular one even though puerto rico is an american island and it has the same usd, so i can't use that money on the microsoft store. how do i fix this?

:)

Soul Sonic, Sep 15, 2023
  2. isaiahcoffalot Win User

Unfortunately this is a public forum so we don’t have access to your account to rectify this issue.
    Please try to repeat those steps. As above this is region locked and should display for you after the change.

Kind regards Isaac.
  3. ReeceLad Win User

Hi Soul S

Although the currency is the same, it is mapped to a different region.

Account balances are linked to the regions in which it was redeemed.

If you were to use this credit, you would have to switch the store back to that region to use it.
  4. Soul Sonic Win User

Already changed back to the previous region (Puerto Rico) but when i hit the purchase screen but the 90$ still doesn't appear. i've tried many times as well. On My Laptop, My Phone, My Xbox Series X, And S, even my Xbox 360 and still nothing.
  5. Kevin Muniz Win User

Cant access the money I redeemed on my account

Hello, it seems that my Microsoft account location is Puerto Rico and my Xbox console account is United States. The currency is the US dollar as Puerto Rico is part of the United States. How can I fix this and have access to those 50 dollars?
  6. RockaEric Win User

What to do in this situation

Redeeming Xbox currency cards has never been an issue in Puerto Rico. Since the island is part of the US and uses the same currency these cards could be redeemed using the app, console, webpage or phone without having any issues. Just recently I saw that when redeeming a gift card, the word Puerto Rico shows up before pressing the ok button. I’ve been a Xbox user for over 15 years and have bought numerous Microsoft point cards, membership or gift credit cards and never experienced this issue.

A couple of months ago I redeemed over $200 worth of Xbox gift cards and now they are stuck in a weird Puerto Rico currency which there is no store. When I try to buy something it automatically takes me to the US Store. People love to reply to these messages saying that you can only buy things from your regions store. Well the Puerto Rico region store is the US Store. And the Puerto Rico Currency is the US currency.

I spoken to multiple Microsoft Help Center employees and they simply don’t know how to fix this. The main problem is that the issue is not being elevated high enough in order to get some actual technical help.

I’m glad the these forums are showing multiple people experiencing the same issue so Microsoft can help

And solve this problem for us. We are talking actual money being lost for what is very likely a system error for the Puerto Rico region.
Thema:

1. Puerto Rico Shows Up as A Different Currency even though It's USD How do i fix it? - Similar Threads - Puerto Rico Shows

2. Is puerto rico a supported country for sweepstakes?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is puerto rico a supported country for sweepstakes?: I can't find any information on this anywhere like am I even eligible if I try to enter? 81f4aadb-38ae-4e87-9664-23323e09a90e
  3. Microsoft Rewards not available in Puerto Rico

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards not available in Puerto Rico: Why Microsoft rewards points not available yet in Puerto Rico? Are there any plan to include Puerto Rico in Microsoft Rewards? 4c8c5eba-4f7a-4c41-9704-f40185caa5c9
  4. Microsoft rewards not available in Puerto Rico

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft rewards not available in Puerto Rico: My friend told me about Microsoft rewards so I downloaded the app to find out it’s not available on my region even tho my friend lives 5 minutes away from me. Am I doing something wrong?...
  5. i cannot buy games when the region is set to Puerto rico, why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot buy games when the region is set to Puerto rico, why is that?: i cannot buy games with the region set to Puerto rico and i also tried it on my phone, laptop, desktop and tablet but it keeps saying PUR authentication failure. I have two different payment...
  6. Can Puerto Rico be included in Microsoft Rewards once again?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can Puerto Rico be included in Microsoft Rewards once again?: Why has Puerto Rico been Excluded from the Microsoft Rewards Program. We used to be part of Xbox Rewards, but know that the program became MS Rewards we have been eliminated from participation....
  7. Play-A-Thon Not Available on Puerto Rico

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Play-A-Thon Not Available on Puerto Rico: Why isn't the play-a-thon available to Puerto Rico residents? All other promotions have been. 45cc0754-a9ab-4738-8fe4-c94f334d305a
  8. Xbox game pass digital code purchased online doesn't work for Puerto Rico

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass digital code purchased online doesn't work for Puerto Rico: Yesterday I purchased a digital code for a 6 month Xbox game pass membership through Amazon. When I tried to enter the code, the system said " Contact the seller to get a code that works in your...
  9. Can't add payment method because Puerto Rico dont appear as a state or country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add payment method because Puerto Rico dont appear as a state or country: I am trying to add a credit card to buy the Gold membership but when it ask about state but Puerto Rico do not appear as an option. Also, I tried to change my country in the settings (Location)...
  10. Hi! When i get at the end when im updating my credit card info puerto rico doesnt show up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi! When i get at the end when im updating my credit card info puerto rico doesnt show up: Ok, i was updating my credit card and when you get to the end it says to pick the state i live in but the thing is i live in puerto rico and although puerto rico is not a state, its considered...