Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?!

Discus and support Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm posting this everywhere cause I can't find this issue anyway else and I need a solution. Been playing Psychonauts 2 though the PC gamepass for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NathanDoodles, Aug 26, 2021.

  1. Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?!


    I'm posting this everywhere cause I can't find this issue anyway else and I need a solution.

    Been playing Psychonauts 2 though the PC gamepass for about 5 hours, this is my first time installing and using game pass.

    About 5 hours in the game started acting very strange. I was in an area id been to before but the game was acting like I hadn't; collectables were back, all my powers were gone and it was tutorialzing me though stuff. I quit to the main menu and my save game was gone! Hours wasted! Is this a known issue of this game or gamepass in general?

    Please I need a solution, I don't want to play though a third of the game again to potentially lose everything.

    :)
     
    NathanDoodles, Aug 26, 2021
    #1
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

    Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?!

    Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is Vinicius.

    I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

    Hey Nathan, how are you today? Hope you're well.

    So, you're the first person that report this issue. Usually, gamepass games are save automatically on the cloud. For us to tell if the bug is within the game itself or gamepass, you would have to test another game, to see if it saves your progress, if it does the issue lies on the Psychonauts. :/

    What you could do is to reinstall the game also.
  3. George Query Win User

    I cannot make a purchase.

    I was using the US site - trying to get the game pass on special and Red Dead 2., Psychonauts 2.
  4. John P_14 Win User

    Psychonauts 2 Save Data Suddenly Gone

    Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

    I'm sorry to hear that you lost your save file in Psychonauts 2. Unfortunately, if your save file is gone, there is no way to retrieve it, and you will have to start the game over from the beginning. However, there are a few things you can try to prevent this from happening in the future:

    1. Cloud Saves: If your Xbox Live profile is set up to automatically sync save data to the cloud, you should have a backup copy of your save file in the cloud. Try checking your cloud saves to see if the saved file is still there.

    2. Save file location: You can check the location of the game's save file on your computer, and make a backup copy of it to a different location before you start playing.

    3. Try not to hit random buttons when the game is freezing, as this could potentially corrupt the save file.
  5. ComatoseLaptop Win User

    Can't Install Game: Error 0x80073cf3

  6. Jaden Flores Win User

    Gamepass save for psychonauts suddenly gone

    I tried this solution and uninstalled the console companion. I then went back into the game and it still wasn't there. When I go into the "SAVEDGAMES" file in the games files all thats there is a file called "savegameprefs". Should there be a file for my own save game?
Thema:

Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?!

Loading...
  1. Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?! - Similar Threads - Psychonauts game pass

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  10. I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...

    in XboX Insiders
    I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...: I don't know if support for the xbox 360 still continues, but I bought the first Psychonauts game through the official Xbox website and immediately ran to play the game that was added to my...