PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work.

Discus and support PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; More than often my PS4 Controllers will not properly connect via Bluetooth. Sometimes (but rarely), it does work, and in Windows Settings the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DisIsEllo, Dec 20, 2022.

1. DisIsEllo
    DisIsEllo Guest

More than often my PS4 Controllers will not properly connect via Bluetooth. Sometimes (but rarely), it does work, and in Windows Settings the Controller is registered as an Input Device, and says "Connected". However, it often is registered under "Other Devices", and displays as "Paired", not "Connected". This is when it doesn't work.

The actual PS4 Controller also doesn't have the Blue light on when "Paired", but does when "Connected".
    PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work. [​IMG]

PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work. [​IMG]
    (Second picture rare)

:)

DisIsEllo, Dec 20, 2022
  2. DisIsEllo Win User

Think I found the solution - If you are using a Bluetooth USB Adapter, take it out and plug it in again.
  3. edi tempura Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

Hi,

this is by far the most popular post of Microsoft forums I found on this topic. I have very similar issue:

My expectation is that when turning the Xbox Elite Controller 2 on it will automatically connect to the PC over Bluetooth (if already paired), however, it doesn't work for me. Light on the controller is flashing steadily but it never connects.

Controller works fine over USB. It's displayed as "Paired" in Bluetooth & other devices.

Controller's firmware has been updated over USB using Xbox Accessories application.

What have I tried already:

1. Ensuring my Bluetooth adapter is working fine by connecting wireless headphones - it's OK. I also moved the adapter to the front of the chassie.
    2. Ensuring controller's Bluetooth is working fine by connecting the controller to a MacBook.
    3. Restarting PC, controller, Bluetooth services (and changing them to automatic), turning Bluetooth off & on before and during controller sync.
    4. Uninstalling Bluetooth drivers, updating them via Windows, downloading new drivers from my MOBO (AsRock Z390 Pro4) manufacturer.
    5. Removing the controller from Bluetooth devices and trying to pair it again - controller is visible either as "Input" or as "Xbox Elite Wireless Controller" however it takes a lot of tries to connect it as the device is not responding (controller light is
      flashing rapidly as it should in sync mode).

After successful pairing I observed the controller sometimes stays connected and works fine over Bluetooth and sometimes it just switches back to the "turn on mode" (light flashing steadily), which brings me to the beginning of this problem - controller
    is paired but does not connect to PC.
  4. Anxiiousiy Win User

Xbox Controller

My Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to my Bluetooth at all but it connects by USB to my computer, it also flashes when I click the pairing button and my Bluetooth is turned on, whenever I go to the pair devices and try to pair the Xbox controller
    it doesn't show up. Is there a way I can reset the controller without the console?
    Its suppose to flash when pairing also what are you trying to pair it to
  5. DexLuther Win User

Xbox One Controller forgetting bluetooth pairing after being plugged in.

the controller will always remain paired to the console without issue.
    Hi,

There is a very good reason for this. On the console, the controller doesn't use Bluetooth, it uses its own proprietary wireless connection. The original Xbox One controllers didn't have Bluetooth on release and could only be connected via a micro USB cable,
    the newer controllers have the BT feature, but still work with the original Xbox One (think Xbox One Fat 2013).

It can't re-pair automatically because it has two types of wireless sync technologies built in. The only way I believe you can make the controller sync automatically would be via the Xbox One Gaming receiver for Windows 10. The receiver doesn't use Bluetooth.

I hope that makes sense.

That's interesting information, but it's still an issue.

When I plug my phone into my PC, it doesn't forget the bluetooth pairing. Plugged in or not I can use the phone companion app just fine, and I don't have to re-pair it when I unplug it.

When I pair a soundbar to my PC, it works just as well as when I unplug it and use it through bluetooth, and again no re-pairing needed.

When I plug in my Sennheiser wireless headphones to charge it, it's still paired to my PC through bluetooth when I unplug it.

For some unknown reason when you plug in an Xbox One controller, it or Windows 10 (or both) deletes or resets the bluetooth profile associated with it, which requires Windows 10 to pair with it again. It's the only device I know of that loses bluetooth pairing
    because you plugged it in. Having two different radio technologies is not an excuse. It would make sense if I was connecting the controller to the PC through bluetooth and then plugging it into an Xbox, but that isn't the case. I don't even have an Xbox anymore.

The controller/Windows 10 has no real reason for clearing/resetting the bluetooth profile when plugging the controller in.
  6. sba923 Win User

My Xbox Controller doesn't work anymore with Windows 10 PCs

Dunno what happened today.

I first started to test the controller with a USB connection to the first Windows 10 computer I ever used it with. With no batteries in the controller (just forgot I had removed the batteries). It worked.

Then I disconnected the USB cable, but batteries back in, and connected the controller via Bluetooth: it worked.

Then I removed the pairing from that computer, and connected via Bluetooth to another computer. It worked.

Again, removed the pairing and paired again with the original computer. It still worked.

Black magic?
Thema:

1. PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work. - Similar Threads - PS4 Controller says

2. How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...: My question was how can I sign up for a new Microsoft account on my ps4 because when I sign in it says error/ failed because the account is already connected so I have to use the previously used...
  3. How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4: I can’t play multiplayer on Minecraft it says it’s because of my settings for my Microsoft account. However, I can’t change them since I can’t connect my PS4 as a device in the family sharing app....
  4. Is there a way to refund a minecraft pack on ps4

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to refund a minecraft pack on ps4: I bought something by accident is there a way to refund it? 757bf5f9-8083-420c-844e-b58b368c7fd1
  5. Meu controle de ps4 fica com os botões embaralhados no meu celular.

in XboX Insiders
    Meu controle de ps4 fica com os botões embaralhados no meu celular.: Comprei um controle paralelo de PS4 para jogar no celular pelo xCloud e afins. No entanto, os botões estão embaralhados; por exemplo, quando aperto o botão "X", ele corresponde como botão...
  6. How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?: Answer in title. How can i use PS4 controller with PC Gamepass games? DS4Windows isnt helping even with xbox 360 emulation. f80f36ef-95fa-46d4-a9f4-df4c9716716d
  7. Ps4 controller issue in Windows 11.

in XBoX on Windows
    Ps4 controller issue in Windows 11.: Windows 11 suddenly decided to not recognize my controller as a controller. Tried DS4Windows/Input Mapper. No controllers connected. Tried setup USB game controllers. The controller was not there....
  8. I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming: My controller has worked before but stopped working on chrome browser recently, it didn’t even work on safari 6d585cb6-db49-4a41-a218-030bade8b822
  9. Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller: Hi, My PS4 controller is not being detected by the Xbox app on my PC, but it works normally when using xbox cloud on the Edge browser. I have tried updating the controller drivers, reinstalling...
  10. Cuphead not detecting ps4 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cuphead not detecting ps4 controller: When I first bought the game like 2 years ago I had a laptop that cuphead detected the controller in, but now I switched to a desktop and for some reason it doesn't detect it now. Other games do...