PS4 controller conected to PC but not working

Discus and support PS4 controller conected to PC but not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I plug in my PS4 controller to my PC to play games, the bar flashes orange to indicate its charging but the controller does not give any input... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KekecVGorah, Mar 19, 2022.

1. KekecVGorah
    KekecVGorah Guest

When I plug in my PS4 controller to my PC to play games, the bar flashes orange to indicate its charging but the controller does not give any input into the PC. I've tried the gamepad tester on my PC and it does not recognize my controller. I was able to use it some time ago but then suddenly it stopped working. I have also tried using DS4Windows but to no avail. When I use input mapper it recognizes my controller but the input lag is to big to be usable. Also when I plug in the controller my computer switches the audio to it. When I tried the same controller on another PC it worked without issue so the controller and cable are okay.

:)

KekecVGorah, Mar 19, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes if you don't address the ds4win you won't solve the issue

You are using a unsupported device you need to ask the dev steam or ds4win for.help since it isn't supported
  3. ngocphi Win User

You need to get help from ds4win or sony for this

Sony does NOT officially support windows other then steam as they do not use the windows libraries but their own custom libraries from steam even then it's still made by steam not sony

Ds4win uses.a wrapper to reroute.commands to actual xinput that windows uses for plug and play sony isn't known for being consumer friendly just within their own ecosystem

With steam doing all their work for ps games on steam

You are better off with regular gamepads that are windows compatible
  4. KekecVGorah Win User

Ok I will try asking DS4win. But steam also doesn't recognize my controller. Also my friend lent me his controller and the issue persists.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My PS4 controller dosent conect as it used to? Works on another PC.

You may need to check if these programs installed files in another place.
    You can try contacting the app developer to see how you can proceed

If not, proceed with the other 2 options
  6. Yasin hass Win User

My PS4 controller dosent conect as it used to? Works on another PC.

Hi. Thanks for your reply! I curently have done A, B, C, D, all of them unfortunately did not work for me. I will try to the last 2. Its weird situation since my controller works on another PC but not my main, probably becuase i installed something. Other PC could notice it in "Game controllers" setting but not my main PC. I did uinstall the aplications such as DS4 but problem still persist, So dont know how to trouble shoot that. My controller brights up with yellow tint, and just turns of. Tried aswell reseting the controller, did not solve it. Do you know how to trouble shoot new drivers? If so maybe i can uinstall it from the machine because i have uinstalled everything i have so far known. As in the aplications, appdata, drivers, yet none solved my issue im having with my controller not working with my PC.
Thema:

1. PS4 controller conected to PC but not working - Similar Threads - PS4 controller conected

2. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  3. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  4. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107
  5. Meu controle de ps4 fica com os botões embaralhados no meu celular.

in XboX Insiders
    Meu controle de ps4 fica com os botões embaralhados no meu celular.: Comprei um controle paralelo de PS4 para jogar no celular pelo xCloud e afins. No entanto, os botões estão embaralhados; por exemplo, quando aperto o botão "X", ele corresponde como botão...
  6. How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?: Answer in title. How can i use PS4 controller with PC Gamepass games? DS4Windows isnt helping even with xbox 360 emulation. f80f36ef-95fa-46d4-a9f4-df4c9716716d
  7. Ps4 controller issue in Windows 11.

in XBoX on Windows
    Ps4 controller issue in Windows 11.: Windows 11 suddenly decided to not recognize my controller as a controller. Tried DS4Windows/Input Mapper. No controllers connected. Tried setup USB game controllers. The controller was not there....
  8. I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming: My controller has worked before but stopped working on chrome browser recently, it didn’t even work on safari 6d585cb6-db49-4a41-a218-030bade8b822
  9. Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller: Hi, My PS4 controller is not being detected by the Xbox app on my PC, but it works normally when using xbox cloud on the Edge browser. I have tried updating the controller drivers, reinstalling...
  10. Cuphead not detecting ps4 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cuphead not detecting ps4 controller: When I first bought the game like 2 years ago I had a laptop that cuphead detected the controller in, but now I switched to a desktop and for some reason it doesn't detect it now. Other games do...