PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.

Discus and support PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to connect my PS4 controller via Bluetooth and connect my headphones to the built in jack in the controller, but no sound is coming out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by יהללב-רן, Nov 8, 2021.

1. PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.

Hi, I tried to connect my PS4 controller via Bluetooth and connect my headphones to the built in jack in the controller, but no sound is coming out of the headphones.
    I already had DS4Windows installed, but that didn't help, and I tried to switch the output sound to the Wireless Controller, but the device was not in the list of possible output devices. Even after I tried every device on that list the headphones did not produce any sound.

The only two solutions are to buy an expensive pair of Bluetooth headphones, or extend the existing headphones' cable, which will be very uncomfortable.
    Thanks.

:)

יהללב-רן, Nov 8, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected.

If you want controller headset audio you need an Xbox controller. Other controllers are only supported as basic pad stick and butttons
  3. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Seeing some comments about this it seems that it is not possible to use the audio from a headset connected to the controller with Bluetooth but I recommend contacting Sony to confirm this and receive the correct instructions.
  4. mntdew7726 Win User

New 3.5mm Xbox One controllers don't seem to output sound unless a mic is detected?

I am having a similar issue with the new Master Chief controller for Xbox One. When I use my ear buds (without mic) I get sound through the controller and everything works fine. When I use my new headphones (over ear Bluetooth/aux capable) with the 3.5mm
    cable it detects the headphones but does not play sound. The headphones work on all of my other devices with 3.5mm jack.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows incorrectly detects devices

Got it, thank you. The Xbox controller will be listed as a headset because it has a headphone jack built-in. When using the Xbox Wireless Adapter, you can use this headphone jack; it's not supported over Bluetooth, which is why it appears differently.

Does this affect the normal functionality of the controller or headset in any way?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality

There is also the option to connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

I hope this answers your question.
    I have the Elite controller, and you can NOT connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

Also, the Elite controller has the same 3.5mm audio jack as the other controllers. As the sound is transmitted to the controller digitally, and then turned into an analogue signal, you won't hear a difference.

You'll get the most audio improvements by choosing "Windows Sonic" as an audio format for your headphones, or if you're willing to pay money for the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app, you can also activate Dolby Atmos for your headphones.

But the overall sound quality is mostly dependent on the speakers built into your headphones than the actual audio jack in the controller.

Also to "defend" the headphone jack:

I use a Plantronics RIG 400HX headset. It has a volume slider and mute switch in it's cable, so you can adjust the volume and mute the microphone with the flick of a switch.

And since Plantronics is known for making professional headsets that are used in callcenters and other professional environments, the Plantronics headset is also comfortable to wear for extended periods.
Thema:

1. PS4 Bluetooth controller's headphone jack does not produce sound when headphones are connected. - Similar Threads - PS4 Bluetooth controller's

2. How do I add a friend on ps4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on ps4: I'm on Xbox 1 and want to add someone who has ps4. How would I do that.? 51e1f7ce-eb8f-4c5c-94f7-3b1332eec84a
  3. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  4. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  5. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107
  6. How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...: My question was how can I sign up for a new Microsoft account on my ps4 because when I sign in it says error/ failed because the account is already connected so I have to use the previously used...
  7. How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4: I can’t play multiplayer on Minecraft it says it’s because of my settings for my Microsoft account. However, I can’t change them since I can’t connect my PS4 as a device in the family sharing app....
  8. PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PS4 Controller says "Paired" not "Connected" with Bluetooth and doesn't work.: More than often my PS4 Controllers will not properly connect via Bluetooth. Sometimes (but rarely), it does work, and in Windows Settings the Controller is registered as an Input Device, and says...
  9. Paired PS4 controller with laptop by Bluetooth, but Xbox App won't recognize it for xCloud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Paired PS4 controller with laptop by Bluetooth, but Xbox App won't recognize it for xCloud...: Hi! Trying to play xCloud gaming on my laptop with Ultimate Game Pass. The Xbox App won't recognize my Dualshock 4 controller. When I click on the thing that says no controller is connected, I...
  10. PS4 controller connects to windows 10 with bluetooth as mouse, keyboard, etc.

in XBoX on Windows
    PS4 controller connects to windows 10 with bluetooth as mouse, keyboard, etc.: [img] Controller Model: Sony CUH-ZCT 2U Laptop Model: Huawei D14 When I choose to connect to everything else, there's nothing showing up. Only in the mouse option does it show and become...